Ballon d'Or 2021 | Lewandowski robbed again

OleBoiii

Shaw is more deserving than maybe 3-4 players on that list, but it's not like he's gonna win so....

Unless Lewandowski gets sympathy votes because of last years cancellation, then I reckon Messi will win it. Jorginho is the most decorated, so in that sense it could be him. I doubt it, though.

Blackwidow

Do they actually think that Bayern is in that UEFA ranking on no. 1 just because of Lewy... And does Lewy score his goals on his own?

Hughie77

Who usually gets it shorty Messi. He could break his leg and still be on the short list. 30 not that short. Nobody from the Premier league is getting it. Some Italian should get it .

Zen

Messi is gonna win this because of the Copa win..... so why are none of his wingmen there? Shits just wild sometimes, well actually, always.

Given Foden's on there, the Euro's can't mean much as Maguire and Shaw we're top drawer for England at that tournament. But then again, it's the only reason Barella, Bonucci and Chiellini are on it... so I'm.... just, yeah. Whatever.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Lewa vs Benzema but Lewandowski will get it 100%

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Messi is gonna win this because of the Copa win..... so why are none of his wingmen there? Shits just wild sometimes, well actually, always.

Given Foden's on there, the Euro's can't mean much as Maguire and Shaw we're top drawer for England at that tournament. But then again, it's the only reason Barella, Bonucci and Chiellini are on it... so I'm.... just, yeah. Whatever.
Sterling and Kjaer too.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Not sure why Foden is such a shock. We all know how heavily weighted the Champions League is and Foden had some fantastic performances. He also won the league and won young player of the year.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was influential in both finals
Possibly the lowest criteria for a Ballon d'Or nomination I've ever seen. Tell you what though, his PR campaign is genuinely second to none.

tomaldinho1

Lautoro is there, to be fair he arguably had a better season as well with Serie A (major domestic) , Copa if you rank it on trophies.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Messi has already won it.

Anyway, where is Chiesa, or Kimmich?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Mount? They’re taking the piss

To be fair it's probably the lowest talent pool we've had for a while, we're between generations at the moment. A lot of the greats from the last decade are old and the newer crop aren't in their prime yet.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Give it to Lewa because he deserved it last year and this year's list is shit.
Even though this is another award that has long drowned in its own self importance (see SPOTY), it was such a dumb decision to cancel it last year.

Actually, maybe the cancellation was a perfect representation of its own self-importance.

Bearded One

There was no standout superstar but if we are to look at the following criteria:

achievement at club level, achievement at national level, personal statistics and performances at club level, personal stats and performances at national level

everyone seems to have a low point somehow. It is for this reason I’m predicting that Messi would win the Ballon d’Or

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's like league performances don't matter, only your performance in (European) cup finals count which is why it'll come down to Mount against Jorginho

Bearded One

It's like league performances don't matter, only your performance in (European) cup finals count which is why it'll come down to Mount against Jorginho
League titles matter but Europe carries a greater weight. Jorginho will win it if Messi doesn’t imo.