Barca must sell €124m in players this season

UpWithRivers

The only players that would come to United from Barca at the moment are the players that have decided to come somewhere to retire on high wages. Its like China, America or United for finished players these days. Absolutely no use in targeting any of them.

RoyH1

They have nothing to worry about it. The big Catalan banks will bail them out or if they fall foul of the rules, pay a ridiculously small fine.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
The only players that would come to United from Barca at the moment are the players that have decided to come somewhere to retire on high wages. Its like China, America or United for finished players these days. Absolutely no use in targeting any of them.
Might get somebody like busquets or suarez for a massively inflated fee (£124m?) And a five year deal on a quarter of a million a week ... Please keep ed away from the phone

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Antoine Griezmann seems has the same issue like Coutinho in Barca playing in the wrong position. He would be a great asset for any team if play to his strength as a supporting striker. He may entertain the idea of leaving next summer if Barca keeps playing him at LW.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Antoine Griezmann seems has the same issue like Coutinho in Barca playing in the wrong position. He would be a great asset for any team if play to his strength as a supporting striker. He may entertain the idea of leaving next summer if Barca keeps playing him at LW.
Probably just papers talking b.s. but I think there was alleged interest in a neymar griezman swap... Normally I'd dismiss that as they hardly ever happen... But in this case it might actually make some sense

Johan07

I'd give up 2 legs for dembele
Why would you? He cant even show up at training sessions at time and his mentality is not anything I would want even near United; especially where we are now. No thanks.

Adcuth

According to the article they hope to raise that amount by offloading Coutingo and Rakitic.

Coutinho failed miserably at Barca. Him and Dembele were panic buys by Barcelona to appease the fans who were unhappy about Neymar leaving and they both didn't live up to expectations. How much can they possibly get for the Brazilian? Even if he has a great season for Bayern, they'll be lucky to get half of what they paid to Pool.

Rakitic is 31 and will be 32 by the time the season ends. Who would want to spend big money on him?
Isn't his contract up soon?

Edit: will have a year left at the start of next season.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
So I guess that's how serious it is. If they don't manage to do it some club members might be dissatisfied.
Well, I've read a bit on here about how Spainish interests have protected Real and Barca, like the buying of Real's training ground or whatever it is, low interest loans, so I'm curious about how easily they'll get out of this.

United have all this financial power but it's not done much good. It would be encouraging to see big clubs have to pull back on spending, in such a world we might climb back to the top faster.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
The article says Barcelona must bring in €124 million in player sales from the 30th of June 2019 to 30th of June 2020.

In this period Barcelona has already recollected 40m€ for Malcom + 12,9 m€ Denis Suarez + 2 m€ Sergi Palencia + 8,5 m€ Coutinho-loan + 1,5 m€ Rafinha-loan which means that they only need to look for 64,9 m€ in player sales before the 30th of June 2020.

To sum up, they don´t even need to sell Coutinho, just selling Rafinha + Vidal + Rakitic should be enough.
Thanks! So it's not very dire at all. Figures! Do you think Barca's financial future looks secure?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I swear this type of story surfaces every other year with Barca.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
:lol: They'd want 100m+ for Arthur alone.
If they need big money and still want to sign Neymar they're forced to sell one or two of the better players and not many clubs would like to put up the money, IMO. I think they signed Arthur for about 40 mil. and he's been in and out the team from what i gathered. How many clubs will be spending more than 124 mil. on 2-3 players? It's about supply and demand coupled with the duty to comply with the FFP. Not a good position to be in, especially if Bayern send Coutinho packing at the end of the season.

ravi2

If they need big money and still want to sign Neymar they're forced to sell one or two of the better players and not many clubs would like to put up the money, IMO. I think they signed Arthur for about 40 mil. and he's been in and out the team from what i gathered. How many clubs will be spending more than 124 mil. on 2-3 players? It's about supply and demand coupled with the duty to comply with the FFP. Not a good position to be in, especially if Bayern send Coutinho packing at the end of the season.
Someone will want to buy Dembele for around 100m I reckon, I dont think Barca are in any trouble at all.

devlinadl

Pretty sure the whole thing is rubbish. At page 221 of the 2018/19 Barcelona Annual Report, it states that the 2019/20 budget assumes €124m in sales. I would add the page as an attachment but I don't have permission.

So it is not that Barcelona must make sales of €124m, it is that they have forecast that they will make sales of €124m. As has already shown, they have already raised about half that amount. Even if they don't sell anyone else, it will just lower the forecast pre-tax profit.

wr8_utd

:'(
Arthur is their best midfielder this season and clearly the one who looks like he'll be their best for a while. There'll be riots in Barcelona if he's sold.
They'll recoup enough money on Dembele, Coutinho and Rakitic.

Mourinhonista

Someone will want to buy Dembele for around 100m I reckon, I dont think Barca are in any trouble at all.
They had to borrow money to pay some of the wages last season? I don't think their business modell is sustainable, if they continue it's only a matter of time when it all comes crashing down, IMO.

Arthur is their best midfielder this season and clearly the one who looks like he'll be their best for a while. There'll be riots in Barcelona if he's sold.
They'll recoup enough money on Dembele, Coutinho and Rakitic.
Fans can do jack shit apart from a few posters. Fans don't seem to bother how the club has changed over the last years, it's just business like at every other club.

