Axel or Bailly or Lindelof - whom should we sell?

SinNombre

Lots of chatter/leaks that United are looking to buy a senior center back to pair with Maguire.

In a reasonably run club, this should mean a departure.

Who should that be?

Axel - injury prone. will have the most suitors given his age/wages. We will likely get 10-15m for him.

Bailly - injury prone. will be the hardest to shift given his wages/injury record. We will likely get ~15m

Lindelof - stays fit and wages are high but reasonable. Clubs like Villa, Everton could end up paying 20-25m

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Bailly should be the one to go. No point him staying here as 3rd choice if he's never fit.

JB7

Bailly without a shadow of a doubt.

FatTails

For all his faults, IMO, Lindelof is clearly the best of the three. If he’s happy being a bench option, we should keep him.

Axel is ok and still has room to develop.

The sight of Bailly charging around and throwing himself into weird positions and tackles freaks me out. The new Rojo. Add to that the fact that he thinks he should be starting more games, and to me it sounds like it is time to move him on.

Trequarista10

Bailly first to to, Lindelof will probably get another season but shouldnt be too far behind.

Weirdly, I think Lindelof would be quite good on the right of a back three, so potentially we could get a decent fee for him from a club who plays that system.

Devil77

Bailly obviously. Seldom fit, and when he is he's unreliable, rash and lacks the ability to make a forward pass.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Bailly. Lindelöf second and Axel backup to the new guy.

stevoc

Bailly even outside of being injury prone and erratic. He's wildly inconsistent at his age he'll never be top defender time to cash in after his new contract.

At this stage it's arguable if he's even the 3rd/4th best defender at the club never mind the best.

Smores

I still think Axel could make it here but i struggle to see how he'll get the games needed to do so. Basically only injuries would give him proper game time needed.

Ekeke

Lindelof would get the highest fee in my opinion. Tuanzebe hasnt played enough in the premier league to solidify his reputation especially with his injuries, I'm sure plenty of continental clubs would be willing to think that they can get the most out of Lindelof's on the ball ability and reduce his ineffectiveness without the ball by playing in a league with less physical players and less of the ball in the air and playing him in a back 3 as well. Maybe a Sevilla, Milan or Napoli and clubs of that level would be interested and take a chance on him

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We should sell Lindelof, unless we get a manager to play 3 CBs because he's too vulnerable otherwise.

Bailly shouldn't even be here. As good/bad/average as he can be, his injuries make it irrelevant. He's unreliable and if you have an unreliable back-up, you have no back-up.

Finally, Tuanzebe has looked decent the few times he's been on but he's basically an unknown quantity. I think we should play him and see how he does but if not (and if I were him), I'd ask to leave.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I don’t see why Axel can’t be given a good 5-10 game run in the first team. I’m pretty much done with the Chuckle brothers (yes they’ve taken that mantle from Phil Jones and Chris Smalling).

Raveneye

Axel has plenty of room to grow and has had some performances where he outdid Lindelof. One where he even kept Mbappe in his pocket. Even if we end up selling him, I think he is likely to increase in value over time. But he has a real shot of challenging for the first team in time.

Lindelof has been playing with a back injury this season. I hope he finally has time to get it fully sorted out. He'll easily be worth the most money and would be a good defender in many clubs. Honestly I imagine he'd do great in a less physical league where his ability to slow down play and passively deny angles is almost always relevant and his relatives lack of strength isn't exposed as often. But if he's willing to be a squad option he's also easily the safest bet to bring on when we need him.

I love Bailly the person. His recent bad performances I put down to Covid just like Pogba looked out of it for a while. When he tries a bicycle kick in our own box, that's the kind of entertainment I expect from this crazy man. But a bench option isn't an option if he's always injuring himself.

Foxbatt

Lindelof at least played decent level for a long time for a decent club and country. I do not understand why we even bought Bailly?

A-man

Lindelof - stayed fit for most parts over 2 season when everybody except him and Maguire was injured. Played about 80 games with Maguire since he showed up. Not going to be sold.
Bailly- has said twice he wants out if he’s not a starter. However in the end is he ready to cut his salary in 3 to play for another club?
Tuanzebe- the only realistic to sell but Inhave a feeling Ole wants him to stay. In the end we’ll keep all our CBs next season.

