Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

starman

For all his talent, he doesn't seem to have the temperament to play top level football, that PSG game now seems like a dream

Adamsk7

Needs to go on loan or just go. Cant let him dine on his old academy form or one game v Mbappe

Idxomer

He tries to give this aura of being composed when in reality he's absolutely terrified which leads to a lot of braindead moments.

The Hilton

Your second sentiment indicates you have quite a good understanding as to the reason for the ill feeling. And other than one poster, I can’t call it vitriol. How exactly are you expecting his performances to be appraised? He’s been calamitous.
He's been called a "useless human being" among other things in this thread. At best, it's wild hyperbole. I'm expecting his terrible performances to be described exactly as you have, he has been calamitous, but keep it about his football.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's been called a "useless human being" among other things in this thread. At best, it's wild hyperbole. I'm expecting his terrible performances to be described exactly as you have, he has been calamitous, but keep it about his football.
As I said, the ‘one poster’. Many have pulled him up for the comment too, and aside from that, there is no vitriol as far as I can see, just calling a spade a spade.

The Hilton

As I said, the ‘one poster’. Many have pulled him up for the comment too, and aside from that, there is no vitriol as far as I can see, just calling a spade a spade.
Well then that's the vitriol I can't get on board with. I'm really not sure what your problem is with my post, I think he's as bad as you do, I just don't agree with any posts taking the criticism too far.

hubbuh

He tries to give this aura of being composed when in reality he's absolutely terrified which leads to a lot of braindead moments.
Maguire does the same thing. I genuinely believe he just wants to get through the game as quick as possible and doesn't enjoy it at all. Our defence always looks nervous as feck, Shaw aside.

criticalanalysis

Very worrying stuff.

He has the opposite of midas touch at the moment and it's fair criticism but I'd hesistate to go all in because he's barely played or had a chance for a run of games. That in itself in a problem because he may never get that chance but I'm still lingering/hoping there's something there worth it, if we prevail with him.

Unless we don't buy another CB in the summer i.e unlikely, a loan to a PL team may be good for both parties next season.

OhGee

The criticism is unfair on the lad. He comes on in the last minute of a game with the expectation that he has going to be up to speed. Makes the tackle closer to the half way line where Everton had numbers to really have a go at us with AWB badly out of position after he gifted the ball to Everton when we should be retaining position (it was the final minute of time added on). Axel’s foul was the lesser of the two evils at that point in time. How we went on to defend the free kick with Maguire playing all the Everton players onside was the issue...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Well then that's the vitriol I can't get on board with. I'm really not sure what your problem is with my post, I think he's as bad as you do, I just don't agree with any posts taking the criticism too far.
My ‘problem’ (wouldn’t really call it that) was that the tone of your post seemed to imply that the comments in this thread were some sort of excessive, distasteful abuse. Then you gave the same opinion as almost everyone else.

Ultimately, I think the posts in here are warranted and not vitriolic, except the one post. My apologies if that was also the ‘one’ post you were referring to with your original post, as opposed to taking issue with all the posts basically calling out his performance(s) - which is what I thought you were doing.

Silverman

The criticism is unfair on the lad. He comes on in the last minute of a game with the expectation that he has going to be up to speed. Makes the tackle closer to the half way line where Everton had numbers to really have a go at us with AWB badly out of position after he gifted the ball to Everton when we should be retaining position (it was the final minute of time added on). Axel’s foul was the lesser of the two evils at that point in time. How we went on to defend the free kick with Maguire playing all the Everton players onside was the issue...
Exactly. None of this is on Tuanzebe. We should have comfortably cleared that free-kick.

NK86

Exactly. None of this is on Tuanzebe. We should have comfortably cleared that free-kick.
Even his mum wouldn't say that. Gave a needless free kick and then inexplicably doesn't track DCL. Yeah, no fault of his, sure.

The Hilton

My ‘problem’ (wouldn’t really call it that) was that the tone of your post seemed to imply that the comments in this thread were some sort of excessive, distasteful abuse. Then you gave the same opinion as almost everyone else.

Ultimately, I think the posts in here are warranted and not vitriolic, except the one post. My apologies if that was also the ‘one’ post you were referring to with your original post, as opposed to taking issue with all the posts basically calling out his performance(s) - which is what I thought you were doing.
Fair enough, I think this is down to a misunderstanding. Apology accepted. I know we're all frustrated tonight too.

I'm totally with you that football wise he's not good enough, and hopefully this latest howler will stop Ole from bringing him on in future.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
From the briefings we need to sell to buy and if we have plans to actually win something again then we definitely need to buy. I’d sell him with a buy back to raise funds for a new CB. He needs game time anyway to get over his injuries.

Wayne's World

I'm not sure why people are blaming him. Yeah he gave away the free-kick but he wasn't the reason why we drew the game

Seen he's getting racist abuse too, why? He did nothing wrong fecking clowns...blame the other two muppets in Maguire and Lindelof, the main reason we drew

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He might need to go out on loan again and get a run of games. Then we can decide if he comes back as first choice or sell him for a decent amount. He doesn't seem the type to be able to come in for a game here and there and perform, so he's useless to us as a squad player.

Bojan11

He's crap and no better than Jones / Rojo.
Can Jones be used in prem games? I rather play him than Tuanzebe.

Also we should never have made the sub because we didn't need to. There was no point bringing Matic on because all it meant was Moss adding more time on, when we were comfortable.

GledTheRed

Also we should never have made the sub because we didn't need to. There was no point bringing Matic on because all it meant was Moss adding more time on, when we were comfortable.
I don't know mate tbh.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Awful cameo yet again. He'll be gone end of season I think.

