Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

khoazany

He's good enough to be a 3rd CB but he needs more time on the pitch. Unfortunate he got hurt when he did, but he will be needed during the holiday period and I believe he will perform up to the required level. His mistakes today we're uncharacteristic. I'm not worried too much.
Yeah. People here got no chill. Due to injury and game time he hasn't really get into his form yet. I think we need to do something to fire him up, as it seems to comfortable being 3rd choice and the other 2 plays almost every game, and right now he's ahead of Jones and Rojo just based on the basis of academy graduate preference.

Red_toad

Nothing about his first team performances so far have suggested he can handle this level. He was awful today.
What you smokin bro? I thought he was very comfortable in the second half, looked solid and very assured. First half the entire team were poor.

A-man

Same as with Garner. He is not ready to start in the PL, even though half of this forum want him to start every game ahead of Lindelof. He is a good defender but he really needs to work on he's composure on the ball and he's passing.
I think many fans believe he is ready. He got an average rating of 6.1 for the match yesterday. Average rating for Maguire is 5.9, Lindelof 5.5 and Rojo 5.3 over the season. So most people were happy with his performance and think it was better than average Maguire, Lindelof or Rojo. There will be plenty of chances for him in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

Fussmeister

He needs more games and gain experience. We can’t expect him to be a superstar already.

Deawin

What you smokin bro? I thought he was very comfortable in the second half, looked solid and very assured. First half the entire team were poor.
The entire team might have been poor in thet first half, but Axel was having a mare. Love the guy. Was by far the worst ive seen him play.
I think many fans believe he is ready. He got an average rating of 6.1 for the match yesterday. Average rating for Maguire is 5.9, Lindelof 5.5 and Rojo 5.3 over the season. So most people were happy with his performance and think it was better than average Maguire, Lindelof or Rojo. There will be plenty of chances for him in the coming weeks.

In my opinion that just shows how liked he is. If he was anyone else say, Ashley Young or Matic his rating would have been clooser to 3.7. In the first 45 minutes he did not do a thing right.

Think he has a bright future here. But last night was not a good performence .

Hes still young but nothing about him looks ready for the first team right now. He makes incredibly basic errors on a regular basis. A PL team would have punished us in that first half, just like Arsenal did.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Very poor in the first half. Him and Maguire didn't really impress even if they wasted most of the chances they had. His passing was not great.
He is not ahead of Jones and Rojo in my opinion at the moment even if he got great talent.
You are judging him that he should not be ahead of Jones based on first half performance but if you actually watched how he has performed overall this season, he should be ahead of Jones. Jones is terrible and if you want the Sheffield United game to happen again then you are right, he shouldn’t be ahead of Jones. If there is something that the fans are ignoring is that the aim that the club and the manager is trying to achieve.

We are in rebuilding process and playing Tuanzebe ahead of those two will not only be benefit for us in the future but also the player himself can improve and learn something through games time and coaching.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He needs to go on loan.

He's far too young to be sitting on the bench and playing once a month. I still think we made a mistake not letting him have another year with Villa in the premiership, he would be much more ready for first team action by next year in that instance.

Keep Smalling + loan Tuanzebe for a year, then deal with them next year. Perfect.

With Bailly coming back i'd send him on loan this January. Jones/Rojo/Bailly/Lindelof/Maguire is enough numbers.

Bruno8

If Eric and Rojo come back fit he must go back to Villa for the rest of the season to get some game time. They really miss him at CB. Problem is that Ole ranks him as his 3rd best CB and will want him to play if either of Victor or Harry are injured

jackal&hyde

Poor game by him i thought. Those bad passes would have been exploited by better opposition (like Arsenal did). Very talented player and will grow with time. It's great that we can give him the time to make these mistakes in games that are not very important; he will learn from this. Hopefully those that think he should be in the first 11 think again now; he isn't ready for the pressure of consistent first team football in the PL.

jackal&hyde

He needs to go on loan.

He's far too young to be sitting on the bench and playing once a month. I still think we made a mistake not letting him have another year with Villa in the premiership, he would be much more ready for first team action by next year in that instance.

Keep Smalling + loan Tuanzebe for a year, then deal with them next year. Perfect.

With Bailly coming back i'd send him on loan this January. Jones/Rojo/Bailly/Lindelof/Maguire is enough numbers.
Smalling wanted first 11 football and that is not going to happen with Maguire and Lindelof ahead of him; he wasn't satisfied with 20-25 games per season and that is why he decided to leave. He said this himself. Fair play to him but good enough to replace Maguire or Lindelof he is not.

A-man

I'm just joshing with you and your fierce dedication to the 'Ice Man'.
I like both Lindelof and Maguire, but I really want Tuanzebe to be successful. However right now it looks like poor progress. I thought Ole would play him more in the PL, because I doubt these cup matches gives him much experience (compared to a loan and playing every match). If Smalling comes back it will be even less minutes.

DoomSlayer

My main worry with Tuanzebe is that so far I have not seen anything to suggest his apparent ball playing skills. He never takes responsibility when on the ball and his passing is very inconsistent.

Bogga

Wasn't impressed at all from last nights performance... even when under no pressure he gave the ball away :(

romufc

The same performance by Lindelof would have been slaughtered.

His passing was poor, his positional play was poor.

Although, young players will continue to have such performances, he needs more game time before we can judge him.

As things stand he is not ready to take Lindelofs place.

JoaquinJoaquin

Last night was the kind of game I expect him to be really seizing the opportunity in, but he never. Going to have to up his game if he wants to be a starting CB here.

izec

He wont perform well if you throw him in every month for a game. See Fred
Players need time, patience and consistent game time. Lindelöf looked shit even after getting half a season in his first season. People expect defenders/midfielders to come in and perform miraculously when getting a handful of opportunities. That wont happen in 9/10 cases.

Either loan him out or give him consistent game time, the rest is nonsense. Complete mismanagement. We have Jones, Rojo and Bailly for that type of stuff, players we know are happy to sit on the bench and useless, young ones with potential need to be treated differently

If Fred, McTom or Lindelöf didnt get a proper run of games, they wouldnt be what they are today. And Fred and Lindelöf especially were nowhere near good enough to justify keeping them in, but Jose and Ole (Fred) trusted them and they are showing improvement.

Last edited:

DoomSlayer

He wont perform well if you throw him in every month for a game. See Fred
Players need time, patience and consistent game time. Lindelöf looked shit even after getting half a season in his first season. People expect defenders/midfielders to come in and perform miraculously when getting a handful of opportunities. That wont happen in 9/10 cases.
Yeah but people are saying that Tuanzebe is better than Lindelof so he will be judged a bit more harshly now, I think that is fair. He needs to show a lot more to be considered as a first team CB.

Red_toad

Hes still young but nothing about him looks ready for the first team right now. He makes incredibly basic errors on a regular basis. A PL team would have punished us in that first half, just like Arsenal did.
Regular basis? Such as when has he played regular football at United? Like never so how can he make regular basis errors?

Brightonian

Not great in the first half but to be fair to the lad I think that's the first senior run-out he's hand where he hasn't been impressive. And he shaped up much better in the second half.

I feel pretty calm about his prospects. He just has something about him, for me, and has the perfect profile for a modern FB in terms of balancing defensive and aerial solidity and composure on the ball.

Worth noticing that Maguire clearly trusts him on the ball. Despite the handful of slips and near misses yesterday, he kept showing for it even in tight situations and Maguire never had a problem giving it to him, or relying on him to make a tackle. That speaks volumes.

Regular basis? Such as when has he played regular football at United? Like never so how can he make regular basis errors?
He's had 6 meaningful appearances. He cost us 3 points to Arsenal and he was abysmal against AZ. First team players need to be more consistent than that. He looked great coming up and at Villa but hes got a lot to do to make it at this level. Seems to me like its a mental thing as its all unforced errors and lack of concentration.

