Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I hope he goes back to Villa, going to a completely different club now (unless it's someone like Wolves or Leicester) could do a lot of harm to his progression

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
That year awake under the tutelage of Terry has helped him, He looks like a more composed player. It was a very mature display against Perth.

Alabaster Codify7

I reckon he'll do another season at Villa. Let's face it, for all his talk about giving youth a chance, Ole is not going to play Axel ahead of his beloved Jonah or Smalling. They will be the backup pairing to Maguire and Lindelöf. Smalling might even oust Lindelöf should Victor have an iffy period of form. Rojo will blend into the background while earning a big wage for yet another season, ditto for Bailly (although I do have a funny feeling that Eric will end up being the one who leaves).

Next summer, the other one of Rojo/Bailly will leave. If Axel has looked brilliant for Villa, he'll be bought back and Jones will be sold - that's my prediction anyway. Even if he stays this season, Axel will get bare minimum game time ahead of Ole's favourites.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Based on what?

From I watched both played in equal level but Tuanzebe is just more composed & better on the ball which is what we need.

Mings is just more of a leader at the back than him which is understandable since he’s much older. Mings showed more tackles but Tuanzebe showed more composure.

I got Aston Villa fans mate played with me on Sunday league and he loves both of them equally, nothing I heard he said Axel being outplayed. Someone on here also mentioned that in Villa’s forum they rated Axel higher or equal.

Sounds like you are just making this up.
It's obviously subjective but I watched a fair amount of Villa last season and it was clear as day that Mings was performing better. He stopped a lot chances, was generally very imposing and was definitely in charge of organising the back line. In all honesty having someone like Mings next to him probably benefited Tuanzebe and helped him raise his level somewhat.

Allas8

It's obviously subjective but I watched a fair amount of Villa last season and it was clear as day that Mings was performing better. He stopped a lot chances, was generally very imposing and was definitely in charge of organising the back line. In all honesty having someone like Mings next to him probably benefited Tuanzebe and helped him raise his level somewhat.
Can you imagine what its going to be like having Wan-Bissaka next to him, think we might see one of the best defensive partnership develop over here for the next couple of years.

And as a reminder, Tuanzebe has already spent 18 months at loan at Villa, that loan deal is not happening.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ole said he will stay and play this season. Before that he was asked about Maguire and number of CBs we will have.

Beagle

It's good to hear that he might play this season. Heard his name a lot on here over last few years. Given the state of the current CBs, he could stake a claim as the season goes on.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Seems like every pre-season we have one academy center back that gets a flurry of optimism that immediately fades when the season starts.
He's another on that list.

Allas8

Seems like every pre-season we have one academy center back that gets a flurry of optimism that immediately fades when the season starts.
He's another on that list.
This year we have a manager that might play our kids though.

F-A-C-T-S

I'd give Tuanzebe a shot alongside Lindeloff and use the Maguire money on our midfield. A great midfield is more influential than a great defense. Also getting a midfield that creates a lot of chances for our attacking players would result in far more entertaining football than a merely decent midfield with a good defense comprising of Maguire and co.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Howson said Bournemouth might be interested in taking him on loan. I'm not sure how up for that I am. His technical skills would definitely improve, but he's not going to learn much about defending there.

AlexanderClaude

Oh yes, I'm sure Victor plays LCB anyway so why the need to spend 80 mill on another LCB its a bit crazy. We could do with a new CM and a left footed winger.
Lindelof looked best playing RCB when Jones was deployed as the LCB ... if they get Maguire he can return to that position.

izec

People are wrong. We need another CB.

The issue is we need to get rid of Jones, Bailly and Rojo (who are crazy, comical, injury prone and full of mistakes)

Maguire and Tuanzebe are the perfect complements. Lindelöf is too slow, thats where Tuanzebe excels, while Maguire is great on the ball and in the air. (Tuanzebe and Lindelöf are good on the ball, but average in the air).

3KDré

I really wish we get rid of at least half of Smalling, Jones, Rojo and Bailly. Then, if Maguire is bought, we could have Tuanzebe as a direct backup.

M16Red

No his preference is on the right.
That might be his preference, but Smalling has been playing there.

Mata preference is Attack Mid
Martial preference is Striker

Last season he played next to Smalling at LCB and people are putting him (Lindelof) down as the next captain.

Anyway Axel is good player and will hopefully will get a change this season.

Grande

He also said the squad is too big (or will be with incomings), so olayers are in a situation of ‘impress in preseason and stand a chance to be included for the season’. In that context, I take it as Tuanzebe has a chance to stay, he’s done well so far (mainly in training) but so has others. He might yet be loaned out, depending on who’s coming in and how he and other CBs do with the new systems in preseason.

Adamsk7

Got a funny feeling he will be loaned out again, not because he’s not good enough to be the direct backup to Maguire and Lindelof but because I don’t think anyone is buying any of the fatal foursome (Smalling, Jones, Bailly and Rojo). Easier to send a player out to thin the squad.

R'hllor

Disappointed not to see him today. Ole better not mess when it comes to this kid, there are plenty of minutes in upcoming season for Axel. It makes my blood boil by even thinking about them sending him to a loan somewhere. If they decide to buy a CB, he should be 3rd choice easy.

red4ever 79

Disappointed not to see him today. Ole better not mess when it comes to this kid, there are plenty of minutes in upcoming season for Axel. It makes my blood boil by even thinking about them sending him to a loan somewhere. If they decide to buy a CB, he should be 3rd choice easy.
Especially when Ellen got a game. Complete waste of taking up a spot

hocane

Why didn't he play?

It hurts my heart if Jones and Smalling seriously is ahead of him in the picking order. We are just hindering his development. He is at an age where it's vital for him to play week in week out and he won't get that here.

A-man

Why didn't he play?

It hurts my heart if Jones and Smalling seriously is ahead of him in the picking order. We are just hindering his development. He is at an age where it's vital for him to play week in week out and he won't get that here.
I don't think there is any picking order yet. Nobody knows if he is better or worse than Smailling or Jones, as he hasn't really been tested at PL level. But I am also concerned that he might end up to far down in the picking order. He needs to play a lot or else he'd just better go on a loan.

Gavinb33

I'd give Tuanzebe a shot alongside Lindeloff and use the Maguire money on our midfield. A great midfield is more influential than a great defense. Also getting a midfield that creates a lot of chances for our attacking players would result in far more entertaining football than a merely decent midfield with a good defense comprising of Maguire and co.
Liverpool just disproved this massively

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thought he was poor today, couldn't win the ariel balls and gave away some cynical fouls, he still dives in too easily. He'll be a very good player eventually, he's got a lot of the right tools, but it's clear as day he's not quite ready. On another note, I think if he ever does make it into the team it'll be at the expense of Lindelof and not Smalling/potentially Maguire.

Strats

He makes me want to become careful with splashing £80m on Maguire.
I think Tuanzebe and Lindelöf could be an top class partnership in a few years and should be given time to mould together.

Zoo

Ole talked about testing him after the game but to be fair Inter's forwards weren't up to much and one of them was 17. I'd like to see him start against Spurs but I guess other players are needing minutes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.