Awesome United pics

lonelyred

great pic but that's against Spurs....
and not even from this past week. It has Mkhitaryan in the line up.
I'm sorry. Valencia posted it on his Instagram after today's match. I have just seen it and copied without checking (guess he hasn't checked it before posting either). I will edit and delete the incorrect caption now.

Edit: It's obviously photoshopped too, the crowd's been multiplied to look bigger, so I will delete the post completely. Should have looked better. Sorry.

Last edited:

Ban

Our lineup vs Madrid in CL QF in 2003 when we won 4:3.

Yes we didn't go through but what a game that was..

SER19

Ah yes back when Alex Ferguson, he of no real tactical nous, was stuck to his old routine of 442 and out and out wingers, despite it clearly being a hybrid of 451 and 433, before it was cool.

JK-27

Christ, the days when we had John O'Shea starting games eh. For all the shite Shaw is getting lately, he is a damn sight better than John O'Shea ever was.

Deleted member 101472

Being able to say I was at that game and the roma 7-1 game is undoubtedly my highlights as a fan. Ronaldo was just ruthless in this game.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I love Butt and thought he played excellently in the Madrid game, but I always wondered how we would've done with Scholes in the team who, in my opinion, was our best player that season. It's not that big of a deal because it ended up being one of the best games I've ever watched.

Beckham's performance in that game after coming on was also :drool:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I find it rather depressing people always bring up a game we lost, and were never truly really in (they were always ahead, and had taken off all their best players by the time we ‘fought back’) as some great mythologised moment in our history.

Bit sad, isn’t it? Surely we’re better than that?

Stu1975

I was at that game....the fact we didn't go through made it shit.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I find it rather depressing people always bring up a game we lost, and were never truly really in (they were always ahead, and had taken off all their best players by the time we ‘fought back’) as some great mythologised moment in our history.

Bit sad, isn’t it? Surely we’re better than that?
It's a game that I was only a kid when it happened and it's stuck in my head some of the football played that night.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Christ, the days when we had John O'Shea starting games eh. For all the shite Shaw is getting lately, he is a damn sight better than John O'Shea ever was.
If Shaw becomes half the player O’Shea was, he will have overachieved.

AaronRedDevil

There's a pic I really like but im not sure if it's on here. When the lights went out in old Trafford. You see a perfect glimpse of Utd players on the pitch. "When the lights go out, the stars shine"

Davs

I had this image blown up into like a 1.5 metre poster on my wall as a kid.

Never forget. :devil:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Is he feck. Shaw has had maybe 8 good games in a United shirt, in none of those 8 did he look better than O'Sheas best games at full back. It's not even close either.

O'Shea averaged something like 30 games a season across 9 full seasons at the club, all of them played under one of the best Managers ever to sit in a dugout. Give your head a wobble.

AaronRedDevil

This is probably one of the best threads ever. You could spend hours here just looking at pictures and remembering the times. I especially get sad and happy at the same time from all the time Ronnie was a Utd player. Great pics at every celebration, goal, line up. Gets me emotional.

Jonno

John O'Shea whilst limited was an outstanding professional and was incredibly consistent for a good 10 years.

Shaw can't be described as any of those things.

Hoof the ball

I mean, that's simply not true. Luke Shaw has had no season for us which was as good as O'Shea's breakout debut season. That O'Shea didn't kick on from there doesn't alter the huge promise he showed in his first year.

AbduRaheem

Great pictures. Keep up the awesome work. Loving all the old ones, bringing back some good memories.