Bale booing continues | Declining?

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
It has to do with their high standards. At least they're honest and upright with what they think instead of supportive hand claps by a couple of fans trying to look good by doing it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Hes thinking about the cash depositing into his account when he walks off the pitch. Don't think it bothers him at all.
I don't think footballers work like that. You may think they do because to a normal person the kind of money they make is obscene but once you get there, I would think they don't think about money they make for every single second of their career.

Drainy

I'm not sure we can claim the moral high ground when some of our fans mocked Fellaini; a player who always gives his best and even paid towards his own transfer fee to be here.

RoyH1

So what? It's not pub football. he get's paid, what? 300,000 quid a week and has been playing very poorly. No one gets hurt by being booed. If you want to shut them up , score 2 goals and they'll be happy again.

pacifictheme

They don't settle for mediocrity. Not like in England when they clap you for winning a throw in. They expect you to be world class every week. That's the breaks with them. If you don't like it then either perform or don't go there in the first place.
Yeah they're a bit more spoilt in madrid.

gibers

Saw the game and wasn't surprised. The worst player on the pitch from both sides. Literally did nothing. Benzema missed chances but at least he was passing and linking up well. Bale simply looked like a pub footballer, could barely trap the ball and it didn't help he was playing close to the likes of Luka, Kroos and Isco. Once El Kommander is fit Bale needs to see the bench. He has had at best a good year in total since he joined Madrid. He has looked out of his depth most of his time and the injuries never help because his saving grace is his pace which seems to have declined.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
After hanging onto an over the hill Rooney I really don't want us to be the ones paying him his retirement money. May be Real can leverage their "special relationship" with Spurs and send him back in a part exchange for Kane.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Bale really was atrocious last night. Definitely the worst performer on the pitch. Madrid looked so much better as soon as Vasquez came on. Noticeable difference in how Kroos, Modric and Kovacic fed Vasquez pretty much from the off and he did create some opportunities for them. Pretty telling that they almost always I gnored Bale in similar situations. Also, Bale looked lazy last night. Ridiculously lazy, even. No fight. No spirit. No wonder he's not the Madridistas flavour of the month with effort like that.

I really hope we're not the gullible ones to solve Madrid's problem for them.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
He seems to have tried to copy Ronaldo by bulking up and becoming a wall of muscle, but it's noticeably made him a worse player. He's been injury prone ever since joining Madrid and as others have said, his pace has decreased massively.

He doesn't offer anything to this team anymore as he's completely useless against a packed defence and not as good on the counter attack as Ronaldo, Benzema, Vasquez, Asensio and Isco.

Big money move back to the Premier League next summer I think. He's 28 now and still a huge star, it would be Madrid's best chance to make back the money they spent on him as I'm sure both Manchester clubs would be happy to spend big on him.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yeah he seems to be fading, not at all sure he is worth buying.

shield

Real Madrid fans are like that. Think the players are used to it or expect it. We don't have a culture like that and, frankly speaking, I don't like fans booing their own players. Think Bale is also returning from an injury and will be back to his best after a few matches. Going against your team when the result is against you does not look good. Also, I can understand it if the team is constantly underperforming or has glaring deficiencies like Arsenal, but that is not the case for Real. Think the manager, especially someone as good as Zidane, can tell who is underperforming and who is not. Real Madrid fans, booing their own player, hardly has any effect except make them appear as a spoilt bunch.

Rajma

If he decides to go we shouldn't be making Madrid any favours. From my point of view, any bids over £60M would be excessive all things considered (form, injury record, age, not being keen on Man Utd move ever before etc.).

dakingpin1999

He loves his life in spain and why should he move says his agent...

Last edited:

dakingpin1999

Hope they boo him more. For the money he is on he isnt consistent enough. They just want him out and havent really liked him since his move.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
It has to do with their high standards. At least they're honest and upright with what they think instead of supportive hand claps by a couple of fans trying to look good by doing it.
Booing people does not make them play better, it just makes them feel stressed and unhappy and causes their performance to decline. You can test this by playing some online multiplayer games and abusing your teammates when they play poorly. It inevitably causes a bigger slump in performance, whereas being supportive often leads to a performance rise.

