Axel Tuanzebe image 38

Axel Tuanzebe England flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBebe

A central defender who can bring the ball out? What are we going to do with him?

The Birmingham Mail gave him a 9 for his performance today. I hope he gets a chance with us next season.

izec

He is improving big time at Villa. We have some successful loans finally with him and Deano, both doing fantastic and both English, i cant believe it.

His runs remind me of Frenkie De Jong when he played at CB last season, only De Jong was more finesse and technique and Tuanzebe has more pace and power, but they are both very risky and bold to do that.

Roboc7

Has to be brought back into the squad, especially as we will in the Europa, along with 2-3 others he should be told he’ll start all cup games next season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Has to be brought back into the squad, especially as we will in the Europa, along with 2-3 others he should be told he’ll start all cup games next season.
He will be a starting CB imo. Probably alongside a new CB.

ArjenIsM3

He looks very good and everyone that follows Villa raves about him. Even their coach said he should be in our squad next season. Look at that video of him vs Leeds. So calm on the ball, quality distribution, pace, power, decent heading ability.. really hope he can perform like that for us because we need someone to calm us down at the back instead of hoofing it.

He will be a starting CB imo. Probably alongside a new CB.
If Villa get promoted, then he should stay there on loan. We are going to buy a new CB who will start, and they are likely to play alongside Lindelof and/ or Smalling. He won’t be starting for Utd, but could get a few games. So better to be on loan in the PL, and then if he does well could compete the year after.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If Villa get promoted, then he should stay there on loan. We are going to buy a new CB who will start, and they are likely to play alongside Lindelof and/ or Smalling. He won’t be starting for Utd, but could get a few games. So better to be on loan in the PL, and then if he does well could compete the year after.
He's better than Lindelof now, nevermind in the future imo. He has all of Lindelof's strengths and none of his weaknesses, apart from dealing with aerial balls. Working with John Terry will have helped in that regard though.

AKDevil

If he’s better than smalling and/or Jones he should be with us. By the end of next season they should both be finished at OT. If they’re not we are in even more trouble than we are now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Why do you think that is? What do you think is the reason?
Axel went to Villa under Steve Bruce so that helped in getting regular game time. With Hendo I'm not sure, but I guess the impression he made at Shrewsbury alerted Sheffield United who had the confidence to play him after seeing his potential.

Sometimes it's better to get regular first team football at a lower level which is better than being a back up at midtable prem teams.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Axel went to Villa under Steve Bruce so that helped in getting regular game time.
Except he didn't get regular game time under Bruce. Bruce refused to even play him at CB opting to play others players out of position over him. He was roundly criticized during Bruce's time because he is a terrible fullback. It wasn't until Bruce was sacked that Axel even became the regular CB and began earning such high reviews.

We've had many successful loans in the past anyway.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Except he didn't get regular game time under Bruce. Bruce refused to even play him at CB opting to play others players out of position over him. He was roundly criticized during Bruce's time because he is a terrible fullback. It wasn't until Bruce was sacked that Axel even became the regular CB and began earning such high reviews.

We've had many successful loans in the past anyway.
The point was he gave him game time which he needed.

We had players like Rossi who imo was a exceptional talent and was wasted on loan in the prem at Newcastle.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The point was he gave him game time which he needed.

We had players like Rossi who imo was a exceptional talent and was wasted on loan in the prem at Newcastle.
And the point was he didn't give him regular game time at all and he was hated by the villa fans.

Rossi's shit loan doesn't making getting the odd game out of position a good loan. His time under Bruce was terrible.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
And the point was he didn't give him regular game time at all and he was hated by the villa fans.

Rossi's shit loan doesn't making getting the odd game out of position a good loan. His time under Bruce was terrible.
I know many Villa fans and they definitely didn't hate him. Maybe you're referencing the minority?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Really like him. Can't see anything he is missing to develop into a top player.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I was convinced when he played for us vs Arsenal.

Frank Grimes

Villa fans think they're going to keep him. Get him back here in the summer and assess if he is part of our plans for next season and if not no harm in another loan, especially if Villa go up.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

A Villa fan I know has just notified me that Axel got injured after making 5 appearances when he initially joined them, and was sent back to Manchester. He rejoined them at the start of this season.

Holocene

Had a look on an Aston Villa FC fansite to see what they're saying about him. All very positive:

I'm so happy he's back. The bloke is just fantastic.
What a class act he is!! His come back came in the precise right time. Like he was never out, or even that he came back even better, even more assured and calm. Did he do everything right today? Can't remember a fault or a bad pass and saved us several times.
He's come back and slotted straight back in, such a quality defender. So confident on the ball, great in the air, quick, reads the game well, strong mentally and physically. Big future ahead of him and hopefully with us.
If we went up we have to bid for him. He will. Be excellent I think in the future.
Just like I said in the Mings thread, Tuanzebe is far, far ahead of Championship football.
Word is OGS wants to keep him next season. Really hope we can sign him if we go up. Quality player.
A lot of them seem to think they'll have a good chance at signing him permanently :lol:

SteveW

Spending a season working with John Terry looks to have brought him on a pile. It's been a fantastic loan.

He should replace Rojo & Bailly in the squad for next season.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Spending a season working with John Terry looks to have brought him on a pile. It's been a fantastic loan.

He should replace Rojo & Bailly in the squad for next season.
If we cant get rid of the dross like Rojo or Damien, then let him stay another year at the Villa.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
If we cant get rid of the dross like Rojo or Damien, then let him stay another year at the Villa.
Obviously that would be ideal, but we really need to just make some bold changes around here. We can't afford to not ship out those players, and having Tuanzebe to step in makes it that much easier to do.

sglowrider

Obviously that would be ideal, but we really need to just make some bold changes around here. We can't afford to not ship out those players, and having Tuanzebe to step in makes it that much easier to do.
The problem is shipping out the dross. We traditionally pay better than most but we have to manage our bottom line too. Even if we gave Sanchez up for a free, who could afford to take him?

Jibbs

A future long term partnership of Tuanzebe & De Ligt is stuff of dreams.

OleGunnar20

I think he'll develop into a better player than Lindelof personally. Would like to see him alongside someone like Skriniar (Assuming the perfect choice De Ligt is out of the question).

Rolls Royce of a centre half.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
The problem is shipping out the dross. We traditionally pay better than most but we have to manage our bottom line too. Even if we gave Sanchez up for a free, who could afford to take him?
Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and say it sucks. It really does and I don't know how long it'll take. It is just stupid beyond belief at this point, and I guess Woodward never will do something crazy like just release a bunch of players and buy out their contracts. He'll get a new manager in before that happens. I wish we did exactly that and started from scratch with youngsters like Tuanzebe and the few quality players we do have and just build from there.

sglowrider

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and say it sucks. It really does and I don't know how long we'll take. It is just stupid beyond belief at this point, and I guess Woodward never will do something crazy like just release a bunch of players and buy out their contracts. He'll get a new manager in before that happens. I wish we did exactly that and started from scratch with youngsters like Tuanzebe and the few quality players we do have and just build from there.
Then you throw in the complexity of managing up & coming players like a Greenwood -- his contract must be coming up soon? 24months?

We are in a precarious inflection point in our club's future at the moment. 40-50million quid less next year. Hopefully we arent in any FFP situation next year. Maybe the Bone Sawers buying us up may not be such a bad idea.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Then you throw in the complexity of managing up & coming players like a Greenwood -- his contract must be coming up soon? 24months?

We are in a precarious inflection point in our club's future at the moment.
Hmm. Certainly he'll be signing that. You can't worry about stuff like that now. But the current state of our club can have a negative impact on the young players in more than one way. I'm not sure Rashford has been managed in the best way, so if that is the case, hopefully we won't make the same mistakes with Greenwood and other youngsters coming through.

sglowrider

Hmm. Certainly he'll be signing that. You can't worry about stuff like that now. But the current state of our club can have a negative impact on the young players in more than one way. I'm not sure Rashford has been managed in the best way, so if that is the case, hopefully we won't make the same mistakes with Greenwood and other youngsters coming through.
We have certainly lost our way in the past five years.

We are still living in the fumes of Fergie's successes and have not yet developed an inferiority complex like the Scousers -- where every player of theirs was world class and even their youth team was superior to any of Fergie's starting 11.

If the Matchday threads are anything to go by and as someone said last night, he has never encountered fans who are as insulting or critical as United's players as we are; we are still in safe non-delusional territory for now.

How long that may last reminds to be seen -- maybe when we hit a decade without winning the league?

Thomas Hunter

He doesnt need another loan. We need to sell Rojo and make Axel play league cup games. Our cbs are prone injury so he can have game time. I think he is mature enough...there are younger center backs who are starters already look at de Ligt

R'hllor

Keep him away from current farts we have at the moment, dont want him to get sick.

sajeev

Love how he takes up the leader's role in the back line. Would be perfect for us , if he can make the step up from the Championship to the Premier League smoothly Which I am think won't be a problem for him as attested to by his performances when he had a few appearances for us

Dan_F

Keep him away from current farts we have at the moment, dont want him to get sick.
Basically this. Maybe a fresh start next season will be okay, but otherwise I’m happy to keep him away from this mess and develop for another year in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.