Bailly and Lindelof

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Their first start as a pair in a competitive game. Think this has potential. Compliment each other well in my opinion. Also, like that they did not hoof it at every opportunity when they were under pressure.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
They looked a bit shaky IMO. Not fully confident yet.

Judas

Open to offers
Good early signs, I'd like us to stick with it and see how it goes honestly because why the hell not. They weren't perfect, there were obviously some shaky moments, but its totally to be expected.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Baillys potential could be spotted by Stevie Wonder (apologies to any blind folk reading this, no offence), Lindelof’s is a bit more more of a grower than a shower but I think the growth is obvious and given a couple of seasons and okemty if games we will really come to appreciate him.

Lindelof is my “surprise of 18/19”. Think he will be a fan and media favourite by Christmas.

Minimalist

Well if you want ball playing centre-backs - they're definitely the best we've got.

NinjaFletch

Hope Bailly gets a full season under him because he still looks awfully like the promising but raw player we first signed.

Conversely, Lindelof could do with getting on the Sean Dyche gravel and worms diet. He's a big enough lad but seems to polite to really throw himself around.

el3mel

Looked pretty well but against a team depending on crosses Smalling will need to be thrown in somewhere.

BlueHaze

Bailly is world class tbh, rock solid but his injuries and the knocks he picks up are a little worrying for me. I really hope he can stay injury free this season. I think Lindelöf has potential but still believe Bailly and Smalling is the best partnership for now. A healthy Bailly and Maguire would be something else.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Surprised some are saying they were shaky. I thought they were generally quite good today.

The big worry of course is aerial balls. Both of them are weak in the air so if we come up against a proper target man (or even just a team who has attackers with good movement to get on the end of crosses) they really could be in trouble.

Canagel

We need to stick with this partnership. It has potential. Let's give them a sustained run of games. People have put up with Smalling and Jones for the last 7 years. Let's be patient.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Baillys potential could be spotted by Stevie Wonder (apologies to any blind folk reading this, no offence), Lindelof’s is a bit more of a grower than a shower but I think the growth is obvious and given a couple of seasons and okemty if games we will really come to appreciate him.

Lindelof is my “surprise of 18/19”. Think he will be a fan and media favourite by Christmas.
Feck off :lol:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Iheanacho bought the ball down a tad too easily v Lindelof at times today.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Bailly is probably the best partner for Lindelof as he's got the best recovery game of all our CB's. Lindelof looks fine until he comes under pressure. If he's going to make it here (I think he can), it'll be playing alongside Bailly.

On paper, their games suit one another - it's just whether or not Lindelof can adapt to the league, and Bailly stay fit.

ash_86

Leicester got lot of Set pieces and most were cleared easily. They need to start more

Strats

I thought they played well together. This is the first game of the season. Give them a few games together and I think they will be rock solid partnership

stu_1992

Thought there was some promise in this. They need a few games to see how they progress however. Give it time.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I thought that they both did fantastically well considering ones shit and ones a fecking crock ;)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Particularly love Bailly’s Cricket style Long Barrier technique. He’s used it for a long while and I think it’s under-utilised as a move.

Coops73

Bailly and Lindelof sounds like an 80s cop show, so I’m on board.

FujiVice

They're not perfect, but we sadly haven't got a perfect partnership. Looking at our options, its probably worth keeping them as a pair for the near future. They were bought due to their potential. This is the best time as any to show it.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Baillys potential could be spotted by Stevie Wonder (apologies to any blind folk reading this, no offence), Lindelof’s is a bit more more of a grower than a shower but I think the growth is obvious and given a couple of seasons and okemty if games we will really come to appreciate him.

:lol::lol:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Not really convinced by either of them right now, hopefully they develop into a real partnership.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Think that his lack of speed might be a problem, but yes, while Bailly is better at the moment, I think that Lindelof will have a better career.
Agree on the lack of Speed but I think Bailly lacks more. His recovery pace masks issues. Like a young Rio.

Bailly needs to stay fit and be good at what he's good at.

There's a real top talent in there with Lindelof. Will be interesting to see if he can get it together here.

Can absolutely see why Toby was needed to bring them both on.

kirk buttercup

Bailly is a nutter but a brick wall . Lindelof has confidence Issues but has alot of Talent . They are going to be good together

Cliche Guevara

Lindelof lacks a bit of aggression and still gets caught underneath the ball a bit too much. I do like him though.

I love Bailly.

I think we just need to give them games and let them develop. It’s all we can do. If we can bring in Toby on the cheap in January it might help them both through the business end of the season, or even in a back three. We just need to settle on them for a while, though, and see how it goes.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Bailly has all the hardness, bravery and no bullshit-ness (It's a word...) of Vidic but none of the nous that made him a great. He is David Luiz with none of the ball skills. Too much of a headcase, you need stability and you can't build a backline with his chaotic style.

Lindelof is pretty weak for a centre back but there's talent there.

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
You can’t have 2 liabilities on at the same time- Bailly is athletic enough that you can accept the odd brain fart but Lindelof is just not very good. I am biased though as I think Smalling is our best centre back.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Still to be convinced that Lindelof is better beside the mental but loveable Bailly than Smalling. But I'll give him a go.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Surprised some are saying they were shaky. I thought they were generally quite good today.

The big worry of course is aerial balls. Both of them are weak in the air so if we come up against a proper target man (or even just a team who has attackers with good movement to get on the end of crosses) they really could be in trouble.
I think their lack of prowess in the air is th reason people consider them to be shaky, it’s just a very obvious weakness for both of them.

Generally, I thought they did well together too.

United Pro

Lindelof isn't aggressive enough when defending against a ball passed into the opposition striker. He often lets the striker have the ball, which leads to the opposition having an outlet.

Promising signs for this partnership though.

LeftyBlaster

Yea I agree I thought they were solid. Couldn’t really pick who was better. Maybe Lindelof by a little.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Lindelof isn't aggressive enough when defending against a ball passed into the opposition striker. He often lets the striker have the ball, which leads to the opposition having an outlet.

Promising signs for this partnership though.
Bailly is aggressive enough for the both of them.

We have the makings of a quality partnership in our midst, they just have to stay fit.

Last edited: