Axel Tuanzebe image 38

Axel Tuanzebe England flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This is so bizarre. If we’ve given up on him he should have been sold - if we still think there’s a player for us there he should have been loaned to Newcastle to play every week and develop. This is like the worst of both worlds.
I agree with this.

I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't think Axel will be getting in ahead of Mings and Konsa. He's just a bit of depth for Villa.

We'd have been better off just selling him. If he's not in the shop window at Villa or getting game time what do we get from this? I guess a short term drop in the wage bill but nothing else.

Chief123

I think Tuanzebe going there will allow them to play a 3 at back more often rather than him trying to take the place of the current 2 centre backs.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
352 could be something they're looking at given they've now got Watkins and Ings, wouldn't suit either of them to be playing as a wide attacker

That being said not sure where that would leave Leon Bailey other than being one of the WB's

Mickson

According to Whitwell, Smiths sees him as a CB who can cover the RB position. I don't think they will play three at the back, but of course, this gives them the opportunity to do so. However, to be fair, we should judge this loan at the end of the season instead of now. I'm sure United and Villa have thought this through.

SoCross

Last chance saloon for him, at least in terms of United. Good luck lad, lots to like about his game, hope he shines.

Good move for him. Its looking unlikely he will ever make it here, so a a PL loan to a half decent club is a good chance for him.

Nicolarra90

If he can’t get a place at AV, he’ll be back here with no takers.
Then he could get a loan to a lesser club.

This loan is to make a decision about his place in the club, cause that's still doubtful.

If he fails then we look for a sell.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is Villa even a good move for him now?

Is he currently better than Mings and Konsa? Even Hause did well in the absense of the aforementioned players.

He needs games. Preferably, he needed to go somewhere where he'll be first choice. Barring any injuries, I cant see that happening.
Rumours we'll play 3 at the back for some games.

I also think he'll fill in regularly at RB as Matty Cash was suspended a couple of times and also was out injured for a month last season.

Edit: Covered above.

Ekeke

I think he could start for Villa if he gets into form. Whether he will have the starts and chances to do that I dont know. And if he does, he needs to take advantage of it.

Most likely this is again strengthening the bond between Villa and Tuanzabe and in all circumstances but for him being their best CB and one of the best in the league next season, I expect it'll lead us to selling him to them next summer. And this season will determine how much.

jesperjaap

That's not how it works though. Axel needs regular games to fulfill his potential which is a higher ceiling than Mings or Konsa. At this age, you can expect him to dislodge 2 PL proven defenders.

With that logic, he won't be a starter in most PL teams. Does that mean he is bad than all of them? Not really ! It's just about chosing experience over young players on loan.
I take it you meant at hi sage you cant expect him to dislodge two proven premiership defenders? Is Konsa proven after one good season? He is also the same age as Tuanzabe. He is 23 not 20/21, he is at an age where he should be establishing himself now, he is the same age as Ben WHite who has moved for £50m, he isnt a rookie age wise anymore

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I take it you meant at hi sage you cant expect him to dislodge two proven premiership defenders? Is Konsa proven after one good season? He is also the same age as Tuanzabe. He is 23 not 20/21, he is at an age where he should be establishing himself now, he is the same age as Ben WHite who has moved for £50m, he isnt a rookie age wise anymore
Ofcourse , I get that. Problem is both Konsa and White had regular game time, means they are so advanced in terms of development.

We should have given Axel to Villa when they asked for him . That was a blunder from our side and ultimately Konsa benefited from it.

Number32

@Number32 Just remembered they have A Young now too, who I'd imagine would play right back if Cash is injured.
Did you watch Ashley Young at Inter? LWB or LM is a regular position for him.
He was still wearing a red shirt when the last time he played right back, and that was horrible.

I don't think Villa see him as a back up RB, Young would be a leader when they switch tactically to 3-5-2 and plays LWB. They are not dumb enough to repeat our mistake.

Ekeke

Ofcourse , I get that. Problem is both Konsa and White had regular game time, means they are so advanced in terms of development.

We should have given Axel to Villa when they asked for him . That was a blunder from our side and ultimately Konsa benefited from it.
The mistake is keeping him if you havent picked him as one of the young players you want to have involved in the starting lineup often. We kept him and played Bailly and Lindelof in plenty of games he could have been used in. At this stage it just seems clear that Ole prefers Lindelof, regardless of whether Tuanzabe might end up a better CB or whether its the right choice. He's made the choice

Walters_19_MuFc

Did you watch Ashley Young at Inter? LWB or LM is a regular position for him.
He was still wearing a red shirt when the last time he played right back, and that was horrible.

