Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smores

I think Ole will try to establish today's 4 at the back, while developing Tuanzebe. There is a nice progression with the cup matches. This one and the next are so easy it is almost impossible for him to fail, and then there will be a little more difficult matches against AZ and Partizan but still not PL level. Unless there are injuries or one of the CBs has really poor performances several games in a row, I think Tuanzebe will stick with cup matches for set time.
That's my worry as i don't think from interviews he sounds like the type who will be happy with cups against shit teams.

We may need to loan him out to a prem team next season.

A-man

That's my worry as i don't think from interviews he sounds like the type who will be happy with cups against shit teams.

We may need to loan him out to a prem team next season.
It's a critical year for him. He is 22, same as Rashford, but Rashford already has 100+ PL games under his belt. It is not an age to sit on the bench. If he doesn't start at last 10 PL games this season he will probably start looking for something else. Both Maguire and Lindelof have just signed long term contracts which indicates that Ole see them as number one. Of course that could change, but right now that seems to be the plan.

Red_toad

It's a critical year for him. He is 22, same as Rashford, but Rashford already has 100+ PL games under his belt. It is not an age to sit on the bench. If he doesn't start at last 10 PL games this season he will probably start looking for something else. Both Maguire and Lindelof have just signed long term contracts which indicates that Ole see them as number one. Of course that could change, but right now that seems to be the plan.
If Linderlof continues to make errors on a regular basis, then he’ll remove himself from the team. Having players step up and take opportunities and earn a start is always a good thing.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
This guy was supposed to start with Mings for Villa. So , the "easing " narrative doesn't suit him. We should have loaned him . Hope he gets enough game time this season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
On my stream of the game, the camera stuck on Tuanzebe as he gave about 4 interviews to different TV stations.

The kid is very intelligent. Very obviously a natural leader.
Was he captain at U23 level? I'd imagine so.

edcunited1878

If Linderlof continues to make errors on a regular basis, then he’ll remove himself from the team. Having players step up and take opportunities and earn a start is always a good thing.
What errors are you speaking of about Lindelof? United need a settled down, first choice CB pairing. It's Lindelof and Maguire. Hands down. If either one gets injured, then it looks like Axel will be asked to step in.

Axel is United through and through. If he's good enough to push and unsettle either Lindelof or Maguire, that's good for him and should be good for the club. But after just a handful of league matches, you're already writing off Lindelof as first choice just days after he signed an extension.

A-man

Lindelof has not made "errors on a regular basis", but instead been part of a defence which only conceded 4 goals in 5 matches. No other PL team has conceded less so far. So even if you dislike Lindelof, I highly doubt Ole will make changes.

Devil may care

Agree, still have to see him against better opposition but I was impressed by him yesterday.
Yeah, bigger tests to come of course but he has always looked like he has the attributes to be a top CB IMO and I thought last night he effortlessly dealt with any threat Astana posed, he carried himself like a senior player.

Red_toad

What errors are you speaking of about Lindelof? United need a settled down, first choice CB pairing. It's Lindelof and Maguire. Hands down. If either one gets injured, then it looks like Axel will be asked to step in.

Axel is United through and through. If he's good enough to push and unsettle either Lindelof or Maguire, that's good for him and should be good for the club. But after just a handful of league matches, you're already writing off Lindelof as first choice just days after he signed an extension.
Writing him off? I’ve never written him off, I want him to perform as good as his disciples on the Caf see him doing so. I’m yet to see any outstanding aspects in his game. He does have the odd very good performance but seems to then revert back to the timid defender afterwards.
Maguire looks a genuine United player after a few game, after a few seasons I’m still waiting for Vic to look like he belongs. If there’s a better player ready to step up then so be it.

Bondi77

Any of the top teams need three quality central defenders and I would say we have that now and all of them are young.
I do not think we have to play Lindelof and Maguire together all the time as I think Axel has better speed than Lindelof so depending on the opposition I think there should be enough familiarity between the three to accommodate rotation; I know they were better players but Rio and Vidic could easily play with Evans or Pique and the understanding was still there as a pairing.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is unabashed in his 'mission' to become United captain and has had a fellow contender dating back to the Under-11s. "It's a personal ambition of mine. I've captained every age group of my Manchester United career. I started from Under-11s... maybe even younger, actually. Under-9s. So to captain one last team would be a great personal achievement for myself.
And he is wearing the armband today.

Bwuk

Surprised but also delighted that he’s captained.

Go on Axel.

Dan_F

Quite shocked about that. Ole must be planning on partnering with Maguire by the end of the season.

Edit. In a good way.

Nickosaur

Good for axel. And I hope it's less about the older players shirking responsibility, and more that axel has really impressed ole with his maturity and confidence. Kid will go far.

Stadjer

I would like to see him play some matches against better opponents in the premier league but im not sure if Arsenal is the best option. His pace could be usefull against them though. Imagine Maguire or Lindelof sprinting against Auba...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Was quality tonight, there was a moment in the first half where a long ball was played down our channel, if it had been any of our other CBs I wouldn't have fancied them to beat the man to it but Axel rinsed him.

Zoo

Not really tested. I agree he’s worthy of a start in the Premier League now. Let’s see how he does.

I would like to see him play some matches against better opponents in the premier league but im not sure if Arsenal is the best option. His pace could be usefull against them though. Imagine Maguire or Lindelof sprinting against Auba...
He's played against Arsenal before in Jose's first season.

RooneyLegend

No real point in not playing him for Lindelof who ultimately, we know isnt good enough.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Let him continue this run of being captain. Everyone likes him and he is a way bigger talent than Lindelof.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Happy to see him do well.
He's decent on the ball and a big unit, has all the attributes needed.
It's great to see a fellow Rochdalian performing well for us.

Renegade

Wouldn’t be against seeing him in the league more often. I never want to see Jones again. I said that 3 years ago though and here we are.

Walters_19_MuFc

I gave him MOTM. We weren't tested that much, but he just makes things look so easy. With Arsenal and someone like Aubameyang's pace, i'd be inclined to play Tuanzebe, but I doubt it'll happen. Good game from the lad tonight, though, and a fantastic achievement captaining the side tonight. Must be over the moon!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Love how composed he is. In the 2nd half he chased down a striker then did a few dummies before spinning away with the ball and getting another attack started.

If that was jones he would have hoofed it into the stands and lost our position. Things like this are small but make such a difference.

Irwin99

Didn't have a lot to do but did it all well when called upon. As I said before, he's by far the most advanced of our young players and obviously that spell at Villa did him a lot of good.

haram

I like Axel a lot. Hopefully Ole doesn't screw this up as well.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The moment he had Jones as rival for main defensive sub, you just knew he'll play and a lot.

The best thing Ole could do was to prevent a loan and keep him and that luckily happened.

Devil may care

Calm, composed and carried himself like a Captain, I'm a big fan, love to see him get a PL start alongside Maguire.

Status
Not open for further replies.