Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

Very impressive cameo, dominated his one v ones, reacted quickly to danger and was smooth and composed on the ball, looked the best of the CB's used.

Adamsk7

To me, he’s the best defender currently at the club. I’d like to see him given a chance with Maguire. He’s more aggressive in the tackle, faster and just as composed as Lindelof. I’m happy for them to fight it out for who plays next to Maguire.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Today in particular he was much better than Lindelof
One played 90 mins against AC Milan's first 11 and one played 30 mins against Maldini's 17 year old son but yeah thats the same thing.

He looked great, as he has done all pre-season.

DoomSlayer

I'm happy for Tuanzebe to compete with Lindelof but people should not use him to needlessly shit on Victor.

The guy has great potential, I'd fully support him being in front of Jones, Rojo, Bailly and Smalling in the pecking order.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We’ve only gone ahead and spent 80m to keep this guy out of our team :lol:

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
He compliments Harry very well. Alex is not the greatest in the air, Harry’s a monster in the air. Harry is a wee bit on the slow side, Alex is extremely fast.

I find Lindelof to be a bit overrated so it wouldn’t surprise me if we a few weeks into the season have an all english defence.

Kostov

If this kid gets a fair crack at first team opportunities then Lindelof should be worried about his place alongside Maguire. Great cameo today.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
In theory he should be Maguire's best partner but the big question is whether he's ready yet. He might need one more year of regular starts in the top league to really reach the level needed, and the problem is that we may not give him enough chances to do so.

Mickson

Got laughed at here when I said he's better than Lindelof. He has everything that Lindelof has, though he's faster and has superior physique overall. Soon you all will see what I'm talking about. (Nothing against Lindelof). Should be first choice with Maguire, because I think his pace will be vital and also vital in our high pressing game.

IrishRedDevil

Tuanzebe to partner Maguire, with Lindelof as the defensive midfielder. Thoughts?

Anything to get Matic our of the team.

redzombie

should be directly behind Lindelof & Maguire in the pecking order, Smalling & Jones have had more than enough chances, there's no point having an academy if we're not going to use it. He's ready now and doesnt need another loan.

Onerealunited

He should really be one of the top four CBs in the team this year. I will be so upset if he is loaned out again. He deserves a real chance in the team

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's played a lot on this tour, I think he'll get loads of chances this season. I'm still not convinced he's ready but as others have mentioned, on paper he looks like he'd complement Maguire very well. I suppose the only way we'll really know if he's ready or not is by giving him the opportunity to prove himself.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We’ve only gone ahead and spent 80m to keep this guy out of our team :lol:
Yeah we shouldn't have spent any money at CB. No need at all.

Trust this place to turn positives into negatives. fecking hell.

Adamsk7

I do think he’s our best option next to Maguire but I think we have the luxury now of being cautious. Maguire Lindelof is certainly good enough on paper so I think we’ll do well having Tuanzebe as third choice and bed him in for cup games and probably 10 or so Premiership starts. He’s looked great in Preseason and last year for Villa but the league is a different ball game.

Shame Smalling seems to be the one isolated out because I’d say he would fill the last space in my main four with Jones as backup. I’d sell Rojo and Bailly.

jesperjaap

If we’re talking simply about attributes and forgetting experience for a second, then Maguire - Tuanzebe would be the most balanced partnership we could have at CB (assuming we sign the former).
Here here, totally agree on this.

Is gifted but we dont yet know if he is able to make the step up to be a first choice premier centre back....but indivually I think he has more ability than any of our other current centre backs and as a partner for Maguire stylistically I actually think he is the best and Lindelof and Smalling are the worst, even though they are our current best centre backs individually.

Concern is where he will get the opportunities as I believe he can make Maguires sidekick his own during the season if he gets the chance

crackers0seven

Definitely keep him as 3rd/2nd choice with harry as number 1. Will only benefit us getting him minutes instead of wasting minutes on likes of rojo Jones smalling and too lesser extent bailly. Jones as about to pass his 16th transfer window as utd player:houllier:

Hawks2008

Deserves a place in the squad but let's not get ahead of ourselves, he isn't displacing Lindelof yet. Should be easily 3rd/4th choice ahead of our other wasters.

SaintMuppet

Like a few others I’m wondering if this guys skillset might replace let’s say a Matic....

hocane

Highly disagree.

Lindelof should be backup to Axel not the other way around.
We can't have 2 slow centre backs playing together in Premier League, it's suicide. We need Axel's pace.

Fracture90

I fully agree with posters saying he's more of a natural fit next to Maguire. He's got the quickness and athleticism yet he's equally as good of a passer as Lindelof and he's extremely calm on the ball.

khoazany

Don't really care what we'll do with the rest of the senior CBs, we must not loan him out. I'd have Maguire, Lindelof, him, and 2 of Smalling/Jones/Bailly as options.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Looks like he's going to handle himself well this year.

I'm not convinced Ole sees the older two as his main men this season, and it's evident Axel has ball playing ability.

I hope he gets at least 20 starts in all comps, because it would be an injustice to keep him around unless we're going to utilise him.

For me, he looked good under the moaning one and whilst I was disappointed he went on loan twice...he's come back as a genuine contender.

Happy with any two of Axel, Maguire and Lindelof. Sick of the sight of the others.

Robertd0803

it wouldn’t surprise me if we a few weeks into the season have an all english defence.
Wouldnt be surprised either. Just as long as its Maguire and Axel.

I do think he’s our best option next to Maguire but I think we have the luxury now of being cautious. Maguire Lindelof is certainly good enough on paper so I think we’ll do well having Tuanzebe as third choice and bed him in for cup games and probably 10 or so Premiership starts. He’s looked great in Preseason and last year for Villa but the league is a different ball game.

Shame Smalling seems to be the one isolated out because I’d say he would fill the last space in my main four with Jones as backup. I’d sell Rojo and Bailly.
Yeah while I dont hate Smalling as much as some, he definitley should be 4th choice from now.

I hope we keep Axel and he doesnt go on loan again.

Status
Not open for further replies.