Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
How can this not end in a transfer ban and points deduction?

They have entered into commercial deals and transfer business and are unable to register the players. If they can't register them for a year, do you think they will still pay the players? Of course not. More legal wranglings coming for sure and the selling clubs will start legal proceedings so to make sure they get the fees.

Barcelona are acting like they have a devine right to be successful. Horrific arrogance and hubris. Hope the club folds tbh

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Isn’t this a perfect match of the so-called money laundering (in a stupid way and purpose though)? They have 150mil (not illegal obtained though) which is not counted to increase the salary cap, so they money launder it. What are Spain law enforcements doing now?
Edit: not perfect but close to.
Nah, it looks like a sort of owner buy-out, which is totally fine and legal in most countries, but La Liga is right not to count the proceeds of the sale as you're pretty much selling your assets to yourself.

Pretty stupid from them to attempt such restructuring without being sure it'll work though...

The Purley King

Credit rating in the toilet, clever accounting trick costs them €30m, no signings registered, claiming fraud for the size of the contract for FdJ and the clock very much ticking.
Will be an interesting week for sure!

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Just out of interest but what's the general opinion about what Barca is doing in the Real Madrid fan camp?
I think most people who don't support Barcelona are going to agree what they're doing has been insanely irresponsible and personally think they're behaving like gangsters with the whole De Jong mess. Aside from that I really don't know what to think, this could fail miserably of if they do manage to register all their players (while also signing the likes of Silva, [Irrelevant point], etc.) then suddenly they're going to be favorites to win the league. So it's hard to make an opinion beyond that, first they need to be able to register their players but I'm sure Laporta is capable of selling his mother in order to register all their players.

Gee Male

I think most people who don't support Barcelona are going to agree what they're doing has been insanely irresponsible and personally think they're behaving like gangsters with the whole De Jong mess. Aside from that I really don't know what to think, this could fail miserably of if they do manage to register all their players (while also signing the likes of Silva, [Irrelevant point], etc.) then suddenly they're going to be favorites to win the league. So it's hard to make an opinion beyond that, first they need to be able to register their players but I'm sure Laporta is capable of selling his mother in order to register all their players.
United submit 15m bid for Laporta's mother

Lecland07

There are no owners even remotely close in “elite” football. We have the worst, bar none, by a distance. Scum.

Barca are morally bankrupt and a laughing stock, but at least (for now) they are owned by their supporters.
Is that a positive in this situation? So many of them have no idea about financials and how to run a club, but these people get to vote. They voted to kick the can down the road based on the advice of the board.

Supporters are fine, but completely useless when it comes to a club that are in a disastrous position like Barcelona.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Gerard Pique has officially told FC Barcelona that he is invalidating his current contract & will sign a new one with a lot less salary.
@CatalunyaRadio

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Gerard Pique has officially told FC Barcelona that he is invalidating his current contract & will sign a new one with a lot less salary.
@CatalunyaRadio
May as well just launch his presidential campaign whilst he's at it :lol:

Blackwidow

I think the dressing room etc. and mentality itself is a very important topic when you want to have success... With all this stories I do not really see them to have success even with the best team on paper...

Football today is not just about talent but the willingness to run that extra mile for your team...

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I think the dressing room etc. and mentality itself is a very important topic when you want to have success... With all this stories I do not really see them to have success even with the best team on paper...

Football today is not just about talent but the willingness to run that extra mile for your team...
Of course all these signing doesn't guarantee success and titles, but like you said on paper it's a strong team with a lot of depth to challenge on all fronts. As their rivals this is a bit worriesome in the short term but this also puts more pressure on them, and on Xavi in particular, to deliver this very season and with all the new players and issues regarding their contracts they could very well crumble under pressure and fail miserably yet again. :)

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Is that a positive in this situation? So many of them have no idea about financials and how to run a club, but these people get to vote. They voted to kick the can down the road based on the advice of the board.

Supporters are fine, but completely useless when it comes to a club that are in a disastrous position like Barcelona.
Well considering that Laporta campaigned by hugging a mannequin with Messi's jersey, you can wonder...

city-puma

Nah, it looks like a sort of owner buy-out, which is totally fine and legal in most countries, but La Liga is right not to count the proceeds of the sale as you're pretty much selling your assets to yourself.

Pretty stupid from them to attempt such restructuring without being sure it'll work though...
I don’t know the tax code in Spain. But intuitively, if they use that 150mil to settle the deferred payments to the players they want to move out, it becomes cost to deduct the overall taxable amount. Now, they will need to pay tax as the tweet says. Is it true? Sounds very funny.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I don’t know the tax code in Spain. But intuitively, if they use that 150mil to settle the deferred payments to the players they want to move out, it becomes cost to deduct the overall taxable amount. Now, they will need to pay tax as the tweet says. Is it true? Sounds very funny.
It's not because of the way they'll use the money, it's because these 150M will allegedly be taxed as capital gains.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Your link and those statements don't contradict themselves. Those ratings change all the time. It's a fact, that barca was pre covid the club with the highest revenue of all football clubs. Let's see a year from now how high the revenue will be with tourism back on track again. Yesterday, we had 83.000 fans in the stadium during a friendly match. Many of them tourists who spend money. Let's see how the season goes and matchday income rises without any covid restrictions :).
What's the average attendance for non-exhibition games again. Please remind us.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
About time you guys started to apologise to us.
:lol: well met.

