Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
In a match where he had almost no defending to do, you can forgive a young player for a few lapses in concentration. This is the sort of game where you judge him by what he does right. Against a more difficult opponent, you can start to pinpoint what he does wrong. He'll eventually impove at both ends of the spectrum, of course.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Baring in mind the team we were up against are 3rd in the Kazak league.
Tell that to our attack

But yeh, agreed with you.
I was just commenting his performance, though. That was a great stats.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I liked his performance tonight. Pretty much breezed through the game and looked so much better than Jones. Think he'd look even better if he got 3 or 4 games in a row.

Seen some saying he looks awkward on the ball but i disagree, especially for a CB. They all look mostly awkward on the ball, even Maguire who has a good reputation for carrying the ball. Didn't think Tuanzebe looked any worse if I'm honest.

Denis79

I liked his performance tonight. Pretty much breezed through the game and looked so much better than Jones. Think he'd look even better if he got 3 or 4 games in a row.

Seen some saying he looks awkward on the ball but i disagree, especially for a CB. They all look mostly awkward on the ball, even Maguire who has a good reputation for carrying the ball. Didn't think Tuanzebe looked any worse if I'm honest.
Agree with you, think he carried the ball really well, his passing was a bit poor though.

Devil may care

Solid performance, moves elegantly and is physically imposing, his goal this season should be to displace Lindelof.

mav_9me

It was easy for him but for me it was heard to know if he made it look easy or more likely they didn't trouble him at all.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Perform the best one out of the back four. Calm, strong, although he made a few misplace passes few times but the idea of always looking for forward passes show positive sign.

jackal&hyde

He lost a header that could have been a goal, so he is terrible, bring back Smalling.

He was good. The better of the two CDs out there.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Good athleticism from Axel tonight. Not much to do defensively, one or two errors but he showed he has the tools. Looking forward to seeing more of him, especially alongside Maguire.

DaMan

He lost a header that could have been a goal, so he is terrible, bring back Smalling.

Almost at the same spot as someone against Crystal Palace. I saw that, some of us didn't :)
A little rusty, otherwise he did well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Did very well. Really like the look of him. At the same time let's be patient. Give him time to grow into the first team role.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

We shouldn't have let Smalling go for this exact reason. Besides Lindelof is much older and given he's the starting CB, he's expected to be more complete and refined.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Surprised he is getting so much of plaudits. Defensively he had nothing to do yet he lost some important headers.( I don't even remember if he won any headers). Quite good on the ball and very athletic though. So there is a case for a brilliant defender.
Ofcourse, our own academy product, first game time should be given . So let's see.

He looked very composed. Not sure he is ready to be dropped in the PL yet but he should get all the cup games until Christmas and see how he goes from there.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Surprised he is getting so much of plaudits. Defensively he had nothing to do yet he lost some important headers.( I don't even remember if he won any headers). Quite good on the ball and very athletic though. So there is a case for a brilliant defender.
Ofcourse, our own academy product, first game time should be given . So let's see.
He won most headers than anyone on the pitch.

Name Changed

weso26
I thought he was our best player.

He does get very casual and have a few lapses of concentration though. I saw that at Aston Villa a lot. It's something that he can easily improve and overcome. Learning from Harry Maguire will improve him immensely.

He could play for us for the next 12 years.

jackal&hyde

That's a 67% win ratio and one of the lost ones was inside the box where we could have conceded.

There is nothing wrong with that as there are very, very few defenders in the world that are expected to be almost unbeatable in the air while still being good in all the other aspects of their game. I was making fun of the comments asking for Lindelof to be dropped because he lost a header against a 2m tall Lindegard and asking for Smalling to come back as if having a 90% ratio of won headers is the be all end all of defenders. Axel is good and so is Lindelof.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What a lovely sight to watch this guy

stubie

Nice position to be in where we have 3 top centre halves battling for 2 positions

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Made Europa league team of the week.

poleglass red

Not really a game where you can really critique too much considering the quality of the opposition and the amount of young players getting a start. I like him though, I think his athleticism is a much better fit for Maguire than Lindelof. He'll still make mistakes, they all do, his positional play is a bit off at times, but that will get better and his athleticism gets him out of trouble. I think having 3 genuine first team central defenders fighting for 2 positions is healthy, plus we have Jones and Rojo as further back up.

Smores

We need to make sure we give him enough games to develop and more importantly not want to piss off elsewhere.

It'll be a difficult challenge for Ole as a consistent back 4 is obviously important too.

A-man

We need to make sure we give him enough games to develop and more importantly not want to piss off elsewhere.

It'll be a difficult challenge for Ole as a consistent back 4 is obviously important too.
I think Ole will try to establish today's 4 at the back, while developing Tuanzebe. There is a nice progression with the cup matches. This one and the next are so easy it is almost impossible for him to fail, and then there will be a little more difficult matches against AZ and Partizan but still not PL level. Unless there are injuries or one of the CBs has really poor performances several games in a row, I think Tuanzebe will stick with cup matches for set time.

Alabaster Codify7

Albeit against poor competition, Axel stood out as looking comfortable and composed last night. Lindelöf better buck up his ideas - because if he drops a clanger this weekend, he might find himself benched. Axel is definitely no worse, the only thing keeping Victor in favour right now is experience in the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.