Axel Tuanzebe image 38

Axel Tuanzebe England flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Awful that the only bright spark from last night I remember is Axel being composed on the left touch line and passing his way out after reading the game well. Hope he gets a good 25 games under his belt this year to see how he progresses. Good luck Axel

kundalini

He made his debut 18 months ago. Since then he has started one competitive match as a central defender, and that was as part of a back three against Swansea in the League Cup. To date, neither Mourinho nor Bruce has shown much willingness to risk him in central defence.

It will be interesting to see how he does if he gets the chance to play as a central defender. I'm somewhat sceptical that he is at PL level currently, otherwise he'd be getting mins in the PL for some team. He has recovery pace and can look composed in possession but there's a lot more to being a central defender at Championship and PL level.

ti vu

They better use him this time, if he does well we might even let them get him again if they get promoted
He got injured. Other than that he was featured for good amount. Now JT is gone he and Axel already had previous experience, can see he would get more game time as CB.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
If he plays 40 games per season which should be probable, then he's coming back as 21 year old with good enough experience to fight for 3rd/4th CB spot, we will probably have one world class CM we buy this summer, then Smalling, Bailly, perhaps Lindelof and offloading injury prone Jones and Rojo in the meantime, could be a good timing for him, with Lindelof not really convincing season, Bailly still being injured here and there and Smalling solid great CB but not the best playign from the back, he should get that chance, especially if we have a new manager and I believe it could be some former player or McKenna.

If he's not ready he could play for Villa who might be back in Premier league at that time already, or other team in the first division for another season and then he would come back as 22 being definitely ready to push for some serious gametime. He could even spend another three years on loan from now and still be very young to have a very long career with us if he comes back, so fingers crossed he stays injury free and get plenty of gametime... he's got it in him to be a top half premier league player and a team who gives him chance like now Villa could have a bargain, if he's considered not good enough or they manage turn his head.

Thanks Brucey btw!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They better use him this time, if he does well we might even let them get him again if they get promoted
We play 3-5-2 tonight. Elphick was at fault for the goal along with Steer.

He will certainly be starting at CB this time which I imagine was a condition of the loan.

R'hllor

He will certainly be starting at CB this time which I imagine was a condition of the loan.
I dont think you can enforce condition like that on a club. Or at least you shouldnt in my book.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He made his debut 18 months ago. Since then he has started one competitive match as a central defender, and that was as part of a back three against Swansea in the League Cup. To date, neither Mourinho nor Bruce has shown much willingness to risk him in central defence.

It will be interesting to see how he does if he gets the chance to play as a central defender. I'm somewhat sceptical that he is at PL level currently, otherwise he'd be getting mins in the PL for some team. He has recovery pace and can look composed in possession but there's a lot more to being a central defender at Championship and PL level.
He’s 20 years old. Can you not remember Fergie doing the same thing with Jones and Smalling? Both of those players played fullback for us.

At the moment I’ll be happy if he just gets games. Get some high level football beneath his belt, and we can go from there.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He’s 20 years old. Can you not remember Fergie doing the same thing with Jones and Smalling? Both of those players played fullback for us.

At the moment I’ll be happy if he just gets games. Get some high level football beneath his belt, and we can go from there.
There is a difference though between playing out of position for your parent club at the highest level and going on loan to a second division side to be played out of position.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I dont think you can enforce condition like that on a club. Or at least you shouldnt in my book.
Why shouldn't you? If you want to let a player develop in a certain position then you are in your right to loan him to a club that agrees to play him in that position. Not sure about enforcing a contractual agreement or whatever but still

ErranMorad

Good move for him. He was unfortunate with his injury last time around; hoping for better luck this time. With Terry gone he should get plenty of opportunities to stat alongside Chester. He is already acclimatized with the club & the squad, and Bruce is a good manager. Now needs to stay fit and hone the abundant talent he possesses. I would put money on him being a regular part of our first team squad within the next three seasons.

Ashley R1+O

Good luck to the young lad! Hopefully he has a good season and works hard on his game.

flappyjay

That's good to hear, hopefully you guys will get promoted this year

ivaldo

There is a difference though between playing out of position for your parent club at the highest level and going on loan to a second division side to be played out of position.
You mean like Peirera? Who clearly returned from Valencia a worse player...

