Axel Tuanzebe image 38

Axel Tuanzebe England flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allas8

It might make sense. I've just never heard of this rule before. Is this something set by the Premier League?
Probably FIFA or UEFA. Just look up the Chelsea-Vitesse partnership, after having spent 2 years at loan at Vitesse, Chelsea don't know what to do with their players having been on loan there. Its also a problem United run into with Royal Antwerp, if my memory served me correctly.

youngrell

Does that 2 year rule only come into effect if it's a single loan deal? Like James at Bayern was a 2 year loan deal but Axel has been to Villa on a number of separate deals.

Based Adnan

Apparently he either wants a new contract and to stay and play or wants to be sold. Doesn't fancy a loan.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We aren’t going to sign a new centre back, the centre back market is too ridiculously high and we have plenty in our squad (although they are average).

Just like what some poster mentioned about a player cannot be loaned out to the same club more than 24 months, I think it’s true since I remember there is such a rule and it means that almost rule out Axel to go on loan to Aston Villa again.

I don’t expect Axel to play straight in our starting XI but knowing how average our centre back are, I expect him to climb up step by step & build up more trust with the manager and by mid season he will be our regular centre back.

Thepinhead

I've only watched Axel 4-5 times. Can any of you who watch him regulary tell me how good he is in the air. I feel like our only CB who is good enough in the air for PL is Smalling. So if we are to have a Lindelof/Axel partnership in the future Axel has to be very good in the air in my opinion.

dev1l

I've only watched Axel 4-5 times. Can any of you who watch him regulary tell me how good he is in the air. I feel like our only CB who is good enough in the air for PL is Smalling. So if we are to have a Lindelof/Axel partnership in the future Axel has to be very good in the air in my opinion.
Maybe that s why the club is interested in cb d who are very good in air like Maguire,Diop and DeLigt

Thepinhead

Maybe that s why the club is interested in cb d who are very good in air like Maguire,Diop and DeLigt
Yes that is my thought as well. Maybe an Axel/Maguire partnership is the future with Smalling and Lindelof backup

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Spoke to a Villa season ticket holder recently, the Villa fans absolutely love him, and want him back, permanent if possible, he told me that he 'looks every inch like a Manchester United player', and he thinks Tuanzebe would slot straight into United's current back four with no problem, but hopes that United don't rate him, and sell him to Villa. Fine testament indeed from someone who hates United (but hates Chelsea more).

lysglimt

Scout
Spoke to a Villa season ticket holder recently, the Villa fans absolutely love him, and want him back, permanent if possible, he told me that he 'looks every inch like a Manchester United player', and he thinks Tuanzebe would slot straight into United's current back four with no problem, but hopes that United don't rate him, and sell him to Villa. Fine testament indeed from someone who hates United (but hates Chelsea more).
Henderson, Tuanzebe, James, Bissaka, Dalot, McTominay, Rashford, Garner, Laird, Chong, Gomes, Greenwood - we might struggle short-term but I am not concerned for Man United long-term. That could easily be £500+ million worth of talent right there.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Henderson, Tuanzebe, James, Bissaka, Dalot, McTominay, Rashford, Garner, Laird, Chong, Gomes, Greenwood - we might struggle short-term but I am not concerned for Man United long-term. That could easily be £500+ million worth of talent right there.
In total agreement with your statement, can see this season as a changing of the guard so to speak, De Gea, Young, Rojo, Darmian, Smalling, Matic, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez all gone by July 2020, (have a feeling he may keep Jones another season). Certainly whets my appetite for the following season, when many of these lads could be starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.