Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NK86

I don't need yellow cards or such to tell me what I see with my own eyes, no way is Maguire a better footballer or defender than Axel
I don't even know where to begin. Even Axel's mum would not make that travesty of a statement.

AshRK

The racial abuses the young kid is receiving is shocking. Also, those who are saying he is a shit defender, well maybe he is not good enough for United but I still think there is a decent defender in him. Loan him for a year and have him play matches continuously.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The lad’s confidence is obviously shot. That performance in Paris earlier in the season seems a long time ago now. Unsure if, or how, he will fit in here long-term after the last few months. He certainly looks a world away from being a starter anyway, which is a shame.

The online abuse he’s been receiving is appalling, however, and anyone found guilty of it needs a stiff prison sentence. These ‘suspended sentence’ cop-outs (e.g. the one the neanderthal who racially abused Ian Wright last year received) are a disgrace and no deterrent whatsoever. Time inside is the only punishment these wankers deserve.

Red_toad

Getting racially abused again on social media.

fecking disgrace
Twatter needs to get people to verify their accounts, no verified ID then can’t sign up and post, they’re simply giving a platform for dumb people to post racist crap upon. But they won’t as it’ll affect their revenues. But enough is enough. Today I’ve seen some Asian Leicester City fan on twatter has been abusing him, I’m amazed he cares, but just there ya go, he can get away with it so he’s joined the free for all.

arnie_ni

Twatter needs to get people to verify their accounts, no verified ID then can’t sign up and post, they’re simply giving a platform for dumb people to post racist crap upon. But they won’t as it’ll affect their revenues. But enough is enough. Today I’ve seen some Asian Leicester City fan on twatter has been abusing him, I’m amazed he cares, but just there ya go, he can get away with it so he’s joined the free for all.
So it's not just/actually our own fans?

A-man

Coaches who watch him every day know what level he’s at. It goes two ways. When Rio and some other experts were raging that Ole didn’t pick him as starting CB, we can now look back and see Ole was right and not the experts. And the other way around: We have to trust the coaches he is good enough to keep in the team.

He has been poor, agree, but to to me it doesn’t look like he lacks the skills. It looks like he is not mature enough. He makes poor decisions and has poor awareness, like he was 17 years old. To me that is not strange for a guy who has played less senior football than the teens in the team. He has started 2 PL matches as CB in his entire career. That is nothing. What Ole did yesterday was throwing a guy, with already poor confidence, under a big lorry. This was extremely poor management imo. It’s not how you build up inexperienced players.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
From the briefings we need to sell to buy and if we have plans to actually win something again then we definitely need to buy. I’d sell him with a buy back to raise funds for a new CB. He needs game time anyway to get over his injuries.
Players like him, Dan James, Brandon Williams (who didn’t go on loan this January, because, reasons) are players we should’ve sold this summer just gone. We need to raise funds far better from what we have in the club. Otherwise we end up holding onto these players, draining out any worth, and them leaving for free with barely anyone realising like Marcos Rojo.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Start him vs West Ham, he needs games.

Feck the 'fans' that are racially abusing him, they're an embarrassment.
He needs to go out on loan again to get games, not get games playing for United. He is a million miles from being ready to play for United. He is poor and is probably never going to make it here.

As for the racist abuse, it's an absolute disgrace. At the end of the day, it's only a game of football, he shouldn't be getting any kind of abuse never mind abuse directed at his ethnicity or race for any reason never mind just a fecking game.

Feck the 'fans' that are racially abusing him, they're an embarrassment.
Most of them aren't fans...and I don't mean that in the 'not real fans if they're doing x' way. I mean it's literally trolls who are capitalising on the fact that they're currently being rewarded with nationwide attention for posting emojiis. They're not even being transparent about it...'include me in the screenshot' etc.

De Gea was getting it too (left side), but none of the media cared to report on that.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He needs to go out on loan again to get games, not get games playing for United. He is a million miles from being ready to play for United. He is poor and is probably never going to make it here.

As for the racist abuse, it's an absolute disgrace. At the end of the day, it's only a game of football, he shouldn't be getting any kind of abuse never mind abuse directed at his ethnicity or race for any reason never mind just a fecking game.
Yea i would agree. I wish he could make it but i doubt it. There is a mistake in him every match.

He got destroyed by Demba Ba in the champions league. Then he has a poor match against Sheffield United. Then yesterday.

There is nothing better than a graduate coming through like Greenwood. But unfortunately i dont think Axel is good enough for us.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It’s not usual for homegrown centre backs to make it at United, normally we buy after they’ve got good experience elsewhere as it’s a crucial position. The closest was Evans but he was injury prone and O’Shea who became a utility player

IF Tuanzebe is to stay it’s imperative that he goes out on loan or if sold then insert a buy back clause

echo what everyone else is saying about online abuse. It’s disgusting and needs addressing in the harshest terms

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Most of them aren't fans...and I don't mean that in the 'not real fans if they're doing x' way. I mean it's literally trolls who are capitalising on the fact that they're currently being rewarded with nationwide attention for posting emojiis. They're not even being transparent about it...'include me in the screenshot' etc.

De Gea was getting it too (left side), but none of the media cared to report on that.

Those spoilered quotes are precisely why people should have to verify who they are on social media

Alfie092

He is 23 and while he is still raw for his age and will get better for sure, will he ever be good enough to become a top quality CB? That is the standard we have to maintain at United and imo I don't think he will ever be top quality and having an homegrown CB making it at United and becoming a world-class legend is what I have always wanted! Similar to Terry at Chelsea.

I would still like to give him a chance in the FA Cup and Europa League games and see what he does before making the final call on him. Maybe a loan to a mid-table PL club next season is what he needs.

Based Adnan

Unless the government steps in and enforces it the social media companies will never put mandatory identification in place because they care more about getting users to their platforms instead of combating racism.

BlahRules

I think Tuanazebe should play as a RB till he starts imposing himself more as a CB. Also will help AWB with some added rest.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I think Tuanazebe should play as a RB till he starts imposing himself more as a CB. Also will help AWB with some added rest.
Him giving a foul away at RB worked out well didn't it? Look, I'm not of the mind that he could never make, despite the heat of the moment. He needs exposure at this level but Utd is an unforgiving place. If he was at Brighton or back at Villa he probably would be able to progress unnoticed

DoomSlayer

De Gea was simply abused, it's not racism as people can't be racist against whites. Right? :smirk:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Feel terrible for him to be honest. Hope he can pick himself, I can't imagine the mental toll being racially abused by your own "fans" twice in a week would have on a person. His confidence is shot, we've afforded lots of players the chance to get their confidence back, even if players haven't taken the opportunity, and Tuanzebe should be no different.

Hopefully he's getting all the support he needs from his team mates and the coaching staff.

Smores

People are so quick to throw players under the bus. You can't expect a young centre back to come in and immediately perform on odd appearances. Tuanzebe needs a run of games to establish himself, that was obvious last summer so I'm perplexed why we haven't given it to him or sent him on loan.

As a club we've been really poor at integrating youngsters for quite some time but especially defenders. Our lads basically have to rely on a significant injury in their position.

R'hllor

Will always have time for Axel, believe he can be really good as CB, i see a lot, he never gonna make at United comments, yea bar to play for United as CB is sky high these days, sure, what a joke.

BlahRules

Him giving a foul away at RB worked out well didn't it? Look, I'm not of the mind that he could never make, despite the heat of the moment. He needs exposure at this level but Utd is an unforgiving place. If he was at Brighton or back at Villa he probably would be able to progress unnoticed
Lets be honest that free kick should have never led to a goal and can not be faulted to Tuanzebe nor should he have been subbed on for a winger which led to change of formation to which the whole team had to adapt.

Tuanzebe played well when as a RB and always nullified the attacker. We don't have an adequate cover for AWB and we cannot take the risk of AWB getting injury instead we should take precaution.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Lets be honest that free kick should have never led to a goal and can not be faulted to Tuanzebe nor should he have been subbed on for a winger which led to change of formation to which the whole team had to adapt.

Tuanzebe played well when as a RB and always nullified the attacker. We don't have an adequate cover for AWB and we cannot take the risk of AWB getting injury instead we should take precaution.
Worth a shot. He's got to be better than Bailly was.

Oranges038

Morons, should all be rounded up and put into education centres, I'd advocate something similar to what they have in China.

Al Capone

Morons, should all be rounded up and put into education centres, I'd advocate something similar to what they have in China.
I hope you don't mean you actually agree with what is happening to the Muslims over there. Maybe you have just used a bad example.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He wasn't responsible for the third goal. He did a foul far far away from our box. You defend that and the game is over.

Maguire didn't keep the line and DDG didn't come up. That's it !

Having said, this guy is not good enough for us. Blackett vibes.

Oranges038

I hope you don't mean you actually agree with what is happening to the Muslims over there. Maybe you have just used a bad example.
I don't agree with what they are using them for, I think people should be free to believe in whatever magic being in the sky that they want.

But for moronic people like this who post this crap to people on social media, I'd have no problem with it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
De Gea was simply abused, it's not racism as people can't be racist against whites. Right? :smirk:
What’s the point of a comment like this?

If you feel strongly about the comment, go and report it, contact the Police or whatever by all means. Trying to turn the racism conversation into some sort of me too or ‘it’s the same on both sides’ argument is fecking ridiculous.

DoomSlayer

What’s the point of a comment like this?