TheReligion

Abusive
Real Madrid fans are like that. Think the players are used to it or expect it. We don't have a culture like that and, frankly speaking, I don't like fans booing their own players. Think Bale is also returning from an injury and will be back to his best after a few matches. Going against your team when the result is against you does not look good. Also, I can understand it if the team is constantly underperforming or has glaring deficiencies like Arsenal, but that is not the case for Real. Think the manager, especially someone as good as Zidane, can tell who is underperforming and who is not. Real Madrid fans, booing their own player, hardly has any effect except make them appear as a spoilt bunch.
Booing people does not make them play better, it just makes them feel stressed and unhappy and causes their performance to decline. You can test this by playing some online multiplayer games and abusing your teammates when they play poorly. It inevitably causes a bigger slump in performance, whereas being supportive often leads to a performance rise.
Agreed. Bizarre culture in Spain. No loyalty at all.

gaucho_10

People talk about pressure that comes with playing for Real Madrid and at the same time they are bewildered by the whistles at the Bernabeu.

Those same people think that some pundits and media criticizing players from afar is considered to be some sort of pressure environment for the player. That makes me laugh.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
People talk about pressure that comes with playing for Real Madrid and at the same time they are bewildered by the whistles at the Bernabeu.

Those same people think that some pundits and media criticizing players from afar is considered to be some sort of pressure environment for the player. That makes me laugh.
So, if I understand you correctly, booing a player is pointless. You're not applying pressure since they won't notice you? So you're just making a public spectacle of yourself.

Exactly.

And imagine being an adult making a noise like some missing link in public. Have a little dignity, you gibbons.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
They don't settle for mediocrity. Not like in England when they clap you for winning a throw in. They expect you to be world class every week. That's the breaks with them. If you don't like it then either perform or don't go there in the first place.
I laughed at that bit.

It's a weird one. Our fans got slated for boo'ing some of our players, like Fellaini and Nani. Madrid fans boo players like Ronaldo and Bale :lol:

I'm not saying which approach is right or wrong (though I don't think I ever have, or ever will, boo one of our own myself), but the standards there are remarkably high.

Nero

Always found it strange how fans here always applaud a pass back to the goalkeeper.

Utdstar01

Nobody should be booed by their own fans. However I did watch the first half last night and I didn't realise Bale was even playing until about half an hour in. Anonymous.

AshRK

He is wasting his career at madrid. Yes he has won multiple champions league but he will never be remembered as the man. He should have left last season or even this but he chose not to and he will regret it. He will be 29 next summer and spending £90m then would be very idiotic. We should not pursue him anymore. I can see him joining spurs again , hopefully we stay well clear from him.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
He is wasting his career at madrid. Yes he has won multiple champions league but he will never be remembered as the man. He should have left last season or even this but he chose not to and he will regret it. He will be 29 next summer and spending £90m then would be very idiotic. We should not pursue him anymore. I can see him joining spurs again , hopefully we stay well clear from him.
:eek:

Time flies

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He won multiple honours and plays with some of the best players in the world. Moreover he's bagged goals in important games including a CL final. He's hardly wasted his career there

gaucho_10

So, if I understand you correctly, booing a player is pointless. You're not applying pressure since they won't notice you? So you're just making a public spectacle of yourself.
You can keep that loser mentality for yourself (I'm sure your boss also cuddles you when you feck up at work) but you're not going to sell me that crap.

These guys are paid millions to play for the biggest club in the world at the world's biggest football stage, and the guy we're talking about here is also paid more then the highest paid player in EPL.
He also has a fixed spot in starting 11 from his first day at the club. The club gave him everything, so if he can't hack it, he should feck off back to EPL because he's not getting free rides here.