Bale.... or Willian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanya

Willian And Douglas Costa would be my preference.

We struggle against smaller teams especially against those that employ a low block defence.

We need creative players that can negotiate tight spaces. I don't think Bale is that player, whereas both Willian and Costa are adept at that .

IMO a front 5 of Lukaku Sanchez Willian Douglas Costa and Pogba esp. against smaller teams would be perfect for us.

But of course Bale is the most likely scenario. Although he's an amazing player I don't feel he will solve our current problems against packed defences.

Trizy

Rather Willian over the names in the title.

Overall there isn't many brilliant wide RWers about. Willian would improve us loads.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So at the moment who's most likely to leave their current club? I'd say Ronaldo

Stacks

Ronaldo could do a Zlatan but actually win us the title. Bale may not be fit enough to mount a title challenge against a City side who will amass 90 points. Willian? no thanks

Stacks

Rather Willian over the names in the title.

Overall there isn't many brilliant wide RWers about. Willian would improve us loads.

Yes agree with this. I would love to see Willian here this summer.
What is this Willian fest? he is literally an above average winger who could barely get into the 5th placed side. In the last 2 seasons he has started 35 league games and is squad rotation. Why is he good enough for us but not Chelsea?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
What is this Willian fest? he is literally an above average winger who could barely get into the 5th placed side. In the last 2 seasons he has started 35 league games and is squad rotation. Why is he good enough for us but not Chelsea?
1, Cos we're better than you.

Or
2, Dfferent managers prefer different players. Conte does not like Willian.

Stacks

1, Cos we're better than you.

Or
2, Dfferent managers prefer different players. Conte does not like Willian.
So 5th in the EPL is better than 2nd? ok
Under Jose, Willian scored 5 EPL goals and 6 assists which is inferior to youngsters like Martial. What is his job and value? working hard?

Pete Dahh Sneak

Supports
Chelsea
Non Chelsea fans have a higher opinion of Willian because they tend to only watch Chelsea in the bigger games where we play defensively, giving Willian the space he needs to thrive. You watch him play against the bottom half of the table, you see his limitations. Great squad player though.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Under Jose, Willian scored 5 EPL goals and 6 assists which is inferior to youngsters like Martial. What is his job and value? working hard?
Doing the dirty work to free up others. It's not just about the numbers. There's a reason Jose loves him and he starts for Brazil. He doesn't just work hard, he's effective.

Having two Eden Hazards would less productive than 1 Hazard and 1 Willian in my opinion.

Conte was not a fan but most managers have liked what he offers the team.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Doing the dirty work to free up others. It's not just about the numbers. There's a reason Jose loves him and he starts for Brazil. He doesn't just work hard, he's effective.

Having two Eden Hazards would less productive than 1 Hazard and 1 Willian in my opinion.

What's the feeling at Chelsea, Willian stay or go?

Pete Dahh Sneak

Supports
Chelsea
What's the feeling at Chelsea, Willian stay or go?
We don’t even know who the manager is so there really isn’t any feeling at all! Just opinions. Since the board has this moronic things about not committing to 30+ year old players, while also relying on player sales to fund transfers, any player who’s approaching that age should be sold IMO.

reddaz71

Willian arguably the more gettable for the RW spot but would love Bale also as our no.10!

Craig Ward

Ronaldo is a non starter for me - every damn season. Its a load of rubbish. Do not want.

Bale is the perfect signing for us.

I'd take Willian for 30mil if we couldn't get Bale. I'd prefer Mahrez over Willian in truth

sparx99

Ronaldo for the figures quoted would be ridiculous. Even at £30-50m I’m not sure. He’s a machine but for how long.

We desperately need pace and a crossing threat from the right though. Willian is probably the best/most likely option but I’d like to see us think outside the box a little. Mo Salah has had a crazy season but it proves that players can take a step up from their perceived level with the right support. Mahrez could potentially kick on at a bigger club where he’d be the 3rd option to mark not the main man.

ghagua

Feck it, we're going to need individual brilliance to win anything, so will go with Bale.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Yep, I don’t get it myself.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Let’s develop someone Salah style. Who’s young, putting up good numbers in a lesser league and has a win at all costs mentality/or sensational skill set at least.

Malcolm/Pulisic/Bailey these types of players please. Bale and Ronaldo have absolutely nothing to prove here. We are basically just one of a small few clubs who can afford their wage and seen as a step down. Avoid.

Stacks

Sorry but an attacking player in the final 3rd for Man td needs to be attacking 1st, not dirty work. We don't need a Kante at right wing thanks.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sorry but an attacking player in the final 3rd for Man td needs to be attacking 1st, not dirty work. We don't need a Kante at right wing thanks.
Did you just call Wilian a Kante on the right wing?

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Willian won't improve you. Don't come for him! He's just a workhorse.

Please protest and stuff if the club goes for him. I'll even participate.

Fer

IMO all of them are going to continue in their clubs. It's going to be interesting which attacker Mourinho signs. I hope we don't start with Lingard/Mata next season.

James Peril

IMO all of them are going to continue in their clubs. It's going to be interesting which attacker Mourinho signs. I hope we don't start with Lingard/Mata next season.
Totally agree, and if we do we will not challenge for the league. No chance whatsoever. Mata is a lovely fella, but he really isn’t a modern footballer anymore. Look at David Silva, who’s older as well, he moves around much quicker - you need to be quick if you don’t have speed

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Willian is a very good player but you do have to wonder that his two best seasons have come when Chelsea have been at their first and finished outside the top 4.

ManUtd1999

If available, I would pursue them in the following order:

Ronaldo
Bale
Willian

Ronaldo would give us 30 goals or more a season, and that would be instrumental.

Canagel

If 35 year old Zlatan could score 28 goals then I'm sure 33 year old Ronaldo can score at least 40 goals. But there's little chance of that happening. Willian doesn't belong on the list. He is a good player but his output for an attacking player is very average. If you bring in Willian you bring him in as a support act to the main man. We need to find our own main man before we target players like Willian. Bale has quality but is injury prone and doesn't play enough games over the season. We probably aren't going to get an out and out right winger so we should target someone who can score lots of goals and has striker instinct but starts out on the right or left. Like Salah for example. Like Ronaldo and Bale etc if we aren't getting them. Those type of players.

Zoo

Who would you like to sign?

rpg

Get Ronaldo back. Even if he is good for one season. Easily net 40 goals for us. Let us win the title once. The club should be prepared to waste 200mln to win the title once more.

Andersons Dietician

Probably rather Bale, but the one most likely will probably be Willian. He is a decent player, does a lot of good things but he strikes me as just a better version of Lingard. At least with Bale there is that possibility of what if. He’s a player that can get you on the edge of your seat and makes you believe that pretty much anything is possible. Think he’ll stay in Madrid tho.
Can you imagine if going in to next season our signings are Fred, Dalot and Willian and we’ve sold Martial.

padzilla

Hipster
Are we just the refuge for Chelsea's rejects now? Mata has not worked out for us, Matic yes has been quality but filling up our squad with fringe players from our rivals is not going to send out a strong signal across Europe is it?
You don't see Pep, Klopp or Poch in for these players.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Are we just the refuge for Chelsea's rejects now? Mata has not worked out for us, Matic yes has been quality but filling up our squad with fringe players from our rivals is not going to send out a strong signal across Europe is it?
We took Ox from Arsenal & have also been linked to Wilshere & Ramsey.

Matic was the perfect signing for you & your system - Jose knows what he wants. If he thinks Willian will be a solid addition, I'd be inclined to believe his judgement. That said, of course you'd want Bale or Ronaldo over him :D

Cal?

CR7 fan
Jose finished above Klopp AND Poch despite some people drooling over their respective teams, he knows what he's doing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Jose finished above Klopp AND Poch despite some people drooling over their respective teams, he knows what he's doing.
Agree.
Although clearly we shouldn't forget we spend a fair bit more than both!

Fer

Who would you like to sign?
If we can't sign Bale. Then, Mahrez, Dybala or Costa would be good options. Unfortunately, all of them are difficult to get.

Also, we could go for a young RW like Pulisic, Bailey, Malcom, Lozano, etc.

reddaz71

Willian the most realistic,Bale highly unlikely,Ronaldo will probably stay at Madrid for 3 more years,even though he loves Utd he clearly loves Madrid more!

Alabaster Codify7

When it comes to our pursiuit of Bale, we are easily the most 'Friendzoned' football club in the world.

We've been trying to attract his attention like a loser high-school kid for about 5yrs now, he's publicly stated he has no interest in joining Man United yet every fecking summer there we are - the football club equivalent of some nerd stood outside a bird's house with a bouquet of flowers looking up at her bedroom window and watching her getting railed by her boyfriend.

Sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.