Bale.... or Willian

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Bale does not want to come to United so can we please just delete him from the forum and the thread. He almost enjoys turning us down,
Can we stop going overboard about this please.

Sure, Bale hasn't gone out of his way to try to force his club to sell him to us. But he's also never actually declined an offer from us. For all the interest we have had in him, none of the clubs he has been at have ever accepted an offer from us, so he's never had a contract offer from us in front of him. As such he would have had to refuse to go to Spurs or Real, and then demanded to be sold to us. That might have worked at Southampton (but he was a young leftback and we had the best in the world in that position so why would he fight to come sit on our bench?), but it would have been extremely difficult at Spurs and he would have had to cause huge fuss to get Levy to even think about selling to us. How many players in the world would have refused the Real Madrid world record offer in that situation?

Like I said, he hasn't pissed off his clubs and tried to force a sale to us. Sure, we aren't his absolute first choice. If you want to bring that up, fine. But the way some people on the forum go on about it it's like he's had three or four actual contract offers on the table in front of him and he's ripped them up and refused to ever play for us.

MadMike

Sure, Bale hasn't gone out of his way to try to force his club to sell him to us. But he's also never actually declined an offer from us. For all the interest we have had in him, none of the clubs he has been at have ever accepted an offer from us, so he's never had a contract offer from us in front of him. As such he would have had to refuse to go to Spurs or Real, and then demanded to be sold to us. That might have worked at Southampton (but he was a young leftback and we had the best in the world in that position so why would he fight to come sit on our bench?), but it would have been extremely difficult at Spurs and he would have had to cause huge fuss to get Levy to even think about selling to us. How many players in the world would have refused the Real Madrid world record offer in that situation?

Like I said, he hasn't pissed off his clubs and tried to force a sale to us. Sure, we aren't his absolute first choice. If you want to bring that up, fine. But the way some people on the forum go on about it it's like he's had three or four actual contract offers on the table in front of him and he's ripped them up and refused to ever play for us.
I heard that he not only physically tore up the offer, but he also proceeded to set the pile of shreds on fire and then piss on it to put it out.

Alfie092

If we signed Ronaldo, where would he slot into our team? Would he play on the left in place of Sanchez and Sanchez plays on the right? 2 man strikeforce with Lukaku?

To make the Ronaldo signing work, we need to build a system to suit him.

If we signed Bale/Willian, we all know how we would fit either into the team and that is playing them on the right wing. They are also versatile and can play other positions too (especially Bale).

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If we signed Ronaldo, where would he slot into our team? Would he play on the left in place of Sanchez and Sanchez plays on the right? 2 man strikeforce with Lukaku?

To make the Ronaldo signing work, we need to build a system to suit him.

If we signed Bale/Willian, we all know how we would fit either into the team and that is playing them on the right wing. They are also versatile and can play other positions too (especially Bale).
anywhere he wanted to go!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
the fee for willian is crazy. isn't he closing on 30? and didn't we used not to give guys more than one-year contracts (sometimes rolling) once they wen past that?

Alfie092

the fee for willian is crazy. isn't he closing on 30? and didn't we used not to give guys more than one-year contracts (sometimes rolling) once they wen past that?
If Willian is going for around £60m, then how much would Bale, who is 1 year younger than Willian and is a much more talented player, be worth?! Hard to see him going for anything less than £130m-£150m.

Bobski

Willian would be a shocking signing at 60m. He has a couple of games a season where he looks a world beater, but most of the time his decision making is absolutely awful and his end product is terrible for a winger.
Give me an injury prone Bale or aging Ronaldo all day long.
He also vanishes out of games for long periods and in his general play is almost as one dimensional as Valencia. Looks great in highlights but there is a reason why he is in and out of the starting line up at Chelsea.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Sure, Bale hasn't gone out of his way to try to force his club to sell him to us. But he's also never actually declined an offer from us.
Yeah but it's cool to outright say they're 100% not interested as if they know any more than those speculating he is. Odds are in their favour they'll be validated in it too so it's easy line to tow.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Willian is the best solution. Proper and true right winger and mourinho type of the player. Bale is better player but i think that willian would be better signing.
But then we will have 7 players for 3 positions. Too much?

