Ballon d'Or 2021 | Lewandowski robbed again

RizzyMUFC

:lol: No, Copa America performance seals it for Messi. Lewa deserved it in 2020 but not this year
The Nations League France just won. Is legit tougher to win and more competitive than Copa America. Prior to Messi.. Argentina were the Record holders of the competition. If anything the fact Messi only just won his first is actually more shocking. After playing something daft like 5 copas in 7 years. A comp that's supposed to be once every 4 years and has only 3 legit threats. It's ridiculous to even qualify it as something Balon'dor worthy. I mean Chile won 2 in a row not so long ago. I didn't hear anyone remotely say Sanchez or any Chilean deserves to be a Balondor contender.

Fact is. There is extreme Messi bias. He literally has to do "anything of note for the season" for them to give it him. Its a farce. His start at PSG is technically still part of this year is it not..

Benzema on 12 goals in 12 games. Salah on 9 in 9. Lewondowski off that 2020 season to then go and break Mullers record and 41 in 28 is ridiculous even for Bundesliga. And he is also on 11 goals in 11 so far this season.
Kante has won UCL and Nations league. Modric got it for UCL and reaching a major final. So why does not same logic apply.

Like I said before. Messi will win it. But not on merit. Simply out of popularity and fact that people voting don't follow football as a while. And Messi winning copa was only a big deal cos Ronaldo won the Euros and it was a stick the Ronaldo fan boys could beat Messi fan boys with :rolleyes: but now Messi has won an international trophy too. So yay.

But historically Copa has never been a competition that was a major factor in Balondor decisions :nono:. Its only a factor. Because its Messi's route to victory. So everyone is gonna bang on about it :lol:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
International competitions and the CL are the most important factors in the Ballon d'Or. He performed in none of those (for various reasons). It'll be far from a robery if he doesn't get it.
To be fair he was amazing for us in Euros, it’s not his fault his team was garbage. He still got all of our 3 goals and all were quite good.

He was injured for PSG tie. They’d have probably gone through had he been healthy.

He won’t win it but he probably deserves it. Messi gets it by default if there’s no obvious candidate who won either CL or international tournament, he probably would have got it without Copa too.

Jagga7

The Nations League France just won. Is legit tougher to win and more competitive than Copa America. Prior to Messi.. Argentina were the Record holders of the competition. If anything the fact Messi only just won his first is actually more shocking. After playing something daft like 5 copas in 7 years. A comp that's supposed to be once every 4 years and has only 3 legit threats. It's ridiculous to even qualify it as something Balon'dor worthy. I mean Chile won 2 in a row not so long ago. I didn't hear anyone remotely say Sanchez or any Chilean deserves to be a Balondor contender.

Fact is. There is extreme Messi bias. He literally has to do "anything of note for the season" for them to give it him. Its a farce. His start at PSG is technically still part of this year is it not..

Benzema on 12 goals in 12 games. Salah on 9 in 9. Lewondowski off that 2020 season to then go and break Mullers record and 41 in 28 is ridiculous even for Bundesliga. And he is also on 11 goals in 11 so far this season.
Kante has won UCL and Nations league. Modric got it for UCL and reaching a major final. So why does not same logic apply.

Like I said before. Messi will win it. But not on merit. Simply out of popularity and fact that people voting don't follow football as a while. And Messi winning copa was only a big deal cos Ronaldo won the Euros and it was a stick the Ronaldo fan boys could beat Messi fan boys with :rolleyes: but now Messi has won an international trophy too. So yay.

But historically Copa has never been a competition that was a major factor in Balondor decisions :nono:. Its only a factor. Because its Messi's route to victory. So everyone is gonna bang on about it :lol:
Messi was absurdly good for Barca last season and it's even more impressive when you see how crap they are this year.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

insanely moronic take. Messi just had one of the best Copa America performances in the history of the tournament. Belgium are
Fool’s gold and France’s controversy overshadowed the entire tourney. Messi deserves it in 2021 no matter how much you want to cry otherwise. Just because Copa doesn’t matter to you much like no one gives a crap about a glorified friendly in nations league doesn’t mean the Copa doesn’t matter. It’s a massive deal in South America. Messi also had the worst supporting cast of the top 3 ballon d’or nominees. He had great stats with Barca this last season. And Copa America has been around for 40+ years and Messi has broken several records this year for it.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
To be fair he was amazing for us in Euros, it’s not his fault his team was garbage. He still got all of our 3 goals and all were quite good.

He was injured for PSG tie. They’d have probably gone through had he been healthy.

He won’t win it but he probably deserves it. Messi gets it by default if there’s no obvious candidate who won either CL or international tournament, he probably would have got it without Copa too.
don’t think so, Messi only may win it because of Copa. And that’s fully deserved.
Lewa faces the same issues Messi will also now face where it is CL or bust when it comes to ballon d’or. Unless Lewa has an insane euro or World Cup run in a year Bayern don’t win CL.

Ixion

Has to be Lewandowski. If Messi is second that seems too high

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Leaked results

Why is Modric so high up? Did he have a great season for Madrid again, I thought he wasn't as good and didn't play as much as well. Pedri being so high up is hilarious as well.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why is Modric so high up? Did he have a great season for Madrid again, I thought he wasn't as good and didn't play as much as well. Pedri being so high up is hilarious as well.
He had a great season and then was really good at the euros too, but yeah, he's way too high on that list

Anyways, if that list is true then good, justice done

sukhy

Isn't that just pulled from that fugazi list from twitter? The one that has 2 Azpilecuetas on there?
I remember the "leak" for the Ballon d'Or 2019 had Ronaldo winning.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Think the list is fake. some of the positions makes little sense to me.

Jerzol78

The list is most likely fake, but there is something in it that could be true, if a week ago Messi was bookmaker's clear favourite, whereas now the bookies' odds are like: Lewa - 1,5, Messi 2,3

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
So Mbappe gets votes because he's Mbappe? PSG won didly last year and so did france... He was the spear head for both...
It shouldnt really always be about whether you won something or not.

Korwas

So Mbappe gets votes because he's Mbappe? PSG won didly last year and so did france... He was the spear head for both...
Mbappe is second in G+A in 2021 and had a great Champions League campaign. Not saying he should win the thing but he probably deserves a top 10 finish.

FatTails

Lewa, Messi and Benzema are the top 3, so that sounds about right. I’d have them in that order too.

MrEleson

The list is most likely fake, but there is something in it that could be true, if a week ago Messi was bookmaker's clear favourite, whereas now the bookies' odds are like: Lewa - 1,5, Messi 2,3
Bookies likely changed their odds based on the leaks as everyone would have probably started betting on Lewandowski

Gehrman

Leaks, leaks everywhere :lol:

Wonder what the source is for these leaks otherwise it doesn't mean anything. I could fabricate these documents and upload them to twitter.

Shit I hadn't noticed the ceremony was today.

Last edited:

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Wonder what the source is for these leaks otherwise it doesn't mean anything. I could fabricate these documents and upload them to twitter.

Shit I hadn't noticed the ceremony was today.
Not today, November 29th.

Gehrman

Disgrace if Lewandowski doesn't win it
I'm a Messi fan boy, but I think Lewandowski deserves it for breaking Gerd Müllers record in incredibly few games and on top of that he's had a great start to the new season. I think Messi's subpar start at PSG has hurt him. Anyway for me they are definitely 1 or 2. I think new leaks are correct with Messi 1st. The other one leaked by Marca doesn't even have Suarez on it. It also has Cesar Azipillucueta twice on it.

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I was surprised to learn today that Lewandowski is now favorite to win it. I still don’t believe he will get even close to Messi but it’s nice to see a Polish player get this much recognition worldwide.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Messi would be a ridiculous win. Literally rewarding him for being a colossal loser with his national team.

Gehrman

Messi would be a ridiculous win. Literally rewarding him for being a colossal loser with his national team.
Not really sure I agree. La liga topscorer and player of the tournament at the Copa. I still feel Lewandowski essentially deserves it more. But I don't think Messi winning is ridiculous.