Axel Tuanzebe image 38

Axel Tuanzebe England flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Is Villa even a good move for him now?

Is he currently better than Mings and Konsa? Even Hause did well in the absense of the aforementioned players.

He needs games. Preferably, he needed to go somewhere where he'll be first choice. Barring any injuries, I cant see that happening.

MVP_88

Great move if he plays regularly. Unless they change to a 3 at the back, can anyone realistically see him dislodging Mings or Konsa?

Acole9

Outstanding

Is he currently better than Mings and Konsa? Even Hause did well in the absense of the aforementioned players.

He needs games. Preferably, he needed to go somewhere where he'll be first choice. Barring any injuries, I cant see that happening.
Controversial as Mings is not liked on these forums but I agree with you, I don't think he's better than Mings, probably not Konsa either.

Even if they were planning to use him at right back I don't think he'd dislodge Cash.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
If he starts there it'll be a really good move.

Dozer

Not sure about this move… will be 3rd choice at best for Villa. I know a lot of people on here have an affinity for him, but realistically it would’ve been better to go somewhere permanently.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Honesty I wouldn’t have minded if we sold him for a decent fee (providing Villa we’re keen).

diarm

Weren't Newcastle interested in him? I'd have preferred that move as he'd be guaranteed game time.

I feel he's a better player than Mings, but he needs a sustained run of games to show that, and I'm not sure he'll get them at Villa.

userman

A bit of a “sink or swim” season for him now; he either manages to claim a regular spot and proves he has the level to play regularly in the PL, or he is considered as not good enough for Villa and remains on the bench - in which case he shouldn’t be considered as good enough for us next season.

dalriada

I think Axel has a lot of good qualities, not least he's intelligent and has shown good leadership ability during his time in the 2nd team. He hasn't really shone, though, in his first team appearances, with a few exceptions. His injuries came at the wrong time, which sometimes happens, as he's 23 now, so not a youth player anymore. That's still young for a defender, though, so I hope his loan season goes well. Villa are familiar with him and Smith seems to have a high opinion of him.
Not sure we'll see him back as a permanent CB, but good luck to him at Villa and we'll see if our needs are different in a year's time.

Red00012

I don’t get it

He’s going to be sitting on the bench for the season

saivet

Maybe Villa will play 3 at the back? If so sure he could get plenty of game time

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s the Lingard of the defence, the ‘young player’ we will forever be developing, sending on loan for experience in the hope that he can challenge our 4th choice when he’s 27.

Walters_19_MuFc

Weren't Newcastle interested in him? I'd have preferred that move as he'd be guaranteed game time.

I feel he's a better player than Mings, but he needs a sustained run of games to show that, and I'm not sure he'll get them at Villa.
There were rumours. As you said, probably more likely to get game time there than at Villa. They play a back three, too.

As for being better than Mings, he may well go onto be. I remember some of my Villa mates saying he looked better when the two played together in the Championship, but as you said, he probably wont get the chance to prove that.

Number32

Konsa could play at RB or when they switch to 3 CBs, he would starts for them.

Dean Smith really likes him though, because Axel-Mings partnership was solid in Championship. I can't say Konsa and Mings better or worse than him now, Axel was barely play in a full season for us. But when he was playing full season with Villa couple years ago, surely he was their best CB.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Dean Smith really likes him though, because Axel-Mings partnership was solid in Championship. I can't say Konsa and Mings better or worse than him now, Axel was barely play in a full season for us. But when he was playing full season with Villa couple years ago, surely he was their best CB.
He wasn’t. Mings was clearly their star defender.

Ace of Spades

He is 23 still and plenty of time to develop for a CB. He has been decent to good when he has played, and looks better than Baily already imo. Think with more experience he can certainly become a better CB than Lindelof.

We should have loaned him when Villa got promoted instead of keeping him rotting on here. They were keen and we just wasted two years of his development by not loaning him before.

This is why I want our talented youngsters to go out on loan, they won't develop by sitting on the bench, they need minutes on the field, either that is playing for us or somewhere else on loan.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Choosing Aston Villa doesn't look like a good decision. He needs to play every week and if this loan fails we will be back to same position next year. We will try to keep his "value in transfer market" and refuse to let him go

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He is 23 still and plenty of time to develop for a CB. He has been decent to good when he has played, and looks better than Baily already imo. Think with more experience he can certainly become a better CB than Lindelof.

We should have loaned him when Villa got promoted instead of keeping him rotting on here. They were keen and we just wasted two years of his development by not loaning him before.

This is why I want our talented youngsters to go out on loan, they won't develop by sitting on the bench, they need minutes on the field, either that is playing for us or somewhere else on loan.
Is that genuinely how you see his performances from last season?

Walters_19_MuFc

Dean Smith may well be a big fan of Axel but I very much doubt he will break up a partnership, who, on the whole, has been pretty solid.

I get that Axel may have been their best CB in the Championship but two years have past, and both players have gained a lot more experience in the EPL, whilst Axel hasnt really played at all.

If im honest, I cant see a future at United for Axel but the point of a loan move is to allow them to grow as a player, meaning that even if they dont come back, they have had the opportunity to display their talent and get a good move elsewhere. Hopefully, this will be the case for Axel.

Walters_19_MuFc

He wasn’t. Mings was clearly their star defender.
I have a few Villa mates who said Axel was but thats irrelevant anyway. Since then, Mings has gained valuable experience in the EPL and as a result, forced himself into the England squad. Axel, on the other hand, hasnt done anything really.

People will argue has hasnt had the chance to, and to a certain degree they'd be right but I do think Axel should have gone back to Villa the season they came up, where he'd have most likely kept his spot next to Mings and gained that experience that he's going on loan to try and get now.

Ace of Spades

Is that genuinely how you see his performances from last season?
He had a couple of mares, then he was decent in some games, and was good at the tail end of the season when he got some regular games. I certainly think he has more potential than Lindelof and Bailey.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I have a few Villa mates who said Axel was but thats irrelevant anyway. Since then, Mings has gained valuable experience in the EPL and as a result, forced himself into the England squad. Axel, on the other hand, hasnt done anything really.

People will argue has hasnt had the chance to, and to a certain degree they'd be right but I do think Axel should have gone back to Villa the season they came up, where he'd have most likely kept his spot next to Mings and gained that experience that he's going on loan to try and get now.
Villa's first year back Tuanzebe was clearly in our plans and that was proven with the starts he was given. It was then the mystery injury which basically ended his season with more than half of it still to go

Red Royal

Decent player, wish him well but I doubt he will make it here. Should have looked to sell instaed of loan. The low bar of our CBs (Maguire and hopefully Varane apart) makes Axel seem more needed then he is...

Walters_19_MuFc

Villa's first year back Tuanzebe was clearly in our plans and that was proven with the starts he was given. It was then the mystery injury which basically ended his season with more than half of it still to go
Was it? Did he start for us in the EPL? Actually cant remember that far back haha.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

I think that’s a fair take.

jesperjaap

Great move if he plays regularly. Unless they change to a 3 at the back, can anyone realistically see him dislodging Mings or Konsa?
If you turn it round, would anybody be happy with Mings or Konsa as signings for us? If he cant dislodge either over the season, its an obvious sale for us. If he does and performs well he can probably come back next season when I expect Bailly may be moving on.

If it his opportunity for the first time to get regular games in the premiership. Newcastle was an easier and maybe better loan. But he is highly valued at Villa and though there have been some slack errors playign for us, he has also had some great performances for us, he is fully capable of being a regular starterr for them, but it is a make or break season for him

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He had a couple of mares, then he was decent in some games, and was good at the tail end of the season when he got some regular games. I certainly think he has more potential than Lindelof and Bailey.
I agree that he had some good performances in that brief spell of dead rubbers at the end of the season, but I think he was generally poor, or at least, not of the required standard, aside from that spell.

I personally think there is nothing at all that suggests he has more potential than Lindelof and Bailly.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If you turn it round, would anybody be happy with Mings or Konsa as signings for us? If he cant dislodge either over the season, its an obvious sale for us. If he does and performs well he can probably come back next season when I expect Bailly may be moving on.

If it his opportunity for the first time to get regular games in the premiership. Newcastle was an easier and maybe better loan. But he is highly valued at Villa and though there have been some slack errors playign for us, he has also had some great performances for us, he is fully capable of being a regular starterr for them, but it is a make or break season for him
That's not how it works though. Axel needs regular games to fulfill his potential which is a higher ceiling than Mings or Konsa. At this age, you can expect him to dislodge 2 PL proven defenders.

With that logic, he won't be a starter in most PL teams. Does that mean he is bad than all of them? Not really ! It's just about chosing experience over young players on loan.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That's not how it works though. Axel needs regular games to fulfill his potential which is a higher ceiling than Mings or Konsa. At this age, you can expect him to dislodge 2 PL proven defenders.

With that logic, he won't be a starter in most PL teams. Does that mean he is bad than all of them? Not really ! It's just about chosing experience over young players on loan.
Based on sweet FA?

flappyjay

Was it? Did he start for us in the EPL? Actually cant remember that far back haha.
I think Ole saw him as 3rd choice. He sold Smalling whilst Bailly and Jones were out on long-term injuries. Axel ended up getting injured too.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
This is so bizarre. If we’ve given up on him he should have been sold - if we still think there’s a player for us there he should have been loaned to Newcastle to play every week and develop. This is like the worst of both worlds.

Nicolarra90

Sink or swim kind of loan.

If he can't get a place in AV, he shouldn't have a place here.

Status
Not open for further replies.