I don't think Villa see him as a back up RB, Young would be a leader when they switch tactically to 3-5-2 and plays LWB. They are not dumb enough to repeat our mistake.
No, I didn't watch him at Inter but it's about common sense and logical thinking. Yes, Smith may decide to play a 352 but his favoured formation is a 4231. Until we know otherwise, we can only go by that.

At the moment, on the wings, Villa have Traore, El Ghazi, Bailey, Trezeguet, and Buendia. At full-back, they have Cash, Targett, and Guilbert. Using my logical thinking, it's quite easy to work out where he's more likely to play unless Smith comes up with a new position for him.

Bondi77

I would say he is more likely to get more game time than Lindelof or Bailly this season so I hope he stays injury free and can force his way into the starting Villa side.

SAFMUTD

I don't think he'll break up into the starting line up, but he'll get minutes in the cups. Hopefully that'll be enough for Villa to make an offer of around 10-15M next summer and we will ship him out.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I thought Newcastle would be a good move for him. One advantage in Villa move is, he knows the players, staff and manager. Not sure about the playing time as they have 2 CBs who did well as a pair last season, one of them is a full England international now.

So don't think he will get much playing time unless one of their CB is injured. Newcastle would have been good loan option (assuming they don't have good CBs, haven't followed their transfers).

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I can't see why you've sent him to Villa. He'll get some games but I don't see him starting regularly enough and he's not the most reliable back-up as he gets injured all the time. I think he needs to get into the rhythm of playing regularly so that he can improve and maybe let his body get used to playing week in, week out.

I don't see this move helping him either way. I actually think he might have got more time at Leicester with Fofana out, Evans getting older and Soyuncu picking up bookings all the time. I think the best move would have been Newcastle, or Norwich with Farke coaching him and giving him games.

United still seem not to know what they are doing with selling or loaning out players.

jetlee

That seems to be one of the most pointless loans we could have done.
Switched our bench to Villa's.
Should have been a sale to anyone who was interested.

That seems to be one of the most pointless loans we could have done.
Switched our bench to Villa's.
Yup. Cash is really good and there's no way they're splitting up Konsa/Mings to give minutes to a loan player.

At some point you have to start questioning the mentality of a 24 year old player who doesn't seem to care about minutes and went to Villa instead of Newcastle because 'it feels really comfortable'.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He came on for Douglas Luiz right at the end and was played as DCM so might see him in that position as opposed to CB or RB if don't get injuries.

Will surely start at Barrow in the league cup on Tuesday.

jetlee

Barring any injury crisis I would be surprised if he start more than 10 games in the league.
Even more difficult to understand if he will be used as a utility player.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What was the point in loaning him to a club he isn’t going to start at? Waste of time.

We should have just cashed in. He’s not going to make it here & with the English tax if we sold him at the right time we could’ve made good money. After a year on Villa’s bench we’ll probably loan him out again & eventually sell him for next to nothing.

Didn’t he turn down Newcastle? Surely he would’ve been more likely to get a start there. Questionable mentality to be honest.

SAFMUTD

It's still a young season but him not starting over Mings and Konsa is not a good sign. If he can't even play ahead of those there's no use for him here's specially with Maguire and Varane as automatic starters and Lindelof as a very reliable 3rd choice.

NoPace

He came on for Douglas Luiz right at the end and was played as DCM so might see him in that position as opposed to CB or RB if don't get injuries.

Will surely start at Barrow in the league cup on Tuesday.
I'm assuming Ashley Young will be the first backup at RB, but IF Villa have told us he's first choice to backup both CB spots and Douglas Luiz at DM that's tough to argue with. 15-20 starts and training at Villa probably isn't worse than starting 40 Champo games.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Starts for Villa against Barrow on SS1 for anyone interested.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Starts for Villa against Barrow on SS1 for anyone interested.
Appreciate the heads up.

I've been accused of having a soft spot for him.

I quite rate Mings, even though I think he's a massive cnut, but that guy next to him looks bang average.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Appreciate the heads up.

I've been accused of having a soft spot for him.

I quite rate Mings, even though I think he's a massive cnut, but that guy next to him looks bang average.
Shouldn't be a big test for him tonight, would be great for his confidence if he can coast comfortably.

Alemar

Switched on the game - not just Tuanzebe is playing, but also Ashley Young :)

Status
Not open for further replies.