Bale booing continues | Declining?

Fenomeno9

I always say if you pay hard earn money to go to a game and don't like what you see on the pitch. It's well within your right to voice your displeasure.

The Argentinean

Supports
Supports compatriots in Europe
You can call madridistas spoiled, I call them ruthless. I like it. After winning 12 European cups, they have very high standards. Can't blame them for being spoiled

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I don't think anyone is denying that, but even then RFEF decided that Di Stefano could play for alternate clubs over the course of four years, starting with a season at Real.

Barca wanted none of that and made the decision to let the player go to Madrid.

Call it pride or call it stupidity, makes no difference. They had the possibility to alter the course of football history. They just didn't take it.
In which case my point holds true. I wasn't saying Real Madrid were successful because of Franco. I said a big part of their first 5 titles was due to Franco's involvement in opportune moments. Di Stefano being one of them. Without him I don't see Madrid being anywhere near as dominant, personally.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
:houllier:

I have never heard Nani getting booed.

Fellani a few times when he was absolutely atrocious.
Nani and Fellaini have both been booed. Pretty sure we booed Giggs once, or at least ironically cheered him getting substituted.

ThanksBoss26

Nani and Fellaini have both been booed. Pretty sure we booed Giggs once, or at least ironically cheered him getting substituted.
I was at the game when Nani was, at home to Stoke. The booing's not for me but Jesus, he was absolutely abysmal that day.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
You can call madridistas spoiled, I call them ruthless. I like it. After winning 12 European cups, they have very high standards. Can't blame them for being spoiled
So rich kids who always have the nicest toys bought for them are ok for being little brats too? Blurg.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I've never really understood all the outrage about it.

Multi-millionaires hearing a few boos from the stands while (miss)kicking a ball. I honestly think they'll survive, don't worry.

I know I'd happily trade places. It's not like they get boo'ed all the time either. Only when they play like absolute shit and the team doesn't win.

arnie_ni

He's an astonishing athlete when fully tuned and was consistently capable of some extraordinary things for Spurs for a couple of years and then sporadically for Madrid. But in god given talent terms, Bale probably falls short of what most spoilt educated Madridistas expect for 80 million.
Thats all he his. He doesn't have skill like a Ronaldo or messi. He's just pace and power with a a good shot. Once he slows down a bit he won't be good at all.

To get past players he knocks the ball past them and sprints round them. No skill

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I always say if you pay hard earn money to go to a game and don't like what you see on the pitch. It's well within your right to voice your displeasure.
I guess it's fair play to act like a consumer when the club treats you like one. Throws the whole "supporter" label out the window though.

I prefer the approach of our away fans, at the 4-0 drubbing we received from Chelsea last season (just an example). They had every right to boo by your post, but they didn't.

Hojoon

But it's your decision to pay the money, no one forced you to, and you know when you pay the money that anything can happen in a good way or bad way. For what it's worth I don't think Bale or anyone playing for Real will remember the boos 5 minutes after the game because that's the culture there and the shock value is zero.

SATA

It's a real pity that injuries have got the better of Bale who is only reaching 29. Was absolutely devastating in the Prem with Spurs, dare i say even better than Eden Hazard at his best

What a player

AshRK

He won multiple honours and plays with some of the best players in the world. Moreover he's bagged goals in important games including a CL final. He's hardly wasted his career there
I never said he wasted his career by going to madrid but I said right now by overstaying he is wasting. He has become a burden to them for last season or two. He should have left them now and created a legacy with another club too but he has missed that opportunity. Whatever we may think about him but he is a top top player who deserves much more recognition. By overstaying at a team where he hardly will be the guy he has not done justice to his talents.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's a real pity that injuries have got the better of Bale who is only reaching 29. Was absolutely devastating in the Prem with Spurs, dare i say even better than Eden Hazard at his best

What a player
Absolutely.

I never said he wasted his career by going to madrid but I said right now by overstaying he is wasting. He has become a burden to them for last season or two. He should have left them now and created a legacy with another club too but he has missed that opportunity. Whatever we may think about him but he is a top top player who deserves much more recognition. By overstaying at a team where he hardly will be the guy he has not done justice to his talents.
We fans overrate legacy. He's a millionaire and has medals in his cupboard. I think he's good for the most part.

