Bad Berba's Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsville

He is not the right striker for us, it just has'nt worked out for him, everyone can see that, including SAF, we officially tried to sign firstly benzema 2 Summers ago and then david villa the Summer just gone, the only reason he is still here is because we just could'nt get the players we wanted to replace him. Imagine scoring a hattrick against liverpool and still not being a hero, that says it all really. All we can do is try to get some contribution out of him by keeping his fragile condfidence up until we can finally land a more dynamic striker that better suits our style.

CallyRed

It was one of those nights for him

Having come off the back of scoring 5 goals in his last game, you would have expected him to score a couple of the chances he had last night, i wouldnt have said it was unlucky he didnt score, i think a few times he made some poor choices when on goal and his choice of placement of shots were far too easy for the keeper.

finneh

The main problem I have is everyone is forever telling me "he just needs a goal to get his confidence back", then after he scores he is equally as bad the game after as the game before. It seems to me confidence has absolutely no effect on his play, he is just a consistantly inconsistant forward player who to be fair disappears frequently in most big games.

He is not the right striker for us, it just has'nt worked out for him, everyone can see that, including SAF, we officially tried to sign firstly benzema 2 Summers ago and then david villa the Summer just gone, the only reason he is still here is because we just could'nt get the players we wanted to replace him.
Spot on.

Care_de_Bobo

He is not the right striker for us, it just has'nt worked out for him, everyone can see that, including SAF, we officially tried to sign firstly benzema 2 Summers ago and then david villa the Summer just gone, the only reason he is still here is because we just could'nt get the players we wanted to replace him. Imagine scoring a hattrick against liverpool and still not being a hero, that says it all really. All we can do is try to get some contribution out of him by keeping his fragile condfidence up until we can finally land a more dynamic striker that better suits our style.
I blame the fans not Berbatov, he played well against Valencia but just didn't score. It's not as if any of his chances were easy, I'd be more worried if he wasn't getting into the positions in the first place.

He's a top, top player and I love watching him play. He's capable of things not many others in the world are capable of and I don't see any need to criticise him for his performances this season, even when he wasn't scoring he was still doing well especially considering he wasn't paired with another experienced forward.

Our 'fans' really piss me off sometimes. I still remember his home debut against Bolton and some of the fans around me already started getting on his back even then.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
What rubbish.

This is almost as bad as the newbies, who are using yesterdays performance as a platform for Berbatov to leave, arguing it's the final nail in his coffin.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I blame the fans not Berbatov, he played well against Valencia but just didn't score. It's not as if any of his chances were easy, I'd be more worried if he wasn't getting into the positions in the first place.

He's a top, top player and I love watching him play. He's capable of things not many others in the world are capable of and I don't see any need to criticise him for his performances this season, even when he wasn't scoring he was still doing well especially considering he wasn't paired with another experienced forward.

Our 'fans' really piss me off sometimes. I still remember his home debut against Bolton and some of the fans around me already started getting on his back even then.
Whaa??? they were very easy actually.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
He's top scorer in the league, we've just qualified top of our group, if we win our game in hand we go back to the top of the league. Yeah it's really not working out for Berbatov this season....

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia

I was at the match and he had 3 excellent chances. I coach at under 16 level and I would expect one of my players to finish one of those opportunities minimum. They were excellent chances, especially the one in the second half 1v1 with the keeper.

He isn't good enough. There is no point scoring 5 against Blackburn then being piss poor the next match. Not only did he miss chances last night but he was caught on the ball far to often and he's ponderous nature slowed down the attack. Berbatov and Carrick were by far the worst players on the pitch. And when I say not good enough I mean consistently. There is no doubting his class. He is similar to Di Canio in that respect. Clearly a trememdous gift, but never produced it consistently which is why he was never at a big club. Berbatov is at a big club, the biggest, and he hasn't been good enough.

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
He's top scorer in the league, we've just qualified top of our group, if we win our game in hand we go back to the top of the league. Yeah it's really not working out for Berbatov this season....
That's a pathetic attempt to justify his worth. 8 goals from 2 matches makes the stats look very good but that does not, as you know paint the true picture. His most valuable contribution this season was his hat-trick against Liverpool, and a very good game he had. But the 10 matches between then and his 5 goals against Blackburn tell you more about him than that.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
That's a pathetic attempt to justify his worth. 8 goals from 2 matches makes the stats look very good but that does not, as you know paint the true picture. His most valuable contribution this season was his hat-trick against Liverpool, and a very good game he had. But the 10 matches between then and his 5 goals against Blackburn tell you more about him than that.
Yes they do. His match winning contribution against Stoke certainly told me alot more about Berbatovs play. He suffered through a virus in those few weeks, and still contributed well to the team. He should have won a penalty against Rangers as well.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
the berba-flop haters is back...
I think it's harsh to criticise him for anything other than his finishing last night. His all round game was very good imo.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Yep, he was pretty good apart from the rubbish finishing. As Fergie said, he was unlucky today, on another night he might have put three away easily.

A load of rubbish to say he had a poor game. His finishing wasn't upto standard, but his general play was encouraging.

RK

Berbatov was excellent in terms of getting in the right positions. Strikers just have those days of misses.

As long as he looks like he could score, that's fine.

Plan M

Berbatov is class and is settling nicely with Rooney up-front.

He's had bad games this season but who hasn't?

Isn't he one of the top scorers in the league btw?

A grade

The Languid One
Lurking in Berba's receeding hairline, stroking my
I was at the match and he had 3 excellent chances. I coach at under 16 level and I would expect one of my players to finish one of those opportunities minimum. They were excellent chances, especially the one in the second half 1v1 with the keeper.

He isn't good enough. There is no point scoring 5 against Blackburn then being piss poor the next match. Not only did he miss chances last night but he was caught on the ball far to often and he's ponderous nature slowed down the attack. Berbatov and Carrick were by far the worst players on the pitch. And when I say not good enough I mean consistently. There is no doubting his class. He is similar to Di Canio in that respect. Clearly a trememdous gift, but never produced it consistently which is why he was never at a big club. Berbatov is at a big club, the biggest, and he hasn't been good enough.
We all expect strikers to put away chances, 'easy' or not. Sometimes it doesn't happen. Btw, Berba is quite a bit more talented than Di Canio. West Ham supporters always have appreciated Di Canio though. One day, United supporters will start appreciating Berba. A lot already do.

Anyways, good luck coaching the under 16s, hope you have a Crouchie they can hoof it to.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
He played well, his linking up with Rooney is looking excellent and Anderson seems to be getting in on the action too. Which is why he didn't score yesterday incidentally - when Anderson scores, something strange is occuring. No luck for Berbs. I'd say the shot in the second half one on one was actually a good one, just met with an excellent save by the keeper. The first half chance where he tried to dribble round the keeper was a poorer effort to me, but again the keeper did very well.

I think there are plenty of people that have made their mind up on him, essentially, and won't back down from their opinion. It's perhaps to be expected since it's now his third season with us and cost such a large amount, but I really don't see the harm in just being positive about him and his chances to succeed. No fan has any choice in whether he stays or goes, so criticising him at every turn isn't going to sooner turf him out the club than any other way. If he's on form, we want him on our team. I'm beginning to worry that some people don't want him to hit form because it clashes with their stated opinions.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I thought in general Berbatov was a bit disappointing yesterday, to be honest. Got involved quite a lot but was unusually sloppy with some of his play - his Carrick-esque backpass being the only truly dangerous peice of it though - and his finishing obviously wasn't quite right.

I know people appreciate him getting involved because it makes it seem like he's trying harder but there's a lot of times when he "wasn't trying" that I thought he was a lot better than yesterday. I see no use in him getting involved if it's in the wrong way.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I thought in general Berbatov was a bit disappointing yesterday, to be honest. Got involved quite a lot but was unusually sloppy with some of his play - his Carrick-esque backpass being the only truly dangerous peice of it though - and his finishing obviously wasn't quite right.

I know people appreciate him getting involved because it makes it seem like he's trying harder but there's a lot of times when he "wasn't trying" that I thought he was a lot better than yesterday. I see no use in him getting involved if it's in the wrong way.
Yeah I thought he was disappointing yesterday as well. Wasn't his usual self in the build up and his finishing was awful. He's obviously a good player, it's whether he can take it to a new level and contribute heavily on a more consistent basis and be a great player.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Berbatov is good at his link up play this season but I don't think he's ever been a consistent finisher. Even in his Tottenham days. Somedays everything he touches hits the net and other days he couldn't hit a vagina in a room full of naked women.

As long as his all round play remains the level it has been thus far this year I'd be happy to see him start.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Berbatov is good at his link up play this season but I don't think he's ever been a consistent finisher. Even in his Tottenham days. Somedays everything he touches hits the net and other days he couldn't hit a vagina in a room full of naked women.

As long as his all round play remains the level it has been thus far this year I'd be happy to see him start.
Only problem is he has a terrific international goal scoring record which is confusing, but then I think so does Peter Crouch.

Commadus

I wanted to say that Berba goal against Birmingham was as good as his 5 against Blackburn in terms of getting us points in a hard game but that fecking Ref screwed that up. Defence played well, midfield and attack was disjointed but a bit of brilliance from Berba should have given us 3 points only for a disgrace of a ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.