Backing Harry Maguire in this tough time would be a true test of Ole

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Still our best CB not only currently but also since probably Rio and Vidic. And most probably in the next few years as well as I don’t trust us to buy a better CB who at the same time can manage to stay fit for longer than 2 1/2 games.
Oh and the sooner the club gets rid off Bailly the better. We don’t need another Jones who will be eligible for a testimonial without hardly playing for us.

Web of Bissaka

Still our best CB not only currently but also since probably Rio and Vidic. And most probably in the next few years as well as I don’t trust us to buy a better CB who at the same time can manage to stay fit for longer than 2 1/2 games.
Oh and the sooner the club gets rid off Bailly the better. We don’t need another Jones who will be eligible for a testimonial without hardly playing for us.
Sad when we think about it since Mag isn't really that good.
Still, I agree he's our best overall CB post Rio + Vidic.

That said, if we're only talking about specific season performances, then I'll say Smalling 15/16 and Rojo 16/17 as better than any of Maguire's two seasons so far.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Another Harry Maguire thread but this will be a positive one. Unlike other knee jerkers I do not believe his captaincy should be stripped or anything. Every player has dips. I have never seen Harry play as bad as this making basic errors and so I'm confident this is an aberration in otherwise solid career.

Harry Maguire is class and he will come good for us as captain. Somehow because Roy Keane (one of our best captains) was good at shouting people seem to think the shouting is what makes someone a good player to lead. Share all the stupid 30 second clips you want. Maguire will see this through!
I, along with others who backed Harry, are proud of our stance now. He's our backbone. :cool: