Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classical Mechanic

He’s been captain throughout the youth teams he’s played in right? Defo speaks with the swagger and authority of one. Man said “we showed them their respects, but ultimately we’re the bigger team and we want to dominate and take the 3 points”

badman.
He was slated as a future club captain. He's captained United and England youth teams.

The Purley King

I had no idea he was so fast.
Watching him keep pace with Mbappe was unreal, I’ve never seen anyone do that before.

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
I said this in the Upamecano thread over the summer and was shot down, this boy is special. I get the point on his fitness but I can’t think of a moment when he’s played and let us down.

Don’t want to get carried away but to repeat a lot of the points that have been mentioned already... he was out for 10 months and shone against one of the best front lines in the world! A monster of a performance from him, couldn’t be happier.

Ekeke

Some light at the end of the tunnel after the decision to let Smalling go and not signing a new CB. Obviously he needs to do it on a weekly basis, but that was a great start and a performance showing extreme physical abilities and some cool composure too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

He’s been captain throughout the youth teams he’s played in right? Defo speaks with the swagger and authority of one. Man said “we showed them their respects, but ultimately we’re the bigger team and we want to dominate and take the 3 points”

badman.
:drool: what an attitude, we might actually start becoming a proper team with people like him and Bruno. I like that they're not all "oh it'll be tough and we will try our best" mentality is important and often if you believe you're the best you'll eventually get there if you work hard enough.

They've obviously done a lot of training to get him into top shape but I was shocked that he managed to keep up with Mbappe on full flow after all that time.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

badman.
Everything about this interview is class

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
String of games for this fella and we’re off. Really impressive performance from so many players last night, just need to keep it going

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Hype around him has always been massive and it's clear why (I think even Jose once said that when he got to the club and on his first time of watching Axel, he knew he'd be a star within 10 minutes or something along those lines). Hopefully he can remain injury free and cement his spot for us.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Axel Tuanzebe’s gonna bring Neymar to his sha-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-knees, but with a fair tackle, and then he’s gonna watch him scream.

humdinger

Literally the best performance from any of centre backs so far this season. Absolutely astonishing. Delighted for him, really hope he can build on this and stay injury free because he can be in our starting 11 within weeks and England’s before the end of the season.

We have some very tricky fixtures coming up though so I wouldn’t be surprised if Solskjaer drops him for experience but he really warrants his place in the next match.

crossy1686

career ending
Can we dismiss this notion that he's injury-prone?

He's had a couple of big injuries, one was a broken metatarsal while at Villa, and the other for us was a hip injury. We still don't know what's kept him out for the last 10 months yet.

Injury-prone would be a reoccurring injury in the same muscle or joint, like Ledly Kings knee's, or Dembele's hamstring. Tuanzebe has just been very unlucky with some big injuries in totally different areas. There's no suggestion he's injury-prone at this stage.

saivet

Hmmm wonder if Cavani knew that Ole was going to start Axel and wanted to offer him some advice on how to deal with that PSG front three, well looks like it worked an absolute treat so nice work Edinson for that

Does he speak French?

fezzerUTD

Great performance, no idea why he got that yellow card but class to not have played since December and handle Mbappe like that.

AgentP

His pace and defensive awareness is exactly what we need right now. He'll be the perfect partner for Maguire if he can stay fit.

Adam-Utd

Am I right in saying Mengi is considered atleast as quick as him too?
hard to tell without seeing them together but i'd say Mengi would be very close yes.

Would be fun to see a race in our team across 100 / 200m that's for sure!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can we dismiss this notion that he's injury-prone?

He's had a couple of big injuries, one was a broken metatarsal while at Villa, and the other for us was a hip injury. We still don't know what's kept him out for the last 10 months yet.

Injury-prone would be a reoccurring injury in the same muscle or joint, like Ledly Kings knee's, or Dembele's hamstring. Tuanzebe has just been very unlucky with some big injuries in totally different areas. There's no suggestion he's injury-prone at this stage.
Last season he was out with a hamstring problem for 70 days and I think a re-occurance for a further 60 days. I would love him to be over this, but we all know hamstring issues can in some cases be re-occurring.

Castia

What a brilliant return! This could be like a new signings having not played for almost a year.

I hope he’s fit to start against Chelsea

SplitzMagic

His pace and defensive awareness is exactly what we need right now. He'll be the perfect partner for Maguire if he can stay fit.
I'd go as far as partner him up with lindelof again. Lindelof did extremely well yesterday against the best forwards we'll probably play against this season.

