Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Good experience for him.

Competitive League and a competitive squad. I think he's good enough that he will force his way into the team somewhere. They're in the thick of the promotion race so will be a challenge for him.

haram

Spoke to Villa fans last time. He said they are happy with their current defense especially centre back pair Terry & Chester and he hopes there is nothing change in their back for. He said when Terry is fit, their defense is solid but they lack of backup centre back who can cover Terry when he's injured, Samba was poor as their backup. I checked that Terry has played 18 games out of 28 games. Assuming Terry might miss another 10, I think Tuanzebe playing 10 league game as centre back while also learn from Bruce & Terry can help his development.

And also there is always another option to play him such as defensive midfield & right back to gain more experiences.
Ahhh I see, thanks.

Bwuk

Hopefully he takes the chance to learn from Bruce and the likes of Terry. Could potentially be a very good move for him.

R'hllor

Hope he gets minutes, TFM gone, Axel gone, not only Darmian took his minutes but he stays too :houllier:

Mickson

Think he will do well , first team football will do him good , for me he did not takes his chances when he was given them.
Not convinced that Villa will play him enough, time will tell.
Not sure if serious... in his only start this season he was nominated for man of the match, outshone all the other defenders.

Acole9

Outstanding
Good luck to him, I really hope he does well there. Couldn't have found a better club for him to go to. Doesn't matter whether he's playing centre back, right back or centre midfield, the lad just needs games.

Seven Seas Sardines

Great move, albeit a bit late!

Guaranteed to get lots of minutes under Brucey, learning from Terry. He'll be a monster come the Summer, always looked a class above everyone else on the pitch whenever he played, but now he'll come on heaps and bounds!

Henry Gaervell

Not sure if serious... in his only start this season he was nominated for man of the match, outshone all the other defenders.
I agree.

Plus his great performance last season at right back when he has Sanchez in his pocket.

Don't think I've ever seen tunzebe play badly when in defence. He's abit underwhelming in def mid, but he's not had stinkers like blind, darmian and lideloff have this season

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Good move, some great mentors to learn from (as long as he gets regular game time)

MJJ

So how do the people who were blaming andreas for leaving and not "fighting" for his place feel now?

Half a year wasted for the lad, just like it was for TFM the year before.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Had to move. Complete waste of a year for the lad. 3 apperances
Not really. Training with the first team and learning a lot of defensive training from one of the best defensive managers in the world if not the best. Tuanzebe can now apply what he learned under Mourinho in competitive games.

Seven Seas Sardines

Seems they are quite happy to have him, in spite of his fashion sense...

Blogservations: Axel Tuanzebe – Why he's so much more than a kid from Manchester United
On the Bish podcast: Keith Wyness on Axel Tuanzebe deal and other transfer businessTV dates: Wolves and Hull games switched

Two things hit home upon introduction to Axel Tuanzebe. One: he is a monster of a man. Two: he carries a natural maturity that belies his years.

How often does a 20-year-old walk into a club of our stature, having never been out on loan before, joining a squad of so many senior pros, at a place full of expectation, and insist on being a leader of the group? Not very, that's for sure.

I've been fortunate enough to interview some of his Manchester United colleagues in the past. Those more established, who've won multiple honours and with more hype surrounding their everyday lives.

But Axel was different. More confident. More at ease in front of the cameras. And certainly more bold in his statements, of which there were many.

The phrases 'promotion, 'Premier League' and 'going up' combined were used more than 10 times in the space of his six-minute, first interview. 'Purpose' was another commonly used word – he believes it is to get this club back to where it belongs.

As for observation number one, his physique, it's fair to say the camera tripods had to be elevated that little bit higher to the current players in the dressing room. He is a giant.

Broad, muscular and powerful, you'd be tempted to think he'd lose out slightly in the pace and mobility departments. Not a chance.

A brief glimpse of his first training session immediately put such theories to bed, while our club analysts were also in awe of his seemingly flawless all-round specimen.

Whether Tuanzebe features more in the back four or just in front is for Steve Bruce and his coaching staff to decide, but there's no denying he'll bring a welcome vigour and athleticism to the team. Our gallery of his first full training session will offer an insight into exactly that.

One would think even he couldn't possibly dislodge the immovable centre-back partnership of John Terry and James Chester. But perhaps the more important point here is that if, like JT in the back-end of 2017, injuries occur, we'll be far better placed than before to cope with such losses.

If played slightly further forward, Tuanzebe can be for Aston Villa what Nemanja Matic is to his parent club, what Fernandinho is to Manchester City. A forceful presence, but also a calming influence and a skilful operator.

His qualities as a footballer and, perhaps more importantly, as a personality, will only strengthen our bid for promotion this season. Of that I am certain.

We have a big talent on our hands.

Last edited:

Seven Seas Sardines

Villa seem to be in awe of him. Good move on the lad and hope he plays every game there
Never cared for watching too much of the Championship, but now the tables are turned. I've got so much hope for him but since he's young and we have so many options at the back, I wouldn't mind letting Aston Villa keep him another year if they get promoted. Could be great having Steve Bruce developing all our talent in the PL.

I somehow feel that Chelsea's strategy of buying tons of youngsters and loaning them out might not be too bad to follow if done correctly, especially in this crazy market. Hell, could even buy a club like City did with Girona and develop all the best teenagers there.

I know I'd be stuck watching football all day every day. :drool:

Classical Mechanic

He hasn't played much football this season so he probably needs to bed in slowly. The other downside is that Terry and Chester are considered the best CB pairing in the league. He will have to win a place in the side.

kundalini

Unused sub.

Only Wolves and Derby have better defensive records currently in the Championship. Villa in the hunt for automatic promotion.

Jig1234

We should have loaned out Smalling or Jones instead. Axel would have done better against Spurs.

distant_red

I only saw extended highlights of the game on youtube. I noticed he came on against Burton around the 67th min and seemed to be at right back. How did he go, for anyone who watched the whole game?

Yagami

Good post resistant
I only saw extended highlights of the game on youtube. I noticed he came on against Burton around the 67th min and seemed to be at right back. How did he go, for anyone who watched the whole game?
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/tuanzebe-loan-watch.435974/page-2#post-22127899

@FootballHQ is a Villa supporter who has a few posts there about how he's doing.

On the plus side, I can watch the game hoping that Terry et al get absolutely humiliated without any cognitive dissonance.
:lol:

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So how do the people who were blaming andreas for leaving and not "fighting" for his place feel now?

Half a year wasted for the lad, just like it was for TFM the year before.
Training daily with the likes of Pogba Lukaku Martial Jones and Smalling is hardly a waste of time plus the level of coaches at this club and the manager how can it be a waste of time?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I feel the same. It's comparing apples and oranges to compare the fate of Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe, who operated in the strongest department our our senior team. To that of Pereira who operates in midfield, where Carrick missed half the season and upfront where there is a coward vacancy on the right wing. If Pereira had stayed, he's have been getting the chances McTominay has been handed on top of the fact he'd have had a chance to stake a claim as the solution to our right wing dilemma. Which Lingard, Mata, Martial and Rashford have all flunked at.

Tuanzebe in comparison has had to fight for a place in a department that has 10 established senior pros fighting for a berth in the 11 or the bench. (Valencia, Darmian, Bailly, Smalling, Rojo, Jones, Lindeloff, Shaw, Blind, Young. He needed an out right miracle to play so needed the loan far more.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Doesn't seem like he's going to get many games.
He won't start much but the experience of learning from Bruce and Terry can't be bad at all for him and he'll still get sub appearances, more than he would here.

Kostov

We loud this guy as potential first team player here, and rightly so because he has shown he is very talented. Then we send him off to a Championship team that doesn't even play him regularly. I mean is that so fecking difficult to ask about some assurances that he gets to play?

Classical Mechanic

We loud this guy as potential first team player here, and rightly so because he has shown he is very talented. Then we send him off to a Championship team that doesn't even play him regularly. I mean is that so fecking difficult to ask about some assurances that he gets to play?
It does seem odd given how good Villa's centre back pairing are.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He was never going to start today.

Our back 4 is very settled but once there is an injury he'll be straight in I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.