Player Agent: Unique Sports Management
Squad Number: #38
Contract until: 30.06.2022
Contract option: Option for a further year
Date of last contract extension: Jul 5, 2019​

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Huge year for him. Needs to show something or I can’t see him being here beyond next summer, even if it just a loan departure. Ole has great faith in him though, and I’m sure he will be given every chance.

Jibbs

Good for a 2nd or 3rd choice CB... nothing more than that. He needs to be moved this year or next.

Mickson

Good for a 2nd or 3rd choice CB... nothing more than that. He needs to be moved this year or next.
He's good for a 2nd CB, then in the next sentence he needs to move on? Well, what he needs is to stay fit. If he stays fit, he has a future with United. No doubt. Ole likes him, he has pace, strength, and is good with the ball. As Rozay said, he will be given every chance.

Jibbs

He's good for a 2nd CB, then in the next sentence he needs to move on? Well, what he needs is to stay fit. If he stays fit, he has a future with United. No doubt. Ole likes him, he has pace, strength, and is good with the ball. As Rozay said, he will be given every chance.
He should be given a chance next year. But if a good swap deal arise this year, he needs to be moved on.

Zoo

Big season for him. Hope his body holds up

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Likely to be the decider season if we can stick with him or him being injured again.

RUCK4444

He should be given a chance next year. But if a good swap deal arise this year, he needs to be moved on.
Have you seen him play and really don’t rate that much at all?

I think he has every attribute to be a great CB for us, or even an option at CDM but time will tell.

IF he stays fit and progresses I would bet money on him securing Lindelof’s place next to Maguire.

Dve

Tuanzebe was beaten only my James in a sprint test in May and could really be the ideal partner for Maguire. He was given more and more game time and looked just about to kick Lindeløf out of the starting 11 when he got injured last fall. Such a shame, really.

Jibbs

I think he has every attribute to be a great CB for us, or even an option at CDM but time will tell.

IF he stays fit and progresses I would bet money on him securing Lindelof’s place next to Maguire.
He is okish. Mid table quality. I'd say Lindelof is his ceiling.

Bwuk

Needs to stay fit and have a good season or this will be his last.

A-man

Turns 23 this year and must start playing matches if he’s going to develop. He had a great opportunity last season when he was third choice and I think the plan was to play him in the cups and some PL games for rotation, but then came all the injuries. It’s really worrying that he has had so many injuries without playing matches. From the little we’ve seen there is imo nothing that indicating anything, neither great talent, nor no talent. But the coaches who see him every day obviously believe in him, so hopefully he’ll turn good.

His problem is to get matches to develop himself. Even if fit, he’ll compete with Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, maybe Smalling, Jones and maybe a new CB. More or less all of them are on a higher level than him.On the other hand Ole seems to like him.

GledTheRed

Is this guy taking the piss? Makes Phil Jones look like a fitness fanatic, must have racked up about 10 appearances for us.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Have you seen him play and really thought this was a very top level centre half?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He is okish. Mid table quality. I'd say Lindelof is his ceiling.
This is my view.

In fact, he may actually go on to show more than this, because you know, ‘only God knows’ and all that - but he hasn’t so far. He’s not been Upamecano when fit, but just affected by injuries. I think the player many fans see in their head is what they simply want him to be, not what they’ve seen on an actual pitch.

RUCK4444

Have you seen him play and really thought this was a very top level centre half?
I have indeed, on tv and in person, he’s rough around the edges but ticks a lot of boxes in what where looking for in a Maguire partner.

I definitely want to see what he can offer before moving him on for another youngster with the same attributes

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I have indeed, on tv and in person, he’s rough around the edges but ticks a lot of boxes in what where looking for in a Maguire partner.

I definitely want to see what he can offer before moving him on for another youngster with the same attributes
Fair enough. I recall his games at centre half, as few as they have been for us, as being unspectacular. And not the most amazing at Villa, although good. But there is a good villa player and a good United player is all. I’m not saying that Axel can’t show that he can make that step between the two, I’m saying that he is yet to show that he can. I think fans have filled in a lot of blanks for themselves based on good intentions. He has to actually walk the walk, and he’s yet to do it.

MUrphFC

Axel Tuanzebe has fully recovered from his foot injury and has not suffered any setbacks. Tuanzebe is confident about his playing prospects at United and a source close to the player says "he feels brand new" #mulive [men]

Stretender

Axel Tuanzebe has fully recovered from his foot injury and has not suffered any setbacks. Tuanzebe is confident about his playing prospects at United and a source close to the player says "he feels brand new" #mulive [men]
Unfortunately he has missed a lot of football this lad. If he is fit, this is not the season we will see the best of him. May be next season. He reminds me of Jack Wilshere, Fosu Mensah and similar injury prone players. I hope he is not one of them. Either way he is not someone we should be relying on now. He is another version of Phil Jones, Dalot and Rojo. Never fit. Promote Mengi and buy a new centre back.

Relfy

He could almost go straight into the team considering the shit show those ahead of him have served up so far

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It's easy to think the position is there for him if he can stay fit, but the reality is he's still untested. Don't get me wrong, I hope he stays fit and I hope he makes that position his own, but we still don't know. Fingers crossed he avoids an injury ravaged season this time around.

Sb_16

Really hope Axel, Mengi and Laird remain fit and stake their claim this season.

Chairman Steve

I think OGS really likes him and wants to see if he can handle being a regular fixture in the XI, and him and Mengi are the reason why we haven’t really made a move for a centre-back this summer.

I remember one of the first things Jose did when he joined in 2016, was single Tuanzebe out for praise as the player in the academy who was closest to play in the first team.

Pace Abuser

I am desperate to see him succeed. I think he has it all and would be gutted to see him sink because of injuries.

Come on, Axel.

I think OGS really likes him and wants to see if he can handle being a regular fixture in the XI, and him and Mengi are the reason why we haven’t really made a move for a centre-back this summer.

I remember one of the first things Jose did when he joined in 2016, was single Tuanzebe out for praise as the player in the academy who was closest to play in the first team.
I think he was set to partner Maguire last season before the injuries.

Is he good enough? Don’t know until we give him a go. We do however need to settle on a partnership quite quickly. Swapping around defenders every match isint going to help our fragile back line.

0le

Really good news that he has recovered and fully fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.