Red_toad

He's had 6 meaningful appearances. He cost us 3 points to Arsenal and he was abysmal against AZ. First team players need to be more consistent than that. He looked great coming up and at Villa but hes got a lot to do to make it at this level. Seems to me like its a mental thing as its all unforced errors and lack of concentration.
Players need regular game time, in and out of the team and then missing time due to injuries isn’t great for players development.
And cost us 3 points in a 1-1 draw? Seriously :lol:. He was great aside from one misplaced pass he was pretty good playing left back in that game and he’s not a left back at all. Imagine sticking lindelof at leftback, it’d be a disaster.
He was very good second half v AZ and poor in the first in a terrible team performance. You think different you’re judging him very harshly.

Players need regular game time, in and out of the team and then missing time due to injuries isn’t great for players development.
And cost us 3 points in a 1-1 draw? Seriously :lol:. He was great aside from one misplaced pass he was pretty good playing left back in that game and he’s not a left back at all. Imagine sticking lindelof at leftback, it’d be a disaster.
He was very good second half v AZ and poor in the first in a terrible team performance. You think different you’re judging him very harshly.
One misplaced pass that cost us a goal and the win. That's the difference between Villa in the Championship and Man United in the PL.

Every player has a bad day but Tuanzebe just had another 3 games later. He needs to show a lot more.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He needs to go on loan.

Villa didn't want him unless they could get him permanently at the end of it.

Red_toad

One misplaced pass that cost us a goal and the win. That's the difference between Villa in the Championship and Man United in the PL.

Every player has a bad day but Tuanzebe just had another 3 games later. He needs to show a lot more.
A draw isn’t 3 points lost.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Nothing about his first team performances so far have suggested he can handle this level. He was awful today.
There is a constant haste to place every half decent academy player in the first XI on here. There’s nothing at all to suggest he’s a better player than Lindelöf, and I don’t even think Lindelöf is all that. Who knows, maybe one day, but too many people have declared him better based on nothing really.

El-Manos

Was poor last night but has looked equally impressive in other games. Needs game time somewhere else. Still ahead of Jones for me though.

Snafu17

The idea that we need to send him on another loan because he had one shaky game is insane. He was injured for a while, he's pretty much third choice in central defense and he has mostly been fine. You can't expect players they'll just set in instantly and you also can't just throw them straight into our first eleven because they have potential, there's a middle ground ffs.

Chances we'll pop up during the season, just because he didn't took the one last night, doesn't mean this whole season is a waste and we should send him out on loan. Maybe he'll take the next one, maybe he'll need some more time, maybe he'll need a season or two before he firmly establishes himself in the first eleven or maybe he'll never manage to do it and, as long as he's happy and capable to perform as a squad player, that's perfectly fine because we need those too. That's not mismanagement, that's just normal player development.

Give him time and see what happens, don't start panicking because of a slow-ish first third of his first full season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Too many people jump to conclusions after a few games which isn't surprising. He needs a run of games and I'm confident he'll show alot more than what we've seen so far.

Also it wasn't just us fans who believed he had the quality to play in the first team. The Villa manager also advised Ole on Axel's credentials to play in the first team.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Too many people jump to conclusions after a few games which isn't surprising. He needs a run of games and I'm confident he'll show alot more than what we've seen so far.

Also it wasn't just us fans who believed he had the quality to play in the first team. The Villa manager also advised Ole on Axel's credentials to play in the first team.
Yeah he needs more game time. He's looked dodgy and extremely effective at different times which happens when you play games few and far in between.

Lindelof looks like completel wank for ages for example. And I'm still not convinced by him!

pascell

Was he injury prone before or just been unlucky this season?
I was at the game so haven't heard anything, his substitution was because he was injured? Felt it was harsh bringing him off as he covered Maguire well when Colchester attacked, I just thought it's because we wanted to give Matic the full 90 incase of injuries.

LInkash

I was at the game so haven't heard anything, his substitution was because he was injured? Felt it was harsh bringing him off as he covered Maguire well when Colchester attacked, I just thought it's because we wanted to give Matic the full 90 incase of injuries.
He went straight down the tunnel so must have been injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.