Axel Tuanzebe - Loan Watch (Napoli)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Been telling anyone that would listen for years that all of this including him in starting lineups and other over expectations were totally baseless. He’s been average at best his entire senior career, and will soon be 25. He cannot start next season as a United player.

Redlyn

Why did he even go to Napoli. He needs to be playing for a bottom half club with limited CB options to get enough game time.

Hope we don't hold on to him. Need to sell before we lose another player for less than a bag of crisps.

Gandalf

I am sure he will be sold this summer but we won't get much and it is probable that the only serious offers will be from Championship clubs. His last couple of loans have really found him out at the top level and the fact he couldn't crack the Napoli side even when Koulibaly was away at AFCON is an indication of how out of his depth he is and what a stupid loan it was.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Unfortunate, but should have moved on a while ago already. Had a lot of early promise - especially as a youth team player, but never fulfilled that promise. Combination of injuries or just being a tad overrated, I guess.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We aim too high with too many of our loans and then they don't get games. He should be in the Championship.

CraftySoAndSo

Barely played and wasn't signed to be one either. Best if he was sold this summer, no idea where to though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’ll be 25 in November and he’s played 85 matches of senior football.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
We ruined his development. The season he helped Villa get promoted, we should have let them loan him again (they wanted to but we rejected this offer). That type of experience is invaluable for a player that age. Instead we hardly gave him any minutes for the next two years.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
We ruined his development. The season he helped Villa get promoted, we should have let them loan him again (they wanted to but we rejected this offer). That type of experience is invaluable for a player that age. Instead we hardly gave him any minutes for the next two years.
I agree we should have never brought him back as he wasn’t good enough to do anything but sit on the bench at the time.

But when you see his agent and brother talking shit about the club and blaming nonsense like Gerrard being from Liverpool for his shit performances and inability to get a game you realize he’s just another joker with no responsibility so who gives a feck.

His move to Napoli was an ego move with his agent and unsurprisingly he hasn’t been able to get a game there either because he isn’t good enough. Hopefully he can fill his ego with another move in the summer.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Yeah, that was his chance to find his footing in the game and play somewhere he was starting to be appreciated. We have done him, and so many others, a massive disservice with the quality of coaching we have provided.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I agree we should have never brought him back as he wasn’t good enough to do anything but sit on the bench at the time.

But when you see his agent and brother talking shit about the club and blaming nonsense like Gerrard being from Liverpool for his shit performances and inability to get a game you realize he’s just another joker with no responsibility so who gives a feck.

His move to Napoli was an ego move with his agent and unsurprisingly he hasn’t been able to get a game there either because he isn’t good enough. Hopefully he can fill his ego with another move in the summer.
You’re talking about this season. Villa wanted him back the season they were promoted (I think the 19/20 season). We rejected this and let him sit on the bench which was a stupid decision.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Pique sat on the bench behind Rio, Vidic and Wes Brown and his career did not go off the rails because of that. Tuanzebe had every opportunity to push for a starting spot and instead made mistakes on every occasion, except that one game in Paris.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
You’re talking about this season. Villa wanted him back the season they were promoted (I think the 19/20 season). We rejected this and let him sit on the bench which was a stupid decision.
No, I’m talking overall hence why I said I agree about it being wrong to bring him back then because he wasn’t good enough to play. (Wasn’t fit enough either)

My second paragraph is about this season and his pathetic attitude which shows nobody should give a feck as he was never going to make it anyway, even if we did give him the extra season at Villa initially.

Revaulx

I’m really sorry that he’s yet another one to have developed an entitled attitude. He always seemed an intelligent and sensible chap.

Another one United have held onto for too long.

VanDeBank

Ma’am

He actually did get a game at Napoli. The first or 2nd game after he came over on loan. Disaster.
The clown lives in his own reality.

We'd be lucky to get 5 million.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Injuries ruined his development, had he been fit he'd of played in the 20/21 season

Revaulx

What makes you think that?
Well, maybe not him personally, but his agent has been slagging off United and his brother has said that Gerrard froze him out at Villa because he's a United player. The Villa fans I know loved him in his first stint there, but said he'd been very poor in the early part of this season and thoroughly deserved being benched.

There's no doubt that United's handling of players on loan isn't great; look at Pellestri. In any case, if a player has reached the grand old age of 24 and can't get games at United, he's probably never going to make it here and needs moving on for his own good.

Jibbs

Should have been sold to Villa that year.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Should be sold.. 15m-20m is a fair fee for him.
Absolutely no chance of that at all. I think you’d be lucky to get 3 million. He’s a Championship defender right now. He’s never really had a good 90 minutes in the Premier League has he? (Maybe 1-2 but I’ve never seen him play well).

Abraxas

I'm not sure we "ruined his career", that's nonsense. At the moment it seems the club get blamed for absolutely everything.

He's had injury after injury and also he has to be responsible for his own lack of performance and willingness to take his career into his own hands. You don't get to 25 with such little football behind you without a bit of bad luck and a bit of failure to take initiative.

I think he needs to go to a top division club somewhere where he's got a realistic chance of football. Napoli was never that.

micmac

I remember when certain YouTube sensationalists and other fans were thinking he was the best thing since sliced bread after one performance….the guy is an injury prone flop and dare I say it, so is Bailly.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Why are people shitting on him? He was a super promising player in our academy, Mourinho name checked him and said he only needed to watch him for a few minutes to realise he was going to make it. He had an outstanding performance after not playing for ages away at PSG where he was up against the best forward in the world. The only thing that's held him back are injuries and bad loan-management. Such a shame.

Remember the geese

Why are people shitting on him? He was a super promising player in our academy, Mourinho name checked him and said he only needed to watch him for a few minutes to realise he was going to make it. He had an outstanding performance after not playing for ages away at PSG where he was up against the best forward in the world. The only thing that's held him back are injuries and bad loan-management. Such a shame.
I echo this. He really was a terrific talent. I was excited about what he could be for us. It's disappointing. Like most of the last decade.

SoCross

Ok…so no progress it is. Thanks for all the updates guys.

Tallis

Defense is a little tricky - CBs don’t get rotated as much. Should really try to find a club where he was almost guaranteed being a starter. I think he has potential - injuries and bad loan moves unfortunately have meant that he hasn’t had the opportunity to develop.

hobbers

Another one on the never ending conveyor belt of hugely overhyped academy products who’s careers predictably go absolutely nowhere. But we still give them long contracts on stupid wages, relative to their ability.

And so they end up still here at 25, rather than somewhere at their level like Luton or Derby or whatever.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Another one on the never ending conveyor belt of hugely overhyped academy products who’s careers predictably go absolutely nowhere. But we still give them long contracts on stupid wages, relative to their ability.

And so they end up still here at 25, rather than somewhere at their level like Luton or Derby or whatever.
It has been a bit of a problem.