If you feel strongly about the comment, go and report it, contact the Police or whatever by all means. Trying to turn the racism conversation into some sort of me too or ‘it’s the same on both sides’ argument is fecking ridiculous.
You know what the point is, mate. I don't see people making threads about De Gea being racially abused, why is that?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You know what the point is, mate. I don't see people making threads about De Gea being racially abused, why is that?
Well I think I know your point. And I don’t like it. Go and make a thread about De Gea being racially abused then.

Or maybe because people feel the conversation around racism towards black people/players is a far more pressing one than racial abuse suffered by white people.

So you have any understanding at all as to why the Burnley fan’s ‘White Lives Matter’ banner was condemned? Because you’re pushing the exact same angle here. Do you think it is because we all agreed that white lives did not matter?

Or should people just stop moaning about Axel being racially abused as ‘we don’t see anyone moaning about De Gea?’. In no world, whatever denial anyone may wish to adopt, are the two issues even close to being the same. Your trivialising is on the distasteful side. If you have been feeling so disturbed about the racial suffering white people have to endure in this world - then go ahead and start a movement. The current conversation was started, in case it has been forgotten, by an unarmed black man being killed in the street by a white cop for the umpteenth time. The conversation has continued into football due to black footballers being racially abused again and again and again. Yet all you have to add is that ‘well, someone racially abused De Gea too, it’s as if you can’t be racist to white people’.

Anyway, this is the internet, you can feel how you wish. I’ve said my piece on the matter.

GMoore23

I wouldn't give up on Axel just yet. He's played next to no football for 2 years and at such a crucial stage of his career to boot. He needs to go on loan again next season as it's the only way he's going to develop. If he's injury prone once again then we should get rid.

DoomSlayer

Well I think I know your point. And I don’t like it. Go and make a thread about De Gea being racially abused then.

Or maybe because people feel the conversation around racism towards black people/players is a far more pressing one than racial abuse suffered by white people.

So you have any understanding at all as to why the Burnley fan’s ‘White Lives Matter’ banner was condemned? Because you’re pushing the exact same angle here. Do you think it is because we all agreed that white lives did not matter?

Or should people just stop moaning about Axel being racially abused as ‘we don’t see anyone moaning about De Gea?’. In no world, whatever denial anyone may wish to adopt, are the two issues even close to being the same. Your trivialising is on the distasteful side. If you have been feeling so disturbed about the racial suffering white people have to endure in this world - then go ahead and start a movement. The current conversation was started, in case it has been forgotten, by an unarmed black man being killed in the street by a white cop for the umpteenth time. The conversation has continued into football due to black footballers being racially abused again and again and again. Yet all you have to add is that ‘well, someone racially abused De Gea too, it’s as if you can’t be racist to white people’.

Anyway, this is the internet, you can feel how you wish. I’ve said my piece on the matter.
I don't mean to be distasteful and your assumptions are wrong, I just dislike hypocrisy. Doesn't mean I'm trivialising or supporting any kind of hateful behaviour. It really is the wrong thread to talk about it, so I'll leave it at that and say that the treatment towards Tuanzebe has been abhorrent, there should be zero tolerance towards racism.

A-man

Well written!

A-man

I don't mean to be distasteful and your assumptions are wrong, I just dislike hypocrisy. Doesn't mean I'm trivialising or supporting any kind of hateful behaviour. It really is the wrong thread to talk about it, so I'll leave it at that and say that the treatment towards Tuanzebe has been abhorrent, there should be zero tolerance towards racism.
It has nothing to do with hypocrisy. Let’s not excuse those fcn racists just because some other arseholes write stupid things about DDG.

I wouldn't give up on Axel just yet. He's played next to no football for 2 years and at such a crucial stage of his career to boot. He needs to go on loan again next season as it's the only way he's going to develop. If he's injury prone once again then we should get rid.
that’s another 18 months. He will nearly be 25 with a handful of appearance at United, at that point I think he’s missed the boat.

a loan is no good for him. He either gets game time over the next 6 months, or I think we need to move him on.

that game against PSG looks more and more like an outlier - and it perhaps clouds our judgement - it’s probably clouded mine, and I want him to make it here perhaps too much.

Polar

Tuanzebe is 23y with a lot of potential. He is up and coming and I also think he has done a decent job since his return to United. He’s a long term investment and that’s why we also need to give him experience or sporadic time on the pitch. In 2022 we can expect him to be a regular. Anything earlier is a bonus.

When VVD was 24y he played for Celtic :D

Last edited:
Man Utd 0:0 Real Sociedad

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's no DM, I think we can all agree with that, yet if you're going to experiment then I guess tonight was the perfect oppurtunity.

Unlucky not to get a goal. Shame Lindelof felt he had to pull a fatality move on a Sociedad player.

Walters_19_MuFc

I actually thought he did well in midfield. Calm on the ball. Nice interceptions. Unlucky that his goal was disallowed as it was a fantastic header.

Status
Not open for further replies.