Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I seriously like the calmness he brought in to that right side when defending. :nervous: With AWB, it's just too much drama.

Although almost none, attacking wise. Understandably. Unfortunately.

youngrell

Some good, some bad but mostly reliable. He’s got a serious lack of minutes in the last couple of years, he needs a long stint of fitness now to develop into his obvious potential.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Looks very solid every time but always a bit out of rhythm. No wonder there. Think the injuries might mean he ends up peaking a lot later. Would decent game time this season and a full season on loan next year help him get there?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Looks very solid every time but always a bit out of rhythm. No wonder there. Think the injuries might mean he ends up peaking a lot later. Would decent game time this season and a full season on loan next year help him get there?
I'd rather keep him here, he's too good for a loan. It's not like he'll be less injured by leaving on loan. Hopefully we can tailor his training to optimise his fitness.

Does anyone know what's been pestering him this season? Hip again?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Felt he did quite well at RB. Since AWB attacking play is not that good, wouldn't mind seeing more of Axel at RB.

If I remember correctly he had good games under Mourinho at both DM and RB. Need to stay fit though

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He is solid defensively. He offers pretty much nothing going forward sadly. First instinct is to cut back and pass back.

Don't think Telles was crap at all by the way.
He made a few great runs and our dopey midfielders just kept pinging it around between themselves and the defence. It was weird how he never seemed to want to cross it though. I don't think it's fair to say he offered nothing though.

Devil may care

I still see a lot of potential in Axel but as a RB he's about the same as O'Shea/Smalling/Jones, can fill in at a push but it's not a role he'll shine in.

Matt851

Stop playing him as RB ffs. The guy can't pass/dribble forward to save his life.
Desperately need to buy a right back, neither him or lindelof are any close to be good enough in that position

I cant think if any other team that has such poor cover in a full back position

Man Utd 1:0 Watford

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Impressive today, looked solid and showed his pace a couple of times in the first half. He needs to get a run in the team at centre back eventually to see if he’s better than Lindelof and Maguire.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was fine defensively but he was very sloppy. Seemed to be a running theme tonight, probably best to chalk it off to a lack of chemistry.

I’ve just seen he had 92% passing accuracy so maybe I was focusing too much on 1 or 2 misplaced passes.

A-man

Think the whole defence was a bit shaky in first half and he struggled with Sarr’s speed, but very good in second half. I think he is sometimes coming in wrong in situations and have to foul the opponent, which gives the other team free kicks in dangerous positions.

Impressive today, looked solid and showed his pace a couple of times in the first half. He needs to get a run in the team at centre back eventually to see if he’s better than Lindelof and Maguire.
he’s not playing ahead of Maguire.

on paper Maguire, Axel is a good partnership.

did well tonight, needs games.

looks like we have 4 for CBs - been years since that was the case!

A-man

As it is now, he is clearly Ole’s fourth choice. And looking at performance this season, it is where he should be. But this was a step in the right direction and I think he deserves more chances. It’s a luxury to have 4 fit CBs (well Bailly is actually injured again)

Sylar

He was fine defensively but he was very sloppy. Seemed to be a running theme tonight, probably best to chalk it off to a lack of chemistry.

I’ve just seen he had 92% passing accuracy so maybe I was focusing too much on 1 or 2 misplaced passes.
I know what you mean. The misplaced passes looked like they stuck out and were ones that were ones he could avoid.
But 92% is good and I think overall he had a good game.

He's not. He needs these kind of games to get experience and work towards a time when he is better than them. He's still some way off being ready to play on a weekly basis in the league.

jesperjaap

Yes but it isnt that much different to the last several years. The best one is decent, then you have one who cant stay fit or consistent for any period of time, one who is very average and one who is still unproven and isnt THAT young now.

For me, a centre back signing is still somewhat of a priority

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's not. He needs these kind of games to get experience and work towards a time when he is better than them. He's still some way off being ready to play on a weekly basis in the league.
I don’t know, I think he can definitely be better than Lindelof if he’s given a good run in the team. If we’re not willing to give him that then he needs to go because whilst he’s a talented player he’s not that young anymore.

Andersons Dietician

I’ve heard much touted about this guy, and I’ve given it time to see why everyone was so sure he was the next best thing but really I’m just not seeing it. Looks semi decent but he’s a bit of a pace merchant.

Really can’t see him becoming a first choice CB or even replacing anyone that is currently there.

OldTrevil

My man of the match the last game. Was very good in nearly everything he did. The first half with him and Bailly was the calmest I've been watching us defend in some time.

lRed

Love his partition yesterday.
Nice duo with Bailly then Maguire.

Calm and composed, looking forward to see him more often, with Lindelöf's back problems, maybe we will.

croadyman

I feel that Axel had won Ole's trust after the display in Paris shutting down Neymar & Mbappe, however he then had a bit of a shocker in Istanbul (certainly not the only one) and think he lost it then and now may find it hard to win it back again. There is a chance of him being the Lindelof/Maguire backup at Burnley but don't see him partnering Harry even though the pace alongside him would be beneficial.

A-man

Good opportunity for him tonight and a perfect game for him. He needs PL minutes to develop.

Zoo

He’s a liability at CB. I have major doubts about whether he is going to make it here.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Doesn't look ready when he really should be. He's 23 and still seems like a 18 year old defending.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Difficult to understand what's happened to this lad. Istanbul and tonight were horror shows.

acnumber9

Nowhere near good enough. Almost laughably bad. The effort on their goal was abysmal. Worse in the air than Lindelof too. He’ll be lucky if he makes it in the Premier League, much less at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.