Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
If Maguire played this game instead of Tuanzebe we would have conceded 4.
And we all know it. This wasnt a game for a defender with no pace.
Tuanzebe what a performance. We do have a pretty good CB after all eh.
Hmm interesting, what if I say he would have played instead of Lindelof who is very similar in that regard? Ole got it spot on tonight though with Harry out. Let's pray Axel stays fit, could be a good partner to any of our CBs.

Faetheshire86

To come back like that after so long out, is simply fantastic.

The club need to find a way to keep him fit. He deserves an injury free season to build on this.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Great to see the injuries haven’t effected his speed. I’ve never seen somebody keep up with mbappe so well! Unreal speed.

lysglimt

Scout
I would love to see him, Lindelof and Maguire in 3-5-2 ... with Telles corners

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
A world class centre half. You can keep your Upmecano, this lad is the real deal.

Drz

Brilliant tonight. Hope he keeps working hard and never loses that calm composure of his.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Wonderful performance from an inexperienced lad, to do it against one of the best in Europe when called upon. He's earned more starts from what I saw tonight.

Untd55

Arguably, should play in the next game with that performance. Keep the same formation against Chelsea and keep him in the team with Shaw as LCB. Then choose between Lindelof and Maguire, but Lindelof was very good today.

Tuanzebe and Shaw have the pace to cover for one of them.

Mbappe couldn't get the best of him.

Dan_F

Unbelievably good. The pace he has makes such a big difference to the back line.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I argued for two years on this forum telling people that he was the real deal. Several posters argued back and forth with me and I always maintained that Axel was the one Mourinho should've developed instead of spending £30m on Lindelof. Axel is the most talented CB we've had since Rio IMO. Injuries are a concern though and that is something that he will have to overcome if he wants to fulfil his huge potential.

Maguire getting injured was a blessing in disguise because Axel is a much much better defender against express paced forwards like Mbappe.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Wow!

Out for nearly a year and against arguably the best 3 forwards in football. That really was an 80 Million pound performance. That pace he possesses saved United on a number of occasions tonight. I hope he gets games from that performance. To be fair, Ole did say he thinks there's a player in him.

ash_86

Very happy for him. The most natural of our set of defenders he is. Made defending look so easy and that's a trademark of a good defender.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
All things considered, that was a top level display. He's basically the new Paul McGrath, right down to his suspect knees.

Please stay fit.

Red Royal

Wow... I am a fan. Need to pick and choose his games carefully so that he stays fit but looks like the best CB at our club.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I argued for two years on this forum telling people that he was the real deal. Several posters argued back and forth with me and I always maintained that Axel was the one Mourinho should've developed instead of spending £30m on Lindelof. Axel is the most talented CB we've had since Rio IMO. Injuries are a concern though and that is something that he will have to overcome if he wants to fulfil his huge potential.

Maguire getting injured was a blessing in disguise because Axel is a much much better defender against express paced forwards like Mbappe.
Lindelof and Maguire would have definitely struggled against that pace.

To be fair, United fielded a solid team to counter PSG. He was well shielded by Fred, McT and playing 5 at the back was also a massive help. I thought Shaw and Bissaka were also Superb.

OhGee

I would love to see him, Lindelof and Maguire in 3-5-2 ... with Telles corners
Really? Shaw was fantastic at LCB where he was busy scooping up droppings after PSGs front 3 made a mess of Lindelof...

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Having a defender with pace makes a lot of difference. Both Lindelof and Maguire will benefit from Tuanzebe if he can stay fit.

stu_1992

Absolutely mega performance from him tonight. First game in months, probably the biggest he's played in and yet he puts in his best performance in our shirt. If he's for enough he needs to keep his place after that game. He deserves it. I suppose the only question mark is around whether he would be as effective in a back 4 instead of a 5? But we'll surely find out. Needs to keep for so we can find out what he's made of.

Jaxa

I think Ole will play it safe on Sat and start Maguire and Lindelof but i really would love to see this guy start, not sure who you drop though in place of him, cracking performance after such a longtime out, so happy for him, It would be a tragedy if this guy can't overcome his injuries and play football at the highest of levels.

The United

He looks good. But, it is just one game. One thing I want us to improve with our defense is the aerial dominance. We need one more CB with that. As good as Axel, I feel he is still not that great in the air missing a few jumps and headers at times.

RORY65

He was brilliant tonight, especially when you think of how long he has been missing. Having a defender like him who has pace but is also incredibly cool will help mask some of the failings of our other centre backs and allow their strengths (presumably Maguire's) to be accentuated, if he can stay fit then he should be a fixture in the team

sport2793

He was absolutely fantastic tonight. I think if he stays healthy, he has made that right side of central defence his own. I don't think he will have to go up against a better duo the rest of the season than the one he faced today, just saying.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Lindelof and Maguire would have definitely struggled against that pace.

To be fair, United fielded a solid team to counter PSG. He was well shielded by Fred, McT and playing 5 at the back was also a massive help. I thought Shaw and Bissaka were also Superb.
Tbh with you there was several occassions in the game that he was in a straight race with Mbappe in isolation without any help and he had to win the duel and he did.

Wan Bissaka for me once again provided nothing going forward as far as linking the play with midfield and being a threat on the ball. But he made a number of tackles which helped in the context of the game but when your wide receiver is as limited as him on the ball then it will eventually catch up with you.

I completely agree Shaw had a game though along with Lindelof.

Paul_Scholes18

Don't know why you were critical bro, he hasn't played in a year! :lol:
I was critical one year ago with cup performances and also against Arsenal I think (although he played as a left back vs Arsenal if I remember so not his role).
I had no idea how he would be like today though. Nice to see a good performance vs the second best team in the world.
If he could make himself an option it look much brighter for us. Just avoid injuries so he could play games.

RedTiger

Half mast
I was critical one year ago with cup performances and also against Arsenal I think (although he played as a left back vs Arsenal if I remember so not his role).
I had no idea how he would be like today though. Nice to see a good performance vs the second best team in the world.
Mate, our squad is looking so nice now! We've gone from despair 3 years ago to actually having competent depth now.

Status
Not open for further replies.