Feck me this thread is a cess pit though

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Awful cameo yet again. He'll be gone end of season I think.

Feck me this thread is a cess pit though
Strongly doubt it. I can even foresee a scenario where we are getting bids of over £10m and we are rejecting them saying he is not for sale. We have refused offers for Williams and James, I see no reason why we wouldn’t adopt the same approach towards Axel. Ole is an academy lover and a believer in tradition of the club.

acnumber9

Own goal at Leicester where he was slow to react = 2 points dropped
Coward performance vs Sheffield where he did nothing right and their winner went in off his lazy arse = 3 points dropped
Giving away the most idiotic FK in the dying seconds tonight = 2 points dropped

130 minutes played. Directly responsible for 7 points dropped.

fecking shambolic how this fanbase build up lambs because they're wearing rose tinted glasses and are desperate for someone from the academy to succeed. Even worse that the management buy into the hype and send those lambs to the slaughter.
He was abysmal in Turkey in the game that cost us Champions League too.

Matt851

Seems a bad idea to bring a cb and change shape at that stage of the game. Surely the risk of confusion and him not being upto speed outweighs any potential benefits

0le

Difficult to just come into the team at random moments and expect to play with any match rhythm.

Red00012

Yep

Red00012

Difficult to just come into the team at random moments and expect to play with any match rhythm.
His match rhythm was not do anything stupid ( gave the free kick away ) and provide extra cover at the back ( didn’t follow DCL’s run at the free kick )

Litch

There is nothing worse than a fan whose team loses....Remember his performance against PSG anyone or does that not fit today's narrative? The lad has been out for long periods, not had a run of games and his career and development hinder as a consequence. He comes on and fouls a player almost on the half way line. All we have to do is defend the free kick and more experienced players fail to defend a straight ball in the box. The same experienced players that couldn't defend the other two goals either.

Yes we are all disappointed that we didn't win but it's ridiculous on here how we respond after a defeat. Channel your frustrations elsewhere, the lad does not deserve it. Not saying he's the next Varane or VD, but what did either of those look like at 23?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
How is he to blame for the draw? In what world does the keeper have to take a free kick in the 94th minute back into open play and all the people on the pitch just accept it. A keeper that can't distribute for shit. He has to put that tackle in at the halfway life because it's the best solution to a problem brought by the senior players. He was just an extra body on the field.

Cloud7

Not saying he's the next Varane or VD, but what did either of those look like at 23?
Just to point out that at age 23 Varane was a regular part of a Champions League winning Madrid team and the French national team, so probably not the best comparison :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Well then what do you propose? He just starts all of our games? If it is too difficult for him to contribute positively when needed/called upon then he is of no use to us.

Litch

Just to point out that at age 23 Varane was a regular part of a Champions League winning Madrid team and the French national team, so probably not the best comparison :lol:
...and Axel is playing at a shit club at 23. Varane was no more part of contributing football wise to the Madrid and France teams at 23 than their respective kit men. He pretty much signed for Madrid at 23 and had an horrendous first few years. The France national team, didn't really get a kick for two years, played more games for u21 or pretty much warmed the bench of national team until he was 25. The comparison stands.....

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There is nothing worse than a fan whose team loses....Remember his performance against PSG anyone or does that not fit today's narrative? The lad has been out for long periods, not had a run of games and his career and development hinder as a consequence. He comes on and fouls a player almost on the half way line. All we have to do is defend the free kick and more experienced players fail to defend a straight ball in the box. The same experienced players that couldn't defend the other two goals either.

Yes we are all disappointed that we didn't win but it's ridiculous on here how we respond after a defeat. Channel your frustrations elsewhere, the lad does not deserve it. Not saying he's the next Varane or VD, but what did either of those look like at 23?
His performance against PSG doesn’t fit his OWN narrative as it is an anomaly of a performance for him.

And yes, ‘all we had to do was defend a free kick into our box’. That’s the entire point of the criticism. There are many more preferable scenarios than having to defend a free kick into our box in the last minute when defending a lead. Even then, he didn’t actually do the defending part very well either.

And why doesn’t he deserve our frustrations? Of course he does. His post match performance thread cannot reasonably be expected to be anything but overwhelmingly negative, as has been the case for his last several games. Cavani’s post match thread looks one way, Tuanzebe’s and De Gea’s looks another, as is to be expected by anyone who saw their contributions.

And we didn’t lose.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
...and Axel is playing at a shit club at 23. Varane was no more part of contributing football wise to the Madrid and France teams at 23 than their respective kit men. He pretty much signed for Madrid at 23 and had an horrendous first few years. The France national team, didn't really get a kick for two years, played more games for u21 and pretty much warmed the bench of national team until he was 25. The comparison stands.....
Varane was about 19 when he joined Madrid, and is only about 27 now. He was far better than Axel at 23. In fact, he was far better than Axel when he was 19.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Blaming that goal on Tuanzebe is just scapegoating. He made one mistime challenge in middle of the park. Our entire defending for that last free-kick was atrocious. It's unfortunate Tuanzebe is getting destroyed on twitter for a simple foul

acnumber9

...and Axel is playing at a shit club at 23. Varane was no more part of contributing football wise to the Madrid and France teams at 23 than their respective kit men. He pretty much signed for Madrid at 23 and had an horrendous first few years. The France national team, didn't really get a kick for two years, played more games for u21 or pretty much warmed the bench of national team until he was 25. The comparison stands.....
Varane signed for Madrid at 18, played in and won a Champions League final at 21. He’d over a 100 games for Madrid by that age, and played over 30 times for the best national team in the world. Does it stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.