AshRK

We fans overrate legacy. He's a millionaire and has medals in his cupboard. I think he's good for the most part.
Yes we may overrate and yes it is his personal choice and he has take a safer choice by continuing to stay at a club where he will continue to win trophies but I still think he should have tried to return to premier league and fulfill his talent even more.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
They don't settle for mediocrity. Not like in England when they clap you for winning a throw in. They expect you to be world class every week. That's the breaks with them. If you don't like it then either perform or don't go there in the first place.
It has to be said; booing your own team is a diplorable cultural trait that is common in Spain.

In Anglo Saxon countries, they support their team's through tough times. Do you think in Australia or the US they boo their teams if they are having an off-day? No chance.

Shuriken

You do know that that is a Barcelona forum, right? And that, well, it's hard for them to ever be objective about anything Madrid.
No, I actually did not know it's a Barcelona-forum. Pretty clear that it is though, now that I browsed the rest of the site. I hadn't even reacted on the colours in the header. Come to think of it, I did find the site by searching Google for Kubala + Di Stefano, so… yeah. Just didn't connect the dots, was only interested in reading the story.

Now I'll have to cross-reference multiple other sources to find out the closest thing to the truth.

Even though the real truth will never be known.

RoyH1

It has to be said; booing your own team is a diplorable cultural trait that is common in Spain.

In Anglo Saxon countries, they support their team's through tough times. Do you think in Australia or the US they boo their teams if they are having an off-day? No chance.
Typical Anglo-Saxon condescension. In the US I've seen fans not only booing, but showing up with paperbags on their heads when their team is consistently bad. I don't know enough about Australia to comment on them.

ravi2

he looks like the shadow of the player who left tottenham, madrid should have sold him this summer

ravi2

We have lost the moral high ground to criticize Real Madrid fans or any other friends for that matter after the Sir Alex Ferguson era.
We have our self criticized our players to the level which was not seen before on this forum, we have also booed Nani and Fellaini numerous times whether they were coming on to the field or coming off the field.
I am sorry but we have lost the moral high ground to criticize fans of other clubs for the behaviour that we have seen our set of fans do very often these past 4 years.

speak for yourself

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So Franco had no role whatsoever in the di Stéfano signing?
Franco himself didn't. A high ranking official of his regime might have. Franco didn't like football and didn't care for it until after real madrid won their first two back-to-back european cups and became famous worldwide for it

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Shite fans. Don't like Real Madrid at all.

Walters_19_MuFc

But then you've got to think, is this going to make the player you're booing perform better or will it shatter his confidence?

I guess it can be both, but part n parcel of being a fan is to support your players through good and bad, because a player never goes out onto the pitch to play badly.

Z_Wolf

But then you've got to think, is this going to make the player you're booing perform better or will it shatter his confidence?

I guess it can be both, but part n parcel of being a fan is to support your players through good and bad, because a player never goes out onto the pitch to play badly.
It seems to work, atleast in their case anyway. They are the best team around.

dbs235

I think the opposite. If you don't like what you see, stop wasting your money on it.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
They were booing him while he was coming out, so that might been the best time to do it and get the message sent. I'm also reluctant to boo some of our players, but when watching the game and all of those Benzema misses I couldn't help to curse a lot, then at the end it was just hysterical laughing. :lol:

However back to Bale what I would hope to achieve with this is that Zidane doesn't take that long to sub him off when he's playing* like that, Bale needs to keep playing to regain form but in that game we needed Vázquez to enter a lot sooner.

As for the booing even Ramos think it isn't a big deal and it might help to keep the players in touch.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I probably woke up the whole block after that benzema miss. Needless to say, i wasn't shouting him encouragement :lol:

Enjuto

Supports
Real Madrid
Booing players are not doing their best is part of spanish football culture.
Bale shouldn't be in starting 11 and RM supporters are also sending a message to Zidane: we prefer Isco/Asensio than Bale.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He is so bad has no future there. We should stay away, faster decline than Rooney
Absolutely.

Did he get booed today as well?

AndyJ1985

He'll only get worse from here, and at £600k a week Real Madrid will find it difficult to shift him.