Bale.... or Willian

Status
Not open for further replies.

RepardReece

Bale has those explosive qualities that can get something special out of seemingly nothing. If he can stay fit. I think we could be a lot more lethal with Sanchez and Bale attacking from wide.

Ronaldo doesn't really fit into our squad any more. He's better as a striker now, the focal point of the attack, and no way do we bench Lukaku. Least likely option, driven more by sentiment I think.

Willian is the more likely of the three, Jose knows and trusts him, he would work hard and give us the width down the right that we really need. He would be cheaper, too. Just wouldn't feel like a very inspired signing.
Thing is with Lukaku, at many points towards the end of this season and especially when we had his goal drought, he rarely went into the box. Don't get me wrong, he's in there a lot, but then a lot of the time he's on his own in there as well. I can see Ronaldo being up there when Lukaku decides to drop back slightly, or being in there with him. Could work. I would like to see Ronny back at United at some point but would be hard to implement him in our current squad.

Going back to realism, I'd prefer Bale over Willian if he decides his times up at Real Madrid.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bale without any doubt. I like Willian but I don't really fancy buying other rivals players if we can help it.

Bale is hungry and wants to show he's the real deal after being benched, I think he would be brilliant for us.

el3mel

Bale any day for me. Even if he played only 30 matches per season, he'll be worth it.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Willian. Not only because of his footballing ability, but financially, we will be able to afford another attacking midfielder to replace Martial or Mata if one or both choose to leave. So with Willian, we can get Sessegnon, Leon Bailey, Pulisic, lee seung woo or Kluivet as well.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Crazy the number of United fans who do not want us to sign the best player (at least top 5 depending on your view) ever.

Real will not sell him, but Ronaldo alone puts us above St Pep.

Alfie092

Crazy the number of United fans who do not want us to sign the best player (at least top 5 depending on your view) ever.

You think we can supply him enough to get to at least 40-45 goals next season if he was to sign for United?

Daniel Moore

Bale without any doubt. I like Willian but I don't really fancy buying other rivals players if we can help it.

Bale is hungry and wants to show he's the real deal after being benched, I think he would be brilliant for us.
When theyre our rivals better players such as matic/Willian I think you'd be crazy not to

Cal?

CR7 fan
You think we can supply him enough to get to at least 40-45 goals next season if he was to sign for United?
I think it’s a myth that he relies on all those great RM players to create all his goals.

The fact is that his run turn blind crosses into great crosses by him getting to the right place at the right time.

Our defensive tactics will mean he’d score fewer, but 40 is very realistic.

He’s already done it a decade ago, and he’s a better scorer now

Alfie092

I think it’s a myth that he relies on all those great RM players to create all his goals.

The fact is that his run turn blind crosses into great crosses by him getting to the right place at the right time.

Our defensive tactics will mean he’d score fewer, but 40 is very realistic.

He’s already done it a decade ago, and he’s a better scorer now
I believe it's a myth too, his movement to get into space in unreal, he basically makes it easy for his teammates to lay it off to him for a goal.

However, my concern would be how often would we as a team be getting into those goal-scoring positions for him to finish them off.

Definitely a better scorer now than 10 years ago but he does get rested a lot for Real Madrid in the league games to ensure he is fully ready to go in the Champions League.

If he can get us around 40 goals I would be happy.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I believe it's a myth too, his movement to get into space in unreal, he basically makes it easy for his teammates to lay it off to him for a goal.

However, my concern would be how often would we as a team be getting into those goal-scoring positions for him to finish them off.

Definitely a better scorer now than 10 years ago but he does get rested a lot for Real Madrid in the league games to ensure he is fully ready to go in the Champions League.

If he can get us around 40 goals I would be happy.
I don’t think Perez will let him go, so it’s all hypothetical.

At his age, you have to prioritize which competition you really really want and go from there.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Bale would be way too expensive and is a crock. People forgot that? Also another superstar player which would hardly be benched. We would have problems with Bale, Pogba, Sanchez. Rashford/Martial could also leave. Willian would be the most reasonable but if Bale is cheap, would look at that..

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
None of them. We need to look at the future not at the past.

Christopher Ellison

Ronaldo will be very costly and is getting on in age. Bale is injury prone and 200m is way to much.so with that said, William seems like uniteds best bet.

1974_Fergie_Time

If we bring Ronaldo back we would have to bring Rooney back too as he assisted a lot of Ronaldo's goals

Alfie092

I don’t think Perez will let him go, so it’s all hypothetical.

At his age, you have to prioritize which competition you really really want and go from there.
I think Ronaldo will stay and Bale will leave, whether it's to United or not is the question.

Charles Miller

I was negative about Bale in the past due to his injury record but changed my mind. He should be the top priority in this window. Oh, but he is not gonna play every game; yes, but he can decide any game against any opposition.

When injured we take care of him and play anyone else. Is not like it would be Bale F.C.

Sterling Archer

If we are to wind up with one of these three I'm very pleased. We can't go wrong here. However, if we do sign one of Ronaldo and Bale that immediately transforms the potential of the team

Flipo

Bale faces injury, cost of Bale is very high. Inspite of these he is the right choice for Manchester United.

Janson

I would take Ronaldo in a heartbeat. Bale too if possible, and Griezmann. Imagine that attack.

=======Lukaku======
Ronaldo=Griezmann==Bale

Janson

I was negative about Bale in the past due to his injury record but changed my mind. He should be the top priority in this window. Oh, but he is not gonna play every game; yes, but he can decide any game against any opposition.

When injured we take care of him and play anyone else. Is not like it would be Bale F.C.
Completely agree.

Janson

People don't get that we can probably get two good years out of Ronaldo. That's enough time to win quite a few things. In the meantime we can develop Rashford for the future, or even buy someone else when he's done. I don't see a problem with it.

Cal?

CR7 fan
People don't get that we can probably get two good years out of Ronaldo. That's enough time to win quite a few things. In the meantime we can develop Rashford for the future, or even buy someone else when he's done. I don't see a problem with it.
There seems to be too many who care about the bottom line than the results.

I don’t get why so many people are so obsessed with how much the Glazers make

Janson

There seems to be too many who care about the bottom line than the results.

I don’t get why so many people are so obsessed with how much the Glazers make
Yeah, some are planning for like 5+ years ahead. We need to start winning now. Especially looking at what City are doing, we don't have that long. We need some serious firepower to compete with them, and I don't see anyone better than Ronaldo for this.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Unfortunately looks like Ronaldo will get his pay rise, Bale will stay to see what life is like under a different manager and Conte wont be at Chelsea so Willian will be staying put also

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Unfortunately looks like Ronaldo will get his pay rise, Bale will stay to see what life is like under a different manager and Conte wont be at Chelsea so Willian will be staying put also
"Griezmann makes shock Barca U-turn, chooses tractor bonuses over playing with Messi"

:keano:

Mainoldo

Probably means we keep Martial then :). We should look at Dembele.

Skåre Willoch

Yeah, some are planning for like 5+ years ahead. We need to start winning now. Especially looking at what City are doing, we don't have that long. We need some serious firepower to compete with them, and I don't see anyone better than Ronaldo for this.
I totally agree. The whole galactico approach hasn't really worked out for us yet, but it's still the only way forward in modern football for us i reckon. We need to buy the best players, even if it's not as romantic as creating our own world beaters. Class of 92 won't happen again.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I don't want over paid prima donnas who are just cruising for an ego massage and have no intention of coming here. 'They must think us fools to make their lies so transparent' as they say in Klingon.

Cal?

CR7 fan
100% agreed, unfortunately it looks like Zidane’s resignation means nobody knows what’s happening regarding Ronaldo or Bale

Champagne Football

Just watched him.against Croatia. He's an exact copy of Tony V when we first signed him. He defends and he crosses the ball and that's about it. Lukaku and Pogba will thrive on his crosses. We'll win more games and be harder to beat with Willian but he won't excite the crowd on his own too often.

yo@Kirk

It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to pay 200m for a great attacking player, like Bale, when the manager is so poor at getting his team to play good attacking football. Get a workhorse, like Willian, who will add crossing and set piece ability to what United have now while supporting the defense the way the manager likes.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Ronaldo, without even given it a second's thought: guaranteed goals. serial winner

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Unpopular opinion I’d imagine but

1. Bale
2. Willian
3. Ronaldo

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Just watched him.against Croatia. He's an exact copy of Tony V when we first signed him. He defends and he crosses the ball and that's about it. Lukaku and Pogba will thrive on his crosses. We'll win more games and be harder to beat with Willian but he won't excite the crowd on his own too often.
Thought he was by far the best Brazilian player until Neymar go in. It definitely wasn't one-dimensional as you paint it, he was all over the pitch trying to make things happen.

Ronaldo will never come, Bale might, but he will see it as a step down from Real and has injury issued. Would love if we go for Willian.

foolsgold

Not wildly interested in any of them truth be told.

Bale 4 years ago would have been magnificent but he clearly wasn't into the idea

Champagne Football

Thought he was by far the best Brazilian player until Neymar go in. It definitely wasn't one-dimensional as you paint it, he was all over the pitch trying to make things happen.

Ronaldo will never come, Bale might, but he will see it as a step down from Real and has injury issued. Would love if we go for Willian.
He was everywhere indeed. He can dribble but it's more a burst of pace past his man than dribbling. Won a few free's. Very powerful player. Reminded me a lot of Valencia when he got the ball out wide. Either passed it back or tried to.cross it with most crosses not coming to much while one or two were pin point. Also reminded me of Valencia the way he doesn't really have the dribbling skills to beat his man out wide like a Giggs/Hazard so like Tony V often stops in front of his marker and doesn't move and then passes it back to a team mate.

He would be a huge upgrade on Martial and Rashford out wide but Bale would be a far more exciting option if attainable

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Also reminded me of Valencia the way he doesn't really have the dribbling skills to beat his man out wide like a Giggs/Hazard
Tbf not many players out there have it atm. He would improve our movement in the attack for sure. He also can play as a proper RW.

I look at him as a safer option which will improve us, while Bale is an extremely risky one, but much superior. At this point, I think we will move to the one who seems more likely to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.