Axel Tuanzebe | 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If they're needing us to pay 20% of his modest salary, there's no way they're going to afford £8m are they? What a brain dead loan move this would be. The Turkish league won't even raise his profile much in terms of his value. Not to mention after the loan, he'd only have a year left on his contract, which means we'll sell him for peanuts. Stupid club, run by utterly stupid people.
How informed are you in the options available, and process followed in finding a loan for Axel? Stop talking shit. Just go and find a ‘well run club’ and follow them.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
How informed are you in the options available, and process followed in finding a loan for Axel? Stop talking shit. Just go and find a ‘well run club’ and follow them.
So you think the decisions we’ve made the past 10 years have been that of a club who’s been well run? Really?

Yeah I’m ordering my Liverpool shirt as we speak, thanks Rozay, with those levels of genius, you’d fit right in with those running the clubs it seems.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So you think the decisions we’ve made the past 10 years have been that of a club who’s been well run? Really?

Yeah I’m ordering my Liverpool shirt as we speak, thanks Rozay, with those levels of genius, you’d fit right in with those running the clubs it seems.
Some of them have, some of them haven’t. I also think they have no relevance on Axel’s future, nor do I think you have any idea at all of the summations you have made surrounding it.

Naturally, if there is more money on the table for Axel, we would prefer to take that. Naturally, if we could loan him to a club with greater profile that would give him games and raise his profile, we would take that. Naturally, if we were faced with the choice of loaning Axel to Trabzonspor or selling him for £55m, we would choose the latter. You haven’t a clue how this decision, if at all it is a decision, has been arrived at. What serves zero purpose is Axel staying here and running down his contract, not playing and collecting full salary from us. Which I’m guessing is what we should do, while we wait for AC Milan to submit an offer of loan with an obligation to buy for £25m?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Some of them have, some of them haven’t. I also think they have no relevance on Axel’s future, nor do I think you have any idea at all of the summations you have made surrounding it.

Naturally, if there is more money on the table for Axel, we would prefer to take that. Naturally, if we could loan him to a club with greater profile that would give him games and raise his profile, we would take that. Naturally, if we were faced with the choice of loaning Axel to Trabzonspor or selling him for £55m, we would choose the latter. You haven’t a clue how this decision, if at all it is a decision, has been arrived at. What serves zero purpose is Axel staying here and running down his contract, not playing and collecting full salary from us. Which I’m guessing is what we should do, while we wait for AC Milan to submit an offer of loan with an obligation to buy for £25m?
I think there’s also an element of decency here. If you claim to be a club which promotes and develops youth, then part of that must surely include helping out talented players who will make it as a player but aren’t at Utd level. Now obviously if someone offers £55m (Klopp would’ve got £60m) then the decency part goes out of the window. But I’m sure for the current crop of youngsters at Utd it would be good to see that the club are still trying to support those who weren’t quite good enough.

Red_toad

Where is he? What he's doing? What is he going to do this season?
Are you moaning on another thread now? If you're so concerned go find him on twitter and see if you can find some hints. Working hard in training last I saw of him. Might be over in Turkey as he was linked to a club over there last week, who knows.

Mickson

Are you moaning on another thread now? If you're so concerned go find him on twitter and see if you can find some hints. Working hard in training last I saw of him. Might be over in Turkey as he was linked to a club over there last week, who knows.
When?

Tallis

This guy is fast and strong. And has been relatively injury free for the last season. Not sure why he can’t progress to becoming a proper CB.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
United - the club where players just disappear.
It's not the first time, even better players had their periods where club basically hides it for private/whatever reasons.

Oranges038

It's not the first time, even better players had their periods where club basically hides it for private/whatever reasons.
Period is once a month though. What's he at for the other 3 weeks?

