Awesome United pics

Red00012

I’m wondering can anyone’s help , I’m looking for the official team photo that’s done at the Start of the season, I’ve been on to the megastore but they don’t have it , can anyone help ?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Need some from tonight, would like a desktop wallpaper of the celebrations or similar.

BR7

Not a high quality photo but one of my favourite moments. Whitesides 110th minute winner in the FA Cup against Everton. I still remember Reid flying in the air when Moran was red carded.

I remember that game, it was a bit of a challenge from Moran to be fair (but I hated Reid he had no skills just a simples water carrier) but I remember sir Bryan Robson all over the ref when he sent Moran off. To beat southall from that angle was not easy, I mean southall in his prime, what a finish

lsd

The Oracle
You know that Ole goal was special when it made Roy Keane smile as wide as Fred. Bruno’s goal was special as well mind you! Probably a better one as well.

Yeah but Ole's winner was in the last seconds after being 1 down with minutes to go

Lightbringer

Der meister, Schweinsteiger, who United f'cked up bigtime - but he is still smiling & being a fan :) Lovely guy!

The Red Thinker

Der meister, Schweinsteiger, who United f'cked up bigtime - but he is still smiling & being a fan :) Lovely guy!

What are you on about mate? Love Bastian but he was travelling the world with his then girlfriend, now wife, Ana Ivanovic when he was out injured. He was nowhere near as focused beyond that first year with LVG. He was done with football and he couldn’t handle the speed of the game in England. He was almost always injured. Cmon Let’s remember things right now!

Lightbringer

What are you on about mate? Love Bastian but he was travelling the world with his then girlfriend, now wife, Ana Ivanovic when he was out injured. He was nowhere near as focused beyond that first year with LVG. He was done with football and he couldn’t handle the speed of the game in England. He was almost always injured. Cmon Let’s remember things right now!
Fair, but he was frozen out to force a transfer, which I dont agree with at all. It was widely reported at the time that Uniteds treatment of him was inumane, Jose even apologized which does not happen often. Thats why I find it remarkable nice of Bastian to still hold United at heart. I dont argue against anything else you said at all.

"Schweinsteiger, signed by Louis van Gaal from Bayern Munich in 2015, found himself frozen out by Mourinho earlier in the season and forced to train away from the first-team squad.

He was later, briefly, welcomed back into the fold before being allowed to leave for the MLS side on a free transfer.

Mourinho apologised for his handling of the World Cup winner on his departure from Old Trafford and Schweinsteiger said: “He spoke to me, so it was nothing new for me, but it shows his character.

“Of course it was an unfortunate situation, for both of us, but I hope the best for United."

Last edited:

Dookingham United

I don't see anything like this on our current team (Rooney perhaps come class.)
This is something that is nearly extinct from the modern footballer. I don't mean the aggression toward officials, and I don't mean just Manchester United, but the passion for football. To win. To be the best. Think of Ronaldo, Ibrahimovich etc. The last old guard who want to be the very best, who have the self-belief and win everything.
Who are behind them? Neymar? - A could have been. Mbappe? - I don't see enough drive. Possibly the only player that MAY have it is Haaland.(I hope he can keep his mentality)
Modern footballers are given too much, paid too much.
The price that they are paid has now surpassed the cost of being great. Why constantly push to be the absolute best when you can be set for life with doing a good job rather than the best you can?

Passion is expensive, but I think we have bought it out. 8(

lsd

The Oracle
Yeah but if you’re referring to the champions league it wasn’t that picture

Yes i know it was the Cup game v Liverpool that year it was more special in my opinion than this seasons because we were having no luck at all that day . I think Keane hit the post twice and we missed so many chances you just felt it was never going to happen.

Then Yorkie and Ole in the last few mins it was just special

Yagami

Good post resistant

One of the rare times we had Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov on the pitch together. Resulted in 5 goals in one half and one of the best moments of the 08/09 season!

markhughes

Would anyone be interested in me taking some photos of some old match day programs I have from the 50s and 60s and would this be the correct place to add them?

Would it be better in a dedicated (historical) match day program thread maybe?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Would anyone be interested in me taking some photos of some old match day programs I have from the 50s and 60s and would this be the correct place to add them?

Would it be better in a dedicated (historical) match day program thread maybe?
That would be great, new thread maybe?

markhughes

That would be great, new thread maybe?
I am stuck on 9 likes at the moment, if someone starts a new thread that would be great otherwise I will wait on my final like And create one myself eventually.

I have a couple of great programs to share for sure from the Busby babes era.

Real Name

I am stuck on 9 likes at the moment, if someone starts a new thread that would be great otherwise I will wait on my final like And create one myself eventually.

I have a couple of great programs to share for sure from the Busby babes era.
You can do it now. :)