Money recycling?
That's a bit closer, yes. The capital gains interpretation by La Liga makes the the most sense as the club invested in a company and are claiming that investment as income. Seeing as they are now not allowed to claim it as income and have cost themselves over 30 million, it's possibly one of the dumbest financial moves ever.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
"Remember that in corporate tax the Tax Agency is paid 25% for profits. Barça will say that those 37.5 million taxes will be offset with losses from other years (tax credit), but the reality is that it will always have 37.5 million more taxes to pay."

It would be fine how the issue would look with the tax credit.

Alonzo

It is a positive when compared to disinterested, absentee, vulture capitalists, in it only to extract the maximum value for their personal gain.

Put it this way - the worst case scenario (selling the club) needs to happen, to have an ownership situation similar to ours even become a possibility.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Gerard Romero:

"The transfer of [Irrelevant point] with Chelsea closing with 8M with variables included and a contract of 2 + 1."

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Maybe they’re trying to do that Mr Burns thing where they have so many players they can’t register they cancel each other out?

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Interesting question: if you opened a lawsuit inquiry into the contracts created for the deferred wages…. CAN you legally just choose to settle and ignore one while reviewing the others?

Isn’t, legally, a complete review of ALL the cases they said violated the law in order before anything is touched?
Did you violate the law working a side deal with only Pique? Did you use coercion related to the separate dealings with Pique to otherwise intimidate, influence, or bribe the other “violators” and witnesses being reviewed?

In other words: “ALL contracts made by these people are crimes, there needs to be a review!”

“…. except on that one. We fixed that one, under Laporte’s desk …. Just now…. Pretend it’s not there”

Last edited:

wangyu

How big is Barca’s squad? By now they can field 3 teams that all can win the league on their own.
Here I was thinking they were finished after the financial woes and Messi’s exit, how wrong was I.
In the meantime utd struggles to sign players window after window despite a filthy amount of cash. We are truly unloved.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
How big is Barca’s squad? By now they can field 3 teams that all can win the league on their own.
Here I was thinking they were finished after the financial woes and Messi’s exit, how wrong was I.
In the meantime utd struggles to sign players window after window despite a filthy amount of cash. We are truly unloved.
Fair point, they’ve crashed badly, not unlike ourselves, and yet players are desperate to sign for them, likely for less money than they’d get elsewhere (we would almost certainly pay them all more).

Sir Alex was so good at management that Harvard invited him to teach the subject on their campus.

United post-Gill & SAF will be a case study on failure of the most monumental degree, scale and depth, taught right next to it.

And so many fans could see it, when we promoted the head of marketing to run the club. If we’ve had a single good transfer since then it’s because even a stopped watch is right twice a day.

If we had put a DOF in place and hired a football person at the top, even if the managers didn’t work out, we’d at least have built a squad worth their price, and a new manager would have something to work with, and a team that fit a system.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Does anyone actually believe they'll fail to register the new players before Saturday? I'm just assuming they'll pull something out of nowhere before then

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
What's the average attendance for non-exhibition games again. Please remind us.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Gamper_Trophy

As you can see, 83.000 is a very good number, especially considering the opponent. In the last 10 years, only Arsenal and Roma attracted more fans. And Roma 2015 was the triple MSN year. Also I don't think they all visited the Camp Nou to say farewell to Alves. They wanted to see the new stars. Lewy, Raphina, Kounde. There is a spirit of optimism, especially after the horrendous last year's performance.
Barca earned nearly €3m in tickets just for a friendly match. It's clear how much the club's revenue depends on tourism.
Will the investements in new stars pay off in the end? Who can say. For that, we need to wait at least a year.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Gamper_Trophy

As you can see, 83.000 is a very good number considering the opponent. In the last 10 years, only Arsenal and Roma attracted more fans. And Roma 2015 was the triple MSN year. Also I don't think they all visited the Camp Nou to say farewell to Alves. They wanted to see the new stars. Lewy, Raphina, Kounde. There is a spirit of optimism, especially after the horrendous last year's performance.
Barca earned nearly €3m in tickets just for a friendly match. It's clear how much the club's revenue depends on tourism.
Will the investements in new stars pay off in the end? Who can say. For that, we need to wait at least a year.
Only chance to do so, good point

Tony247

It's weirdly comforting that even as shambolic a state as we are in as a club, there is always someone worse.

That's fraud, not smart accounting. An attempt to mislead regulators. A criminal offence.