Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
El vídeo de Nacho Jiménez ayer en lo de Gavi ya lleva 15 millones de reproducciones. :lol:

I read not long ago that Gavi continues to live in La Masía and that he acts like a father figure to the young players. Maybe he moved elsewhere now but I think that this speaks well of him and that all the fame has not went to his head. He is similar in this regard to Pedri. Another similarity with Don Andrés and Xavi that the new duo has. If they can just be half as successful as them, we are in for a very exciting time. Time will tell.
Sí, se ha hecho tremendamente viral. Al parecer ya salió la identidad de la chica :)

Gavi recently moved but goes to eat at La Masia every day and visit the boys.

Woodzy

It’s starting to feel like these cnuts have levered their way into being relevant again. Long way to go yet though.

colombianmancunian

It’s starting to feel like these cnuts have levered their way into being relevant again. Long way to go yet though.
Long way to go. So far they haven’t accomplish anything of note, aside from losing to daddy Bayern, but is too early to tell.

I hope they implode, their fan base is insufferable, entitled cnuts who believe we are still on 2009 or 2011 when they were the best around (although everyone knows they reached CL final on 2009 due to Obrevo, those theatrical cheating cnuts).

Last edited:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
The backbone of Rafa Márquez's Barça Atlètic.

Rafa Márquez makes a description of the most outstanding players of his team.

Chadi Riad (19) - CB
"A centre-back of great quality and ball output. With experience and maturity despite his young age. A leader in the field.

Marc Casadó (19) - Pivot
"Who best exercises that role of silent leader that was attributed to me. Based on how he behaves, it's fundamental to me. "

Txus Alba (19) - CM
"Apart from quality, he has a very competitive spirit, he doesn't give a ball for dead, which makes him a different player. "

Ilias Akhomach (18) - RW
"A different player, who is seen little in today's football. A very polite left and the facility to get two rivals in the same play. "

Aleix Garrido (18) - CM
"He's very smart, he reminds me a lot of Iniesta. He is placed and profiled very well, he knows when to get rid of the play, how to give the pass."

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
The backbone of Rafa Márquez's Barça Atlètic.

Rafa Márquez makes a description of the most outstanding players of his team.

Chadi Riad (19) - CB
"A centre-back of great quality and ball output. With experience and maturity despite his young age. A leader in the field.

Marc Casadó (19) - Pivot
"Who best exercises that role of silent leader that was attributed to me. Based on how he behaves, it's fundamental to me. "

Txus Alba (19) - CM
"Apart from quality, he has a very competitive spirit, he doesn't give a ball for dead, which makes him a different player. "

Ilias Akhomach (18) - RW
"A different player, who is seen little in today's football. A very polite left and the facility to get two rivals in the same play. "

Aleix Garrido (18) - CM
"He's very smart, he reminds me a lot of Iniesta. He is placed and profiled very well, he knows when to get rid of the play, how to give the pass."
I hope Pablo Torre accepts to play with them or he is not going to play at all.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I hope Pablo Torre accepts to play with them or he is not going to play at all.
I think he will agree to play with them. And I hope he plays instead of Txus Alba. Txus is a good player but I see Aleix Garrido with a much higher ceiling.

#00F

Supports
Barca
Barca’s budget has been approved for the 22/23 season. Projected turnover: €1,255M Profit forecasted: €274m. The 2021/22 financial year ended with revenue of €1,017m and a profit of €98m.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Barca’s budget has been approved for the 22/23 season. Projected turnover: €1,255M Profit forecasted: €274m. The 2021/22 financial year ended with revenue of €1,017m and a profit of €98m.
well both years are heavily inflated with those levers. It will be interesting to see, if we can reach the €1b without them in the 23/24 season. It will also depend on the Nou Camp Nou and for that, the club needs to start the work. They are delaying again without any information. Maybe because the prizes on raw materials and the work itself exploded.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
well both years are heavily inflated with those levers. It will be interesting to see, if we can reach the €1b without them in the 23/24 season. It will also depend on the Nou Camp Nou and for that, the club needs to start the work. They are delaying again without any information. Maybe because the prizes on raw materials and the work itself exploded.
It depends on performances. The Camp Nou is getting over 80k people regularly so if we can keep playing well it is likely.

cyberman

What’s this projected nonsense about? The last thing I believe from Barca are assumed numbers

GinobiliTheGOAT

Long way to go. So far they haven’t accomplish anything of note, aside from losing to daddy Bayern, but is too early to tell.

I hope they implode, their fan base is insufferable, entitled cnuts who believe we are still on 2009 or 2011 when they were the best around (although everyone knows they reached CL final on 2009 due to Obrevo, those theatrical cheating cnuts).
Barca are doing very well, learn to cope with it

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
The economics of the club at the moment are not sustainable until Piqué, Alba and Busquets leave. FdJ we will see what happens with him.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
The economics of the club at the moment are not sustainable until Piqué, Alba and Busquets leave. FdJ we will see what happens with him.
Busquets will definetly leave next summer. Pique most likely also, because he has too much pride and said it himself several times he will not end his career as a substitute. Alba will sit on his contract till the end I believe. All 3 players cost the club over €100m this year together with those deferrals according to close sources. That's insane.

Alonzo

No need to worry about Barcelona now the transfer window is shut, what’s done is done. Obviously, their behaviour to anyone not a supporter of the club is somewhere between unusual-embarrassing-repulsive, depending on who you are. I do find the defence of the clubs sleazy behaviour by their supporters weird, especially in contrast to how we (United) are pretty objective about our own faults. But whatever. See where they get to this season. Madrid are better, and they have 0 chance in CL. Let em have their fun

cyberman

Busquets will definetly leave next summer. Pique most likely also, because he has too much pride and said it himself several times he will not end his career as a substitute. Alba will sit on his contract till the end I believe. All 3 players cost the club over €100m this year together with those deferrals according to close sources. That's insane.
It’s not that insane. You saved 100m the few years before this so evens out

Teja

The reason they make 100m now is because you didn't pay them in the two years before this one. That is after they already made sacrifices and reduced their contracts which they didn't really have to do. They could've all gone Gareth Bale and played golf.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Entertaining days are coming with the new wave of leaks that are yet to come.
Something of what Messi asked to renew has already appeared and tomorrow it will be Piqué's turn as it seems.

LoneStar

What are Barca's objectives this season and maybe even for the next? They signed a load of players (presumably on big wages), and had to pull a lot of financial 'levers' for that (i.e. selling the future for the present).

What happens if they don't win anything for the next 2 years? It's definitely a possibility, given that Real Madrid are looking good in the league, and Barca need a minor miracle to win the CL. Moreover, Real Madrid have a pretty young team, which will likely peak somewhere in the future.

Alonzo

Entertaining days are coming with the new wave of leaks that are yet to come.
Something of what Messi asked to renew has already appeared and tomorrow it will be Piqué's turn as it seems.
The club is happy to throw their greatest ever player, literally the reason they are where they are, and another legend of their most successful era, in who has sacrificed for the club, under the bus. And rather than find it appalling, their fans defend the clubs behaviour. This is why we should not take their opinions seriously.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
The club is happy to throw their greatest ever player, literally the reason they are where they are, and another legend of their most successful era, in who has sacrificed for the club, under the bus. And rather than find it appalling, their fans defend the clubs behaviour. This is why we should not take their opinions seriously.
Messi didn't sacrifice anything for the club. I remind you that he earned €555M for 4 years of contract. And the first year that Barcelona did not want to pay him the barbarity he wanted because he sent a burofax.
If it weren't for Barcelona that paid him for the growth treatment, he might not have been able to be a footballer. In Argentina, no one paid for it.

Secondly, that information comes from a judicial investigation into Barcagate.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I love how Barcelona fans pretend that the growth treatment actually represents a big expense or sacrifice for a big club. Messi was getting it whether it was at Barcelona or somewhere else, don't fool yourself.

Alonzo

Messi didn't sacrifice anything for the club. I remind you that he earned €555M for 4 years of contract. And the first year that Barcelona did not want to pay him the barbarity he wanted because he sent a burofax.
If it weren't for Barcelona that paid him for the growth treatment, he might not have been able to be a footballer. In Argentina, no one paid for it.

Secondly, that information comes from a judicial investigation into Barcagate.
Barcelona would be nowhere near the club they are were it not for messi. You only undermine your own credibility by arguing against that. And yes, they have thrown him under the bus. Messi has publicly criticised Barcelona and Laporta.

Secondly, i was referring to pique, who *did* sacrifice significant wages for the club.

You are as one eyed a supporter as it gets. Completely delusional and willing to twist anything to fit your narrative. Good for you but fooling no one. Carry on.

Alonzo

I love how Barcelona fans pretend that the growth treatment actually represents a big expense or sacrifice for a big club. Messi was getting it whether it was at Barcelona or somewhere else, don't fool yourself.
Of course. The delusion is DEEP.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
First learn to politely give arguments that you always go with an attitude of moral superiority and disrespect.

That other club was interested in Messi? Only River Plate and information appeared at the time that they were not willing to pay for the treatment. There was no other European club interested in that child.

He plays for Spain but he is born in Italy, both of his parents are brazilian and he grew up with his mother in Brazil until he joined Barcelona's academy. He is also a brazilian national.
Same as here. You were talking about Thiago Alcántara. He grew up with his family first in Valencia and then Mazinho signed for Celta de Vigo.
The coincidence is that I played in a club called Priegue C. F. and Mazinho lived near there. And as a result the father got them into the club for two years. Every time I went to train they were already halfway through training, both him and Rafinha, and they were a spectacle playing. They stayed 2 years and then went to Ureca, a club that was 2 kilometers away and where Rodrigo Moreno played.
Mazinho after Celta went to Elche and then returned to Brazil.
And the mother played in a volleyball club in Vigo.

In Brazil they were only about 3 years. So he grew up in Brazil until he went to Barcelona is totally false.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Barcelona would be nowhere near the club they are were it not for messi. You only undermine your own credibility by arguing against that. And yes, they have thrown him under the bus. Messi has publicly criticised Barcelona and Laporta.

Secondly, i was referring to pique, who *did* sacrifice significant wages for the club.

You are as one eyed a supporter as it gets. Completely delusional and willing to twist anything to fit your narrative. Good for you but fooling no one. Carry on.
Of all that you have written, most of it is insults and contempt for me and no arguments.

You're mixing things up. As I explained before, if Barcelona had not paid for the treatment nobody would have done it. At least in the short term.
And second, Barcelona had a great team, obviously Messi was the best. And we'll never know Barcelona would have won without him. The rest are speculations that only serve to waste time.

And by the way, Barcelona with a Messi who barely played the last months due to injury was champion of the champions league

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
100 mil profit. Well of course you will end with frofit when you sold your "family gold".
Lets talk about profit in 23/24 season when levers will not go into account

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

2011 title was also Uefalona style. You forgot how RVP got silly red card while Arsenal had a lead?
And in both of those years we lost in finals against them. Pathetic cheating club

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
2011 title was also Uefalona style. You forgot how RVP got silly red card while Arsenal had a lead?
And in both of those years we lