Ballon d'Or 2022 | Benzema wins

Pintu

Messi and Ronaldo’s careers have been insane. 15+ years at the very top.

Biased French twitto with Benzema in capital letters.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Haller is on it:lol:

That means that the judges only watch the CL highlights.

diarm

Diaz, Mahrez and Nunez?

Give me a bloody break. Decent players like, but nominated for the Balon D'Or?

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Diaz, Mahrez and Nunez?

Give me a bloody break. Decent players like, but nominated for the Balon D'Or?
It’s a 30 man shortlist. It’s filled with good players who had good seasons. It’s the nature of such a long list of nominations. Same complaint is made every year.

It’s an acknowledgment for their success. However, obviously most of them aren’t getting near the award.

diarm

It’s a 30 man shortlist. It’s filled with good players who had good seasons. It’s the nature of such a long list of nominations. Same complaint is made every year.

It’s an acknowledgment for their success. However, obviously most of them aren’t getting near the award.
Did Foden have a good season last year?

Nunez with his zero goals for Uruguay isn't making that list or the backup 30 if he's still at Benfica.

OpenIntrovert

Haller is on it:lol:

That means that the judges only watch the CL highlights.
He did well in the Eredivisie. I would say that they have gone for players who have been consistent in their performances at their positions.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Messi and Ronaldo’s careers have been insane. 15+ years at the very top.

Biased French twitto with Benzema in capital letters.
Ronaldo is the most consistent footballer ever.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Did Foden have a good season last year?

Nunez with his zero goals for Uruguay isn't making that list or the backup 30 if he's still at Benfica.
It’s an imperfect list. I agree.

I presume his goals for Benfica are the reason he’s on the list rather than scoring in the Community Shield.

Olmer

Benzema should win it, and deservedly so, but the difference between him and others isn't as big as some people think.
If Marquinhos and Donnarumma didn't have their brainfarts, nobody would have him as the favourite.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No need for nominees this year.

Everyone knows its the year of the Mctominator.

But seriously, Benzema has this won.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Benzema should win it, and deservedly so, but the difference between him and others isn't as big as some people think.
If Marquinhos and Donnarumma didn't have their brainfarts, nobody would have him as the favourite.
If Elanga tracked back Utd would have won the UCL.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Beautiful deduction ability on display

Ladron de redcafe

Also because he was the best player on the planet.
Played as if he was, which is what matters. I think it's a lock and it's well-deserved. Leading Madrid to the league and UCL double is something they've only done once before (in 2017). His overall play was outstanding and came up big in pretty much every important match they had.

fps

Yeah they just pad it out with lots of players to try and get as many people talking about it, who support different clubs, as possible. I wish they just had a 6 person shortlist, done.

Olmer

Beautiful deduction ability on display
If you acknowledge that PSG blew that match more than Real won it, then by extension you have to acknowledge that Benzema's Ballon D'Or case rests on that.
This is not the "I have the crystal ball that sees alternate universes" kind of statement.
If I said the same stuff about 2018 CL final and Karius' blunders, would you also react like that? I think we can say without the shadow of a doubt, that those blunders skewed the result in a major way. Same as Marquinhos and Donnarumma ones.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If you acknowledge that PSG blew that match more than Real won it, then by extension you have to acknowledge that Benzema's Ballon D'Or case rests on that.
This is not the "I have the crystal ball that sees alternate universes" kind of statement.
If I said the same stuff about 2018 CL final and Karius' blunders, would you also react like that? I think we can say without the shadow of a doubt, that those blunders skewed the result in a major way. Same as Marquinhos and Donnarumma ones.
It's something too obvious that it ain't even worth mentioning. It just seemed needless. Benzema will win it and that will be entirely down to him. He can only control his performances

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
He did well in the Eredivisie. I would say that they have gone for players who have been consistent in their performances at their positions.
Goals doesn't equal a good performance. Haller scored a lot, but missed a lot more sitters and didn't play well most matches. That's what i meant by only watching the highlights. Haller only played 1, maybe 2 good matches all season.