Awesome United pics

Revaulx

I was going with a girl back then whose dad was a long-time City fan. He used to say that if Stepney had a decent defence in front of him, he'd be England's number one.
He was certainly an underrated and incredibly consistent keeper. England had no shortage of good keepers back then, but yes I agree he’d have at least been given a proper go if United hadn’t been shit at the time Banks lost an eye.

Moriarty

United 2 West Ham 2. Lou Macari's debut. He got our second and equalizing goal Here he is watched by MacDougall and Jim Holton. (That wasn't the goal. It was a close range shot but this was the best I could do).

Last edited:

Moriarty

FA Cup semi-final 1965. Denis Law's shirt is in tatters as the ref tries to sort it all out. George Best is on the left David Herd - number 9 walks toward Law and Bobby Collins while big Jack Chrlton looks ready for a scrap. I thinks that's brother Bobby just behind him.

Moriarty

Jimmy Rimmer watches a shoyt from a Boro player go wide. Ian Ure, David Sadler and Willie Morgan are in frame during this 3rd Round FA Cup tie in January 1971. United lost the replay at Ayresome Park 1-2 with Best scoring for the reds.

Woodywizz

I’ve got some great pics from the trophy parade in town, which I took, when we got our 19th league title and surpassed the scouser’s 18th title. I can’t embed these until I have 5 likes (as I’m still a newbie), I’m currently on 4 - so if anyone could like this post and then I can put the pics in here. Apols to the mods for being a bit cheeky, but they are great pics :)

Woodywizz

A quick query. I am now able to embed media but when I add the url (from my Flickr account) into the “insert pic” option - it is not uploading. Any thoughts?

Moriarty

Easter 1967. Craven Cottage. George Cohen tussles with Best as Denil Law watches on. The game ended 2-2 with Best and Stiles scoring.

norm87cro

I love this thread and a special thanks to all the older CAF for some of the vintage pictures. I know it cant be captured prehaps in a single photo but the way Citys players lost all hope after Wazzas 2 1 goal of the 2011 season just gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling. They were the better team after 1 1 and looked to turn around the game but Wazza had other ideas

Moriarty

I'm guessing here but this was taken during Best's ill-fated comeback under the Doc. If i'm right, the opponents are Birmingham and Best was subbed for Mick Martin. United won 1-0 with an Alex Stepney penalty.

Revaulx

The M-way to Victory:

Morgan
McIlroy
Macari
McCalliog
Martin

Ok so we got relegated, but we played some lovely stuff in the Spring of ‘74.