Gandalf

Surprised championship team hadn’t gone for a loan for him.
I think he is in the final year of his contract although there might be a +1 we could activate. We were fairly clear from early in the window that we are past the point of loans with Axel and just want to sell him and there were stories back in July that Brighton amongst others were interested but that seemed to come to nothing. More recently he was meant to be in discussions with Trabzonspor but that has gone very quiet over the last few days. I do think he will be gone before the deadline but we may end up giving him away and Chong also, neither has generated the bids we wanted or is likely to play this season so a nominal fee and a sell on clause might be the best we can hope for.

TheGame

I think he is in the final year of his contract although there might be a +1 we could activate. We were fairly clear from early in the window that we are past the point of loans with Axel and just want to sell him and there were stories back in July that Brighton amongst others were interested but that seemed to come to nothing. More recently he was meant to be in discussions with Trabzonspor but that has gone very quiet over the last few days. I do think he will be gone before the deadline but we may end up giving him away and Chong also, neither has generated the bids we wanted or is likely to play this season so a nominal fee and a sell on clause might be the best we can hope for.
Yep agree with that. Important to sell players who obviously aren't going to feature. Surprised anyone hasn't put in a bid then as he would be available on the cheap.

Marwood

He left the pre season tour early, which looked like a move away was happening.

That didn't happen so I think the personal reasons explanation must have been true. Probably the same reason he's still nowhere to be seen.

SAFMUTD

He'll join the Fosu Mensah team, a player that seemed good because he had great physical skills while he was a youngster but was never up to it.

Alemar

Would be good to sell him somewhere: a transfer window is still open for a few days in Turkey, Russia and a few other locations.

Chief123

What’s the script with this kid? He looked like some light of hope in the few appearances he made including a MOTM performance against Mbappe, Neymar and co.

Is he going to make it? Seems to have had some unsuccessful loan spells and injury problems.

Mickson

Is he injured?
Nobody knows. Personally, I think it's shameless by the club what's going on with Tuanzebe and Williams. We pay big money to watch the team, follow them and support them. We, at least, deserve to know if a player is available or not and what is happening with them.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Nobody knows. Personally, I think it's shameless by the club what's going on with Tuanzebe and Williams. We pay big money to watch the team, follow them and support them. We, at least, deserve to know if a player is available or not and what is happening with them.
Well, he needs to be asked what is the situation with the pair of them and what exactly are the injuries and predicted recovery time. Not least now that we see Dalot playing every match and we have two centre backs out.

Gandalf

He quite specifically stated both Tuanzebe and Williams had longer term injuries in answer to this a few weeks ago and it was made clear they were not going to be available before the break for the World Cup. I don't think there is any reason why he should be expected to explain the nature of the injuries or discuss their prognosis as that is not his job.

Marwood

He quite specifically stated both Tuanzebe and Williams had longer term injuries in answer to this a few weeks ago and it was made clear they were not going to be available before the break for the World Cup. I don't think there is any reason why he should be expected to explain the nature of the injuries or discuss their prognosis as that is not his job.
Did he actually say "injured" or something like "unavailable"

Gandalf

Did he actually say "injured" or something like "unavailable"
It was in connection with a number of players that were ruled out ahead of the transfer window closing and he mentioned Williams, Tuanzebe and Mengi amongst others as staying at the club because they were injured and unable to play. I cannot recall the exact wording but the implication was that they would be unlikely to play until the season resumes after Qatar but there was no specific detail given of the nature of their injuries.

Marwood

It was in connection with a number of players that were ruled out ahead of the transfer window closing and he mentioned Williams, Tuanzebe and Mengi amongst others as staying at the club because they were injured and unable to play. I cannot recall the exact wording but the implication was that they would be unlikely to play until the season resumes after Qatar but there was no specific detail given of the nature of their injuries.
The wording I've heard has been quite vague.

These long term injured players, who we can't get an update on, don't know what the injury is, just happen to be the fringe players likely to leave.

I think there's something else going on. Players refused to leave or something and now completely excluded.

Red00012

Some people bothered about an injury for a player who won’t get on the bench for us this season never mind wear the Utd jersey again

Status
Not open for further replies.