Ballon d'Or Profiles

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Hey folks,

I've been playing around with a visualisation for individual players, which I figure some of you guys might be interested in.

Ballon d'Or Profiles

At the mo it's just including the 130-odd players who finished in the ballon d'Or top 3, but I'll probably expand it to include non Europeans.

Any ideas on what else you'd want to see in something like this?

I was thinking I could join this data onto the redcafe position player rankings you lot are doing now, so we'd have the "official redcafes greatest players" all in one interactive dashboard, possibly with the ability to filter on individual users' votes, and for the big players you'd have a kind of player profile for context.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Wow, this is brilliant. The h2h comparison is a beast of it's own. Love this.

Perhaps a United players version?
Oh yeah, of course! I'd have to set a limit somewhere so do we have a redcafe top 100 United players to work from as a framework? Or maybe just the top x players by appearances could work

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Nice work @Brwned. What stands out there for me is a couple of the players who racked up those mega-totals playing in creative or secondary goalscoring roles, while doing it in tougher defensive or less resource-imbalanced eras. So big props to Platini, Rivaldo and Baggio for mixing it in that company, while playing deeper roles and without the benefits of the 150-goals-a-season club environment we saw in the 1950/60s, 2010s and more generally in some of the smaller leagues.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Nice work @Brwned. What stands out there for me is a couple of the players who racked up those mega-totals playing in creative or secondary goalscoring roles, while doing it in tougher defensive or less resource-imbalanced eras. So big props to Platini, Rivaldo and Baggio for mixing it in that company, while playing deeper roles and without the benefits of the 150-goals-a-season club environment we saw in the 1950/60s, 2010s and more generally in some of the smaller leagues.
Do you think having an adjustment on totals based on average goals per game in that league would be a good addition? I've always wanted to do it but have never thought of a good way to do it

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Do you think having an adjustment on totals based on average goals per game in that league would be a good addition? I've always wanted to do it but have never thought of a good way to do it
Aye. I think you'd also need to factor in how prolific/dominant player x's club was over the rest of the league. Statistically, that is clearly inflating totals in a straight comparison with other attackers across eras.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Aye. I think you'd also need to factor in how prolific/dominant player x's club was over the rest of the league. Statistically, that is clearly inflating totals in a straight comparison with other attackers across eras.
Definitely.