Current club:
Manchester United
Contract until: 30.06.2022
Contract option: Option for a further year
Date of last contract extension: Jul 5, 2019​

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He looks really good. Very composed, I can see he’s ready to take big part for first team XI selection this season.

PoTMS

It'll be a damn travesty if he isn't starting games for us this season. Should be promoted to 3rd choice centre back if we bring someone in.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Wouldn't be adverse to seeing him start next to Lindelof next season. Although we didn't see it today, he's very good at carrying the ball out from defensive, which we've struggled to do at times. Having a player that can carry the ball beyond the first press will really help our build up from the back.

Thiagoal

He’s so sharp in the tackle- reminds me of Desailly when he was at Chelski

Ace of Spades

He is also very calm under pressure, that is another positive as we can keep possession better.

DoomSlayer

I only wish to see him be more adventurous with his passing to speed up the tempo sometimes, he clearly has it in his locker. Otherwise, I thought Tuanzebe was better than both Jones and Smalling today.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is very quick, his composure is very good, something that's very important for a CB. He should be part of first team this season, good chance he will be first choice before season ends.

Bwuk

Best defender at the club apart from Lindelof.

Completely dominant - Smalling constantly had to resort to grabbing ahold of his opponent.

kiristao

Played well. Very composed. If we don't sign a CB then I expect him to stay or else he will probably go out on loan.

Raven

If we don't get a new CB, I actually think he could be thrown in. I think he could handle it, he's got all the physical tools, his positioning is excellent and he's very technical as well. Him and Lindelof seems like a good balanced pair.

hubbuh

Played well. Very composed. If we don't sign a CB then I expect him to stay or else he will probably go out on loan.
In that scenario I think you're more likely to see Rojo or Bailly leave before you see Tuanzebe go out on loan.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Had the old man round this afternoon and he lives down Brum way. Very highly thought of down at The Villa. Thought he looked very good and composed. Captained every Utd team at all level apart from first team. Woody gets a lot of stick but to be fair, no reason why Axel can't be on the same level as Maguire within a year or two. Ideal Scenario is that we get in a decent older experienced CB and let two from Jones, Smalling and Rojo go

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Agreed. Although he will probably be eased into it with Lindelof and Maguire first choice centre backs.

If our CB options for the season are Maguire, Lindelof, Axel and Smalling I'd be confident our defence will be much much better than last season.
His price is a joke but Maguire really would be a huge help, there's no doubt in my mind he'd be a very good signing.

I'm still a bit undecided with Tuanzebe, I'm torn between two minds. If he stays and wins a place in the first team then that's great, however he may not get the minutes required if he stays, especially (if we're using your hypothetical center backs) considering he'd be at best 4th choice starting the season. Whereas if he were out on loan he'd be playing weekly at Villa in the PL. I'll need to see how he does for the rest of pre-season to make a better judgement.

United Roar

The only youth player from the academy who has a future in the 1st team. I will be furious if he goes out on loan again it will do him more harm than good.

A-man

I'm still a bit undecided with Tuanzebe, I'm torn between two minds. If he stays and wins a place in the first team then that's great, however he may not get the minutes required if he stays, especially (if we're using your hypothetical center backs) considering he'd be at best 4th choice starting the season. Whereas if he were out on loan he'd be playing weekly at Villa in the PL. I'll need to see how he does for the rest of pre-season to make a better judgement.
That is what I am thinking as well. At his age minutes on the field is very important. It's a bit of a risk for him to play for United if all other CBs plus maybe one more top class coming in. Rojo, Jones, Bailly... they all need to play even if they are not considered as starting players.

AltiUn

That is what I am thinking as well. At his age minutes on the field is very important. It's a bit of a risk for him to play for United if all other CBs plus maybe one more top class coming in. Rojo, Jones, Bailly... they all need to play even if they are not considered as starting players.
I'm leaning towards one more season at Villa, personally. Honestly if we get Maguire I'd hope we move two of them on, they're just injury-riddled liabilities at this point, who are just taking up squad spaces.

AltiUn

The only youth player from the academy who has a future in the 1st team. I will be furious if he goes out on loan again it will do him more harm than good.
Only youth player with a future here? You're talking absolute bollocks.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There's no need to send him on loan. We're involved in the Europa league and will have more than enough games for Axel at the very least.

arthurka

Still think we need a top CDM more than a CB. Axel is looking the part to fill up at the back but that cant be said about Matic in midfield.

IrishRick

I like him. But ye are placing a lot of faith on him to be the man right now. He rushed out from the back line today and that will be punished by quicker passing at a higher level. Add that to the awful tackle he put in the first half. They said on MUTV that would be a yellow in the league. I think it bordered on red. No need to do that at all. As I said, I do like him. But he ain't perfect yet and we are building him up for a fall if we have him as a starter this season

SamVimes

I only wish to see him be more adventurous with his passing to speed up the tempo sometimes, he clearly has it in his locker. Otherwise, I thought Tuanzebe was better than both Jones and Smalling today.
That is not a very hard thing to achieve! In all seriousness, it is about time he got his chance. I have a friend who is a Villa fan and he saw a lot of him playing last season and he was very impressed. He is hoping we sign a centre back so that they can take him back on loan, where he will play every week.

Seven Seas Sardines

Still think we need a top CDM more than a CB. Axel is looking the part to fill up at the back but that cant be said about Matic in midfield.
We're pinning our hopes on Tuanzebe, McSauce and Greenwood to take the world by storm this season. Best would be to get Maguire and loan out Axel, however Villa have signed 3 CBs so I doubt going back there will make sense.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He's become ridiculously overrated on here. He was consistently out played by Tyrone Mings last season but somehow he is now our best CB. He did no better than Smalling or Jones today either and was even caught out and put in a terrible tackle. While Jones dealt with more attacks and cut them all out with ease. He's a good talent. He's nowhere near our best CB at the moment.

AltiUn

He's become ridiculously overrated on here. He was consistently out played by Tyrone Mings last season but somehow he is now our best CB. He did no better than Smalling or Jones today either and was even caught out and put in a terrible tackle. While Jones dealt with more attacks and cut them all out with ease. He's a good talent. He's nowhere near our best CB at the moment.
Plus, Perth put very little pressure on any of our CBs today meaning anyone would've looked good there. I think he's got a bright future but I'm not convinced he should be near our first team yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.