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The conditions are right this time to thrive at Villa.

They've lost an experienced CB and have brought in someone with experience at the club already. He'll surely start a decent amount and it could be perfect if Villa do get promoted this season. Another loan there next year and he'll have loads of experience and it'll include premier league level.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The conditions are right this time to thrive at Villa.

They've lost an experienced CB and have brought in someone with experience at the club already. He'll surely start a decent amount and it could be perfect if Villa do get promoted this season. Another loan there next year and he'll have loads of experience and it'll include premier league level.
Yeah this looks very good loan. They also played 3 at the back, not sure if they play it every game. Should help him to settle also he can work on his passing game too.

ivaldo

And Valencia are clearly a second division team right?

He'd have improved even more if he played it as a CM.
And that's the defining issue why exactly? It's not as if he's gone to Crawley on loan. And Tuanzebe isn't in a position to fight for a starting berth at a top 6 club in Spain, no matter how highly we rate him.

Fergie would disagree. If I remember correctly he actively encouraged players playing in different positions.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Of course you can. It's how all loans are designed to work.

There's nothing wrong with us saying to Villa "We're happy for him to go back if you seen him as one of your centre backs. If you plan to use him as a full back we'll look to place him elsewhere".

It's a reciprocal deal. If only one side gets something it's pointless.

deafepl

On the balls, he looks so decent and a couple of time I saw him breaking through the line in pre-season friendly, hopefully, he could be our CB for the future. Right now, he need experience.

ThemanGiggsy

Really have high hopes for him. That is why i would prefer an older CB like Alderwiereld as that is someone Axel can learn from who wont take too many minutes for any great number of years. He already seems one of the best ball playing CBs we have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hopefully he continues to develop and then gets a shot at United next season

roonster09

Scout
On Villa forum few are criticizing Bruce for playing him as RB.

Red_toad

He looks soo good - he looks like a proper ball playing CB ❤
He is and is also very capable of playing in midfield or covering either full back position. Lad just needs more experience. Should be ready to challenge for a first team position next season if he can stay injury free. Personally rate him very highly, he could become a world class defender, he’s got all the attributes, doesn’t really have a weakness.

tomaldinho1

I wonder if he and Lindeloff would make a decent pairing. The latter has a lot to sharpen up on but I think we're finally starting to a decent player and both would be comfortable on the ball. Seems unlikely but I think they'd complement each other.

Zlatattack

He looks a talent, in a great place learning from John Terry. Maybe next season we should have him on loan in the PL and the season after have him challenging for a place in our team.

El Zoido

He looks a talent, in a great place learning from John Terry. Maybe next season we should have him on loan in the PL and the season after have him challenging for a place in our team.
Just get him in after his loan is done. Never been a fan of sending players all over the place to develop. The best players go straight in.

Zlatattack

Just get him in after his loan is done. Never been a fan of sending players all over the place to develop. The best players go straight in.
I'd like to see that too, but a part of me wonders if he'd benefit more from starting at a club like Burnley or Bournemouth, rather than sitting on our bench all season? I don't trust our manager to give him a regular run of games and make mistakes knowing he's still got a fair chance of playing the next match.

roonster09

Scout
I'd like to see that too, but a part of me wonders if he'd benefit more from starting at a club like Burnley or Bournemouth, rather than sitting on our bench all season? I don't trust our manager to give him a regular run of games and make mistakes knowing he's still got a fair chance of playing the next match.
Problem is every club in the league have too much money, so they might not risk someone else's young player. Young player should be very special for PL clubs to take on loan and play regularly. They would rather spend money and sign a player for long term.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Problem is every club in the league have too much money, so they might not risk someone else's young player. Young player should be very special for PL clubs to take on loan and play regularly. They would rather spend money and sign a player for long term.
Yeah I'd think you'd have to hope on Villa getting promoted and him going back there again if he had any hopes of a loan to a premier league side.

SteveW

Good stuff. I think he can really kick on this season working under John Terry.

Status
Not open for further replies.