Axel Tuanzebe image 38

Axel Tuanzebe England flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Rainbows

The problem is shipping out the dross. We traditionally pay better than most but we have to manage our bottom line too. Even if we gave Sanchez up for a free, who could afford to take him?
I'm sure we can get rid of Jones. He's 27 and is plenty good enough for a bottom side. We'll just have to accept a lower transfer fee. I mean, we did get rid of Cleverley and Evans. It will be a lot harder to get rid of Rojo.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That's a very good performance. His ability on the ball is very good, he has the confidence to dribble past players and bring the ball out of defense. He should be part of the squad next season.

Based Adnan

Perhaps a bit harsh but I thought he could have done better for the Leeds goal. Obv it was scummy from Leeds but the Leeds player has cut inside and beaten Axel for speed and has a lot of time to get the shot away

Other then that top performance

Kaglish10

He's better than Lindelof now, nevermind in the future imo. He has all of Lindelof's strengths and none of his weaknesses, apart from dealing with aerial balls. Working with John Terry will have helped in that regard though.
Can he play on the left side?

ROFLUTION

Perhaps a bit harsh but I thought he could have done better for the Leeds goal. Obv it was scummy from Leeds but the Leeds player has cut inside and beaten Axel for speed and has a lot of time to get the shot away

Other then that top performance
Also what I noticed. Looks like he can play the ball out. Would maybe do best with a year or a half more on loan imo. In Premier League preferably, so we can actually measure his real level.

Smores

If we can ship out two of Rojo, Bailey, Jones then bring him in to the team otherwise a premier league loan would be best.

I'd hate for him to sit on our bench whilst we play the above instead.

arthurka

Keep him away from current farts we have at the moment, dont want him to get sick.
Must do that, our current setup is shit he will be turned shit before he could spell his name.
Get him another loan deal and make sure he is ready for the step up.

Moiraine

How tall is he ?

www says he is 1.85. That's a nice height for a central defender, I hope we play him in the center rather than right back if we decide to keep him for next season.

Mickson

I've not watched much of him, would you say he's similar to a Rio or a Vidic?
Definitely a Rio. His weaknesses are Vidic's strengths: heading and being desperate in his defending. I sometimes feel that Axel is too comfortable and not willing to get his socks dity. Also, he should and can work on his heading. Need to get a bit tougher. Other than that I rate him very highly. I think he's the biggest prospect of all our CB:s.

Raw

Definitely a Rio. His weaknesses are Vidic's strengths: heading and being desperate in his defending. I sometimes feel that Axel is too comfortable and not willing to get his socks dity. Also, he should and can work on his heading. Need to get a bit tougher. Other than that I rate him very highly. I think he's the biggest prospect of all our CB:s.
Very promising. I think it's more difficult to find a Rio than it is to find a Vidic.

Mickson

Very promising. I think it's more difficult to find a Rio than it is to find a Vidic.
Yeah probably but then again, not many Vidic types left in the modern football imo which is quite sad. Vidic was ace. I think people are too desperate for "ball playing defenders" nowadays. Vidic was a proper defender, no-nonsense.

Raw

Yeah probably but then again, not many Vidic types left in the modern football imo which is quite sad. Vidic was ace. I think people are too desperate for "ball playing defenders" nowadays. Vidic was a proper defender, no-nonsense.
Very true! But I guess that's just how football is changing, more ball playing defenders and less no nonsense tacklers. Though they're definitely still around, just not that many at the top level.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Jose rated him very highly didn't he?

CM

He looks a prospect and certainly one to keep an eye on. I think he could do a job for us a squad player if we wanted him to but the best thing for his development now would be a Premier League loan, whether that's Villa if they go up or someone else.

He needs experience of playing at this level regularly while we sort our house out in terms of moving players on.

SATA

If we aren't going to buy a new rightback, he should be given a chance there next season. He's comfortable enough on the ball and is pacy. He was immense in that position at Arsenal couple of years ago, Sanchez was at his peak that year and couldn't get a change out of him

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
If we aren't going to buy a new rightback, he should be given a chance there next season. He's comfortable enough on the ball and is pacy. He was immense in that position at Arsenal couple of years ago, Sanchez was at his peak that year and couldn't get a change out of him
And then he was complete trash there on multiple occasions for Villa. Laird, O'Connor, and Williams are all comfortably better rightbacks than him. TFM has put in fantastic displays at RB as well. Axel should play CB and only CB. He is a shit RB and a shit midfielder.

Mickson

And then he was complete trash there on multiple occasions for Villa. Laird, O'Connor, and Williams are all comfortably better rightbacks than him. TFM has put in fantastic displays at RB as well. Axel should play CB and only CB. He is a shit RB and a shit midfielder.
I wouldn't say shit. But I agree with you in general. Also, United should stop playing midfielders in defence, defenders in midfield etc. Play players in their position. Thanks.

