Axel or Bailly or Lindelof - whom should we sell?

justsomebloke

I think Bailly is the obvious first choice to go. He's less reliable than Lindelof as the main backup option (not least because of his frequent injuries), he needs to play regularly to get his career back on track and seem unlikely to be content as the no 4 man. Also, he should fetch a meaningful fee. Surely, 20-25 m ought to be possible.

largelyworried

Depends who we buy of course, but I'd personally sell Bailly and have Lindelof & Axel as a backup. The single most important feature of a squad player is that they're there when you need them. Bailly hasn't been, that settles it for me. Axel has had problems too but he's younger and I want the club to give every chance to our young players before deciding they're not up to it.

Lindelof is flawed as a first-choice defender at a club wanting to win the title, but would make for a perfectly good backup player. Generally, he's been injury-free and there are plenty of games where his weaknesses don't matter so much. He's be fine as cover for Maguire or for spells in the team to cover injury.

Zen86

Lindelof is a decent backup. He’s dependable to a certain extent and he’s usually available for selection. Bailly on the other hand..

The Caff Spraff

The fact that bailly has just signed a new contract and axel is seen as a player with potential for the future it’ll be lindelof that goes.
Either that axel will be loaned to a PL team for more game time and all are kept

Gurtej

In all seriousness... ALL.....If we are even interested in getting to the top....We sell ALL......We need to be smart in our transfer dealings...We can't and shouldn't have back up earning 100k +.... When I am sure we can find very good and better back ups and pay them 70-80K....And end up with positive net spend on all 3...

Judas

Open to offers
Bailly. Barely fit, often a headache when he plays anyway. Completely unreliable. I don't think any of them are good enough to start for us, obviously there's still hope for Axel but he needs to really be showing a lot next season.

Glorio

I was really impressed with Axel in the last few games when the first team was rested - he appeared to settle with the game time (as he's generally stayed fit this time round). I was actually certain he'd play the final and was mildly surprised when he didn't

redrobed

Bailly all day. I’m OK with Lindelof as a third, preferably 4th choice Cb - think we have bigger issues than him.

Axel should probably move on for all parties but he’s fairly versatile and likely not as big a drain on resources.

Bailly cost a fair chunk of money - some of which we could hopefully redeem. Never fit. Never know what you’re going to get when he is. And there’s been a report or two which make me think he could be a bit disruptive - maybe actually hindering despite not even playing.