I reckon maguire would have been turned inside out by Mbappe X Neymar multiple times last night whereas Lindelof actually played with great tactical awareness and he seemed like the kind of player in that game that we'd then be linked to tomorrow.

There's something about the European games though that make some of our under performers play blinders. Bit like at the world cup when you get random strikers scoring 6 goals in 2 games and then end up with a 100m price tag.

Ah I'm waffling on now but yeah, great game yesterday and super performance from Dr Zebe.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Being lightning quick is not enough against Mbappe. You have to be fully focused and strong on the run.

Thrilled for him, kind of game that builds confidence.

From all positions, I think centerback is the least useful to use stats. They can't capture positioning, marking, intimidation, and communication which are super important on defence.
Good point. You can only use it to compare CBs in one game really. You can take the ball away from Messi 5 times, but if that's only 30% of duels won then you still have a problem. Beside, I think in best functioning team midfielders should make most of the job.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He grew up in Rochdale, unless they speak French in the home I doubt he does.
Had a Congolese friend that's born and raised in London and spoke fluent French, very common in Congolese households apparently. Also Tuanzebe was born in Congo.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It's mad, given his relative inexperience, but we're basically praying Axel can stay fit because of the transformative impact he could have on our team. This isn't meant as a sleight, but Maguire and Lindelof just aren't capable of giving us the same in terms of recovery pace. He would give us the option to get further up the pitch and really squeeze matches.

A-man

I had no idea he was so fast.
Watching him keep pace with Mbappe was unreal, I’ve never seen anyone do that before.
He is fast, but also reacted/anticipated the runs well and started sprinting early which gave him some meters on Mbappe. Bailly is also fast but doesn't anticipate runs very well.

A-man

I'd go as far as partner him up with lindelof again. Lindelof did extremely well yesterday against the best forwards we'll probably play against this season.

I reckon maguire would have been turned inside out by Mbappe X Neymar multiple times last night whereas Lindelof actually played with great tactical awareness and he seemed like the kind of player in that game that we'd then be linked to tomorrow.

There's something about the European games though that make some of our under performers play blinders. Bit like at the world cup when you get random strikers scoring 6 goals in 2 games and then end up with a 100m price tag.

Ah I'm waffling on now but yeah, great game yesterday and super performance from Dr Zebe.
I don't know if it was me imagining things or not, but I though there was much better passing speed with Tuanzebe and Lindelof. Maguire takes long time with the ball.

Adam-Utd

Had a Congolese friend that's born and raised in London and spoke fluent French, very common in Congolese households apparently. Also Tuanzebe was born in Congo.
he was chatting away quite happily to Cavani in that video also - I don't think Cavani speaks english so they were probably talking in french.

Josh 76

If that was Upamercano last night.
This place would have erupted.

SplitzMagic

I don't know if it was me imagining things or not, but I though there was much better passing speed with Tuanzebe and Lindelof. Maguire takes long time with the ball.
1000% Maguire makes things too slow. I know we needed someone who can be calm in defence but sometimes it's as if he has actually been taking Kalms tablets before the game.

Definitely want to see more of this Linders & Zebe duo. Just because he cost 80m it seems Maguire has been given a free pass for too long. But don't get me wrong, he's a great defender at times but it's the consistency.

We are too busy saying we need a face cb for maguire and it's a bit disrespectful to lindelof. I think we actually need a face cb for lindelof because hes just much more mobile and comes across as a cdm in defence at times.

We'll see over time what the best pairing will be but so far I'm liking this duo.

jamesjimmybyrondean

This has to be said and I hope Ole notices this too. It happens with Matic and Pogba who both hold the ball for too long too. Maguire Matic and Pogba are all a big part of us transitionin from defense to attack and they all dwell on the ball too long making our attacks slow. I think these three are the main culprit why we play lethargic at times

El Zoido

It’s just about his fitness, quality has never been in doubt. Many United fans surprised at his performance last night? Not any I know. Can he stay fit though? His injury history is a mixed bag, pulled hamstring, hip injury, metatarsal. It’s probably better than an reoccurring issue, and he’s only 22 so fingers crossed..

Chicharito_

Heart in mouth when Mbappe tried to run him down the line, it was a big test to see if he still had that lightning pace I used to watch in the Youth team and amazingly, despite all the injuries, he might have even got quicker!

Status
Not open for further replies.