ArjenIsM3

Greenwood
Gomes
Garner
Tuanzebe
Laird
Henderson

All good enough IMO.

Exciting times.
Class of 19 :lol:

I'll be happy if two of them become regular first team players for us. I'd say Tuanzebe and Henderson have the best chance of making it, followed by Greenwood and Garner.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Hm.

All potentially good enough. Highly, highly unlikely they all actually are. Would be great if as many as 3 of them are.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
A Villa fan I know has just notified me that Axel got injured after making 5 appearances when he initially joined them, and was sent back to Manchester. He rejoined them at the start of this season.
He was crap under Bruce becaus he was played as a right back with Jedinak played as CB & their right back played winger & their winger sat on the bench. And when Bruce was fired, everyone plays in the right position include Tuanzebe. So no, Bruce shouldn’t be getting credit for it.

Red00012

If we do sign a Centre back during the summer I think it’s best for Axel to go out on loan for one more season and let him continue his development preferably at a PL club.

jeffon

Like the look of this kid, should be in the first team next season. Get rid of Jones and Rojo need to bed the youths in our team.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was crap under Bruce becaus he was played as a right back with Jedinak played as CB & their right back played winger & their winger sat on the bench. And when Bruce was fired, everyone plays in the right position include Tuanzebe. So no, Bruce shouldn’t be getting credit for it.
He ended up at Villa due to Bruce. That's what I alluded to. He joined a team that was in disarray with Bruce under pressure.

The point was, Bruce played a huge part in him joining them.

deafepl

If United is convinced Axel is the future CB of United for decades, it's goodbye to Smalling and Bailly because he can't play as LCB, he's best as RCB where Smalling and Bailly play that role. Lindelof and Jones are capable of playing as LCB even though their preferred position is RCB.

Ole made comments about Greenwood and Garner's playing time, I think they'll get a lot of times next season, to learn and mature so we can see in a couple of seasons we could have Axel, Dean Henderson, Greenwood and Garner in the squad, some of them are possibly the first starter. An exciting time for our academy.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
His key strengths lay elsewhete, but I'd argue Vidic was better on the ball than any of our current CBs bar Lindelof.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
His key strengths lay elsewhete, but I'd argue Vidic was better on the ball than any of our current CBs bar Lindelof.
Easier for a CB to look good on the ball when you have Evra, Scholes, Carrick and Rio around you.

Johan07

He has a worse injury record than Jones almost which is sad. He would have been in our squad this year already otherwise. He should absolutely get a chance next year but he needs to stay injury free now.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Easier for a CB to look good on the ball when you have Evra, Scholes, Carrick and Rio around you.
Really? I'd argue the opposite, they would make you stick out like a sore thumb and the oppo would target you specifically for the press.

That never happened and the reason for it was there was nothing to exploit. He just gets underrated in that department because those around him were the outlet, but he did occasionally play a pass that left you wondering where the feck that came from.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He ended up at Villa due to Bruce. That's what I alluded to. He joined a team that was in disarray with Bruce under pressure.

The point was, Bruce played a huge part in him joining them.
There is no point joining if he’s not used properly. The point is that whether he’s used properly or no. Bruce only played part of him joining because he has connection with United. At the end of the day, Tuanzebe was never his plan to be a regular centre back. Anything but a right back.

Other than that, Bruce did nothing to his development. Bruce was horrible when he played everyone in wrong positions. In fact, I remember reading Villa forum, they weren’t happy with Axel’s performance as a right back.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There is no point joining if he’s not used properly. The point is that whether he’s used properly or no. Bruce only played part of him joining because he has connection with United. At the end of the day, Tuanzebe was never his plan to be a regular centre back. Anything but a right back.

Other than that, Bruce did nothing to his development. Bruce was horrible when he played everyone in wrong positions. In fact, I remember reading Villa forum, they weren’t happy with Axel’s performance as a right back.
The point was he ended up at Villa due to Bruce. That was the point I was making to another poster who asked about Tuanzebe and Henderson.

Bruce gave him game time at fullback. Mourinho did the same when he played him at fullback against Arsenal away. I don't credit Bruce for his development either. I credit the player for having the hunger and desire and the right attitude.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The point was he ended up at Villa due to Bruce. That was the point I was making to another poster who asked about Tuanzebe and Henderson.

Bruce gave him game time at fullback. Mourinho did the same when he played him at fullback against Arsenal away. I don't credit Bruce for his development either. I credit the player for having the hunger and desire and the right attitude.
Again, there is no point giving credit to a person who just signed the player but had a plan to play him in a wrong position.

Status
Not open for further replies.