Barca fined 300 euros for illegal approach of Griezmann

Inter Yer Nan

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49840614

Barca broke its rules by negotiating with Griezmann without Atletico's permission.

"Taking into account the economic capacity of the club and the amount of the fine, this committee is aware that the payment of 300 euros, beyond its merely symbolic character, will not damage the sanctioned club and, probably, will not persuade other clubs in the same situation in the future to adjust their conduct to the regulations."

Got to say, not remotely surprised of their guilt but very surprised they actually got sanctioned.

fergiesarmy1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49840614

Barca broke its rules by negotiating with Griezmann without Atletico's permission.

"Taking into account the economic capacity of the club and the amount of the fine, this committee is aware that the payment of 300 euros, beyond its merely symbolic character, will not damage the sanctioned club and, probably, will not persuade other clubs in the same situation in the future to adjust their conduct to the regulations."

Got to say, not remotely surprised of their guilt but very surprised they actually got sanctioned.
Think you have added a M incorrectly

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
300 euros, not 300 million mate!

That's shady as feck

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
:lol:

At first I was like "Fuuuucking hell what a ridiculous amount!"
But then I was like "Fuuuucking hell what a ridiculous amount!"

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
This is worse than the debate over Rooney's £350m weekly wages.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Hey guys, we are starting a GoFundMe on behalf of the club. This is to cover the cost of the fine for this social injustice and pettiness from Atletico.

Please DM me for the details should you wish to donate.

Boneli

Presumably they did the decent thing and checked how much they could afford to be fined while minimising the chances of failing FFP.

Canuckred64

300 euros. I spent more than that on Irish whiskey while passing through Dublin airport duty free .

Inter Yer Nan

Hey guys, we are starting a GoFundMe on behalf of the club. This is to cover the cost of the fine for this social injustice and pettiness from Atletico.

Please DM me for the details should you wish to donate.
Is it petty though? Barca were illegally talking to their best player over the course of a long time. They previously got reported and came back and did it again.

I'd imagine Barca would be livid if a bigger club, like Real Madrid did this to their players, no?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Battle will probably go to CAS eventually, €300 really :lol:.

They won't pay as would admit liability.

0le

Did the rest of the fine get lost like the blood samples then?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Is it petty though? Barca were illegally talking to their best player over the course of a long time. They previously got reported and came back and did it again.

I'd imagine Barca would be livid if a bigger club, like Real Madrid did this to their players, no?
It was petty because Atletico could not show ONE bit of proof that Barca had a deal with Griezmann before the summer. Neither atletico’s demand for 200m euros nor the supposed letter showed the “illegal” talks between Griezmann and Barca. On what possible grounds are there for Barca to be asked to pay an extra 80M? Atletico has zero proof of anything and couldn’t show anything in court

So yeah, without showing proof this is all quite petty to say the least

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Barca have confirmed they'll need to make sales to raise the funds.

They've put some of Messi's toenail clippings on eBay.

fergiesarmy1

When do they play each other next, I’m getting the wheelbarrow out on a red card.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Sometimes its worth breaking the rules. Well played Barca