SAFMUTD

If we're only bringing one then its gotta be Bailly, if we bring two then its gotta be Axel. Ideally we would get rid of all 3.

Gopher Brown

Every time I’ve seen Tuanzebe he has impressed me. Has a great stature that Lindelof and Bailly lack, also he’s calm and fast, which combines the strongest bits of the other two.

No doubt he’ll be the first sold.

ti vu

Selling all at the price right if possible. Lindelof doesn't seem to have potential to grow. Bailly stagnates, or even regresses. Axel doesn't show enough, and not given enough chances during this important period for development. His value would go down if this keeps up.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lindelof is by far the best defender out of them and stays fit unlike the others. He shouldn't be in this. And let's not forget that Jones is here too... :lol:

Depends more on Bailly and Tuanzebe though. Which of them is OK with being the 4th choice CB? Wouldn't begrudge both of them from leaving and us using a younger guy as the 4th choice. Or ideally buy Rice for DM who can fill in at CB.

GueRed

In an ideal world I'd sack all three and bring in a couple of top class ones.

Bondi77

Axel looks like the only one who can play on the left and can do a job as a defensive RB so he should be definitely staying and I hope he gets a decent run next season.

Dan_F

Unless we’re getting over £20 million for Bailly, I’d keep and find Axel a top loan where he’s going to be first choice at a mid table club. The game time he’ll get here is going to be non existent again if we sign a centre back, as Maguire is going to be playing every game.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Lindelöf might get you the most value. He stays fit, has a higher bottom level than the other two, good on the ball and does well next to a more aggressive brute of a centre back.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Obviously not Lindelof. He's clearly one of our first choice defenders atm, so we'll be a lot stronger with him pushed to the bench rather than being sold and leaving us with a lesser third CB.

I'd lean towards selling Bailly of the other two, on the basis that he's made noises about wanting to be a starter but definitely shouldn't be.

Bailey needs to go. He’s never going to be good enough, and cannot be relied upon due to his appalling fitness.

Lindelof should be a squad player.

Tuanzebe - on one hand I’d like to keep him, he’s a promising young player, but he needs games. We do however need a 4th CB, so I would keep him for another season. If he doesn’t get 20-25 games next year (which I think is unlikely), then we need to let him go.

wolvored

Out of the 3 Bailly, but we could do with getting rid of all 3 and Jones as well. In order we should be moving on imo 1 Jones 2 Bailly 3 Tuanzebe and last Lindelof. In reality I bet they are all still here come August :(

Out of the 3 Bailly, but we could do with getting rid of all 3 and Jones as well. In order we should be moving on imo 1 Jones 2 Bailly 3 Tuanzebe and last Lindelof. In reality I bet they are all still here come August :(
In reality no club can sell all of their CBs bar one, that’s insanity.

im not Lindelof’s biggest fan, but he’s more than worthy of a squad place, just that he shouldn’t be the undisputed partner to Maguire. Competition (he has none at the moment), may improve him, and so we all benefit from that.

it’s a given Jones should go. But we’ve all given up on him, so not really up for debate!

Classical Mechanic

Axel needs to play so he should go out on loan whilst we retain the other 4 for the first team. Bailly will then leave at the end of the season when he doesn't get in the team that much.

Jev

I've rated Bailly's potential highly for years but it looks like the ship has sailed. At 27, it's hard to see him improving enough to make us trust him as a starter and there's no point having a rotating player who can't stay fit. He's also the most likely to sulk about not playing. Lindelöf is dependable, reliant, always available and a perfectly decent defender. Everything you'd want in a backup CB.

VivaRonaldo85

We should keep Lindelof as he is reliable and suitable cover. Axel still has potential for me but his injury record is concerning. I’d still be willing to keep him and see how he continues to develop. So for me, Bailly is the obvious one that should be sold. A poor injury record and erratic form make him a risk and with a new contract in place, we might make a decent fee back on him to a Spanish or Italian club willing to take a punt. Shame, as on his best days, he looks outstanding but you can count those type of appearances on one hand.

EdinburghDevil

Bailly for me and if we bring in another CB, Axel should go and get himself another loan if we can persuade him too.

Martialfc

I’d sell all of them. I don’t think they are good enough.