Maybe PSG will take one of Dembele or Coutinho, but who else apart from United would put big money on the table? Last season top 6 clubs in England apart from United didn't spend on a superstar player, don't see it changing in the future with Brexit coming up.

I'm not an expert but i'm not sure that the pairing of de Jong and Arthur will live up to the standards. Then Barca seem to trying to buy at least two expensive players every season, so they're in need of big money. Rakitic goes for less then 10 mil., for Vidal goes the same.

wr8_utd

:'(
Fans can do jack shit apart from a few posters. Fans don't seem to bother how the club has changed over the last years, it's just business like at every other club.

Maybe PSG will take one of Dembele or Coutinho, but who else apart from United would put big money on the table? Last season top 6 clubs in England apart from United didn't spend on a superstar player, don't see it changing in the future with Brexit coming up.

I'm not an expert but i'm not sure that the pairing of de Jong and Arthur will live up to the standards. Then Barca seem to trying to buy at least two expensive players every season, so they're in need of big money. Rakitic goes for less then 10 mil., for Vidal goes the same.
a) Barcelona aren't that desperate to sell players.
b) There is no chance they sell Arthur at a time they've got other ageing players in mf.
c) In this market, Rakitic at 31, is worth a LOT more than 10m. He'll easily go for around 40-50m even now. He's still a quality player and would give anyone 2-3 very good seasons. Vidal may not fetch much money but he's also clearly not for sale.
d) Coutinho, if he has a great season at Bayern will fetch around 80-100m himself.
e) As @devlinadl posted above, they don't need to raise that money, they forecast that much coming in and they've already raised half of it. They sold decently this summer and they've got more players to sell when they need to and the likes of Messi, De Jong and Arthur won't be in that list.

Mourinhonista

a) Barcelona aren't that desperate to sell players.
b) There is no chance they sell Arthur at a time they've got other ageing players in mf.
c) In this market, Rakitic at 31, is worth a LOT more than 10m. He'll easily go for around 40-50m even now. He's still a quality player and would give anyone 2-3 very good seasons. Vidal may not fetch much money but he's also clearly not for sale.
d) Coutinho, if he has a great season at Bayern will fetch around 80-100m himself.
e) As @devlinadl posted above, they don't need to raise that money, they forecast that much coming in and they've already raised half of it. They sold decently this summer and they've got more players to sell when they need to and the likes of Messi, De Jong and Arthur won't be in that list.
Of course they prefer to sell the older or finished players. But i'm holding firm no way someone in Europe will be paying 40-50 mil for a then 32 year old Rakitic who is looking for one big fat paycheck. Clubs ain't stupid and seen how it went downhill for the likes of Matic or Sanchez in recent times. Again apart from PSG i can't see clubs paying 80-100 mil. for a then 28 year old Coutinho who will also demand big wages.

As i said before, if they do sign Neymar they'll need more than the 60-120 mil.

Agree to disagree, i guess.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
There is no buyer this summer for Bale, Coutinho and Sanchez because all the clubs out there just want to take advantage of the situation, and only offer to take them on loan. It is hard for any club to sell their over the hill and aging players.

Alfarosi

Thanks! So it's not very dire at all. Figures! Do you think Barca's financial future looks secure?
Barcelona has no financial risk in terms of players or salaries. The risk is the new stadium, which means around 700 m€, because of that, they are going really slow. They said one month ago that they had an offer for 300 m€ for the stadium tittle rights but they still need to figure out how to get the rest. With the new stadium they think they can get 150 m€ per year in attendance, VIP areas, etc.

Tostao_80

They had to borrow money to pay some of the wages last season? I don't think their business modell is sustainable, if they continue it's only a matter of time when it all comes crashing down, IMO.

Name a midfield in world football that has a more promising future than Artur and De Jong?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'll take Rakitic for 14m Euro in January. That alone should bring it down to 110m euro & Barcelona can lower Coutinho's fees from 120m euro to around 110m euro so Bayern can purchase him before summer. Problem solved! :lol::lol:

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Name a midfield in world football that has a more promising future than Artur and De Jong?
There isn't one imo. Getting those two players, and therefore a new midfield, for just over £90m in total represents the best bit of transfer business completed by a big club in recent times.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
They could sell Dembele to us for 60m, that would solve half of their problem.

redIndianDevil

According to the article they hope to raise that amount by offloading Coutingo and Rakitic.

Coutinho failed miserably at Barca. Him and Dembele were panic buys by Barcelona to appease the fans who were unhappy about Neymar leaving and they both didn't live up to expectations. How much can they possibly get for the Brazilian? Even if he has a great season for Bayern, they'll be lucky to get half of what they paid to Pool.

Rakitic is 31 and will be 32 by the time the season ends. Who would want to spend big money on him?
We are stupid enough to do that

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah that's why we just signed two 21 year olds and 26 year old. All full internationals.

RayParlourIsMyGod

Supports
Arsenal
I know what you mean and I'm saying the investment in him is huge but worth it obviously. He contributes a lot on and off the pitch from a financial POV. It's helped them a lot but I also think in some way, it's hindered them from improving certain areas of their squad over the years
That is a minor consequence of retaining the best player to ever lace a boot.