Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

HowYouDoin

If Maguire played this game instead of Tuanzebe we would have conceded 4.
And we all know it. This wasnt a game for a defender with no pace.
Tuanzebe what a performance. We do have a pretty good CB after all eh.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Fantastic performance. Having a pacy centre back as a partner is bound to help Maguire too. Still, he's a relatively inexperienced centre back in a somewhat unsettled back line so it'd be best to temper expectations.

Rather exciting to see how Telles and Tuanzebe fare and hopefully they can force their ways into the first team. The defense could definitely use some sprucing up.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Genuinely unbelievable performance. Plays his first match in UCL. Comes back after ten months of injury. Absolutely bosses Mbappe and Neymar. Ridiculous.

mu4c_20le

He actually looked really good last season against Arsenal, until he made a mistake and gifted them two points. The potential is still there, if he can overcome the injuries.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Absolutely brilliant. The way he tossed Mbappe aside like 3 times was hilarious. Dominant performance. What a change to have that recovery pace at the back to be able to push up a bit too. Please stay fit.

kiristao

Was brilliant. Never panicked. Great pace. Let's hope he stays injury free and gets a few games this season.

tomaldinho1

Impressive from him. I know everyone rates him and has done for a while but nice to see him holding his own in the CL after such a long time out.

Ekeke

He actually looked really good last season against Arsenal, until he made a mistake and gifted them two points. The potential is still there, if he can overcome the injuries.
I agree with this. I was very impressed with him covering at left back and with his passes despite being right footed on that side. And then he made that error leading to the goal which ruined the performance

Adamsk7

Please stay fit. That side when AWB is playing like he did tonight is pretty fantastic defensively.

Wayne's World

He's been out for 10 months and put in a performance like this.

Van Dijk type performance tonight and long may it continue and he stays fit

Paul_Scholes18

I have been critical off him, but fair play to a really good performance. Think 3 man defense suits him too.

bdecuc

So many times you'd see Tuanzebe one on one up against a forward in the youths and reserves and you'd know the poor striker would come out second best. Pace, timing, composure. It was almost impossible to get past him. And you wondered whether he'd be able to do it against the best in the world. Proved tonight he can.

admrf

I did not watch him during his Villa spell but his composure and strength were so good in this game - saw these glimples as well before and hopefully he can get more minutes as well, also curious how he can play in 2 central defenders tactic.

Very good performance, repeatedly going 1v1 on pace like that was perfect for him. Now needs to stay fit and string a few of those games together.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That tackle in the first half on Mbappe(?) was hilariously nonchalant

He looked like the coolest fecker on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.