Fer

Willian is the best solution. Proper and true right winger and mourinho type of the player. Bale is better player but i think that willian would be better signing.
But then we will have 7 players for 3 positions. Too much?
IMO Bale would be a better signing, but he would be difficult to sign. Maybe we should try to go for Mahrez or a young winger like Pulisic, Malcom, Bailey, Lozano.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
IMO Bale would be a better signing, but he would be difficult to sign. Maybe we should try to go for Mahrez or a young winger like Pulisic, Malcom, Bailey, Lozano.
If we are signing player who will take minutes from our 2 young stars rashford and martial then we must sogn exactly what we need now. Proven right winger. So big no for another hot prospect

beingshe7don

Willian has been horseshit in the World Cup so far. Douglas Costa was far better when he came on today. Bale over Willian

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Willian is just not good enough for me. But lets see. Would be underwhelming to say the least.

Fer

If we are signing player who will take minutes from our 2 young stars rashford and martial then we must sogn exactly what we need now. Proven right winger. So big no for another hot prospect
Rashford is not a winger and Martial plays on the left as a LW. Both can play as forwards.
If we sign a RW, it would take minutes from Mata and Lingard... Sanchez is the one who is taking minutes from Martial.

Greck

The Willian love just tells me the Caf is screaming for a "proper" winger. Just so long as he can run and cross.
A lot fell in love with his form in the 2nd half of the season but I think it was nothing more than form. If he played like that all the time he'd be a near permanent fixture in the PL team of the season.

Stacks

A lot fell in love with his form in the 2nd half of the season but I think it was nothing more than form. If he played like that all the time he'd be a near permanent fixture in the PL team of the season.
He'd be a star player in a title challenging team (Hazard), which he sure as hell ain't

Aloysius's Back 3

The Willian love just tells me the Caf is screaming for a "proper" winger. Just so long as he can run and cross.
:lol: it's not that complicated mate. Most fans will just feed off anything Jose mourinho will give them. Willian is suddenly their dream winger. We suddenly need a winger who helps us defensively ( who blamed our defensive problems on the wingers not getting back?) We have a right winger of similar standard playing on the left wing right now.. Is willian the best we can get? No definitely not there are better available who are the same age as willian or younger & considering he will cost 60 mil like Fred - how people are excited for him is pure mind blowing.

4231 again for another season with willian as our main signing. That is some ageing first team, a team that represents chelsea more than a team that is built for us. Doesn't get me remotely excited - I don't see it as an improvement that will make us win the title - just a mere plaster over in a position we could do with a deadly player.

Willian & Sanchez crossing the ball for Lukaku who will need 5 chances to score 1. Yawn.

Tony247

My hunch is, Jose wants Willian only because he can track back. Geez why don't he sign 10 defenders and be done with the team.

dogwithabone

All things considered I’d go for Bale but Ronaldo is showing he’s not done yet and when you seeing him still having a real say on the biggest stage then perhaps he’d still have a couple of very good PL seasons in him.

Toad

So Ronaldo is 33 and even still, Madrid will ask huge money for him. If we spend big money on a player we would want to tie them down to a long term contract. But with the added wages that Ronaldo will ask for, there is no chance of risking a 3/4 year contract on a 33 year old.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I think batman would do alright on our rw,

Andy_Cole

So Ronaldo is 33 and even still, Madrid will ask huge money for him. If we spend big money on a player we would want to tie them down to a long term contract. But with the added wages that Ronaldo will ask for, there is no chance of risking a 3/4 year contract on a 33 year old.
Not just any 33 YO though is it?

flappyjay

Yep just like back in the day when Sir Alex wouldn't sign midfielders and we would be dreaming of any average midfield target

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep just like back in the day when Sir Alex wouldn't sign midfielders and we would be dreaming of any average midfield target
Glory days, where even someone like Barry was talked about as a decent signing :lol:

Shaun Oldman

Not just any 33 YO though is it?
Father time, as they say, is undefeated.

As much as his legions of "fans" on here like to deny it he was absolutely garbage till Jan this last season so whilst he's clearly still a great player he is already nowhere near the peak Ronnie (10-11 to 13-14 imo)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
:lol::lol::lol: It was the dark ages. But atleast we had two class midfielders in Carrick and Scholes
I long for the time we're not looking for "one more" midfielder.

Even with Matic, Pogba and Fred, with Herrera in the mix too, you still have people asking for another.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Out of the 3 there is only bale worth considering and he is injury prone. Ronaldo would cost too much and is past his best and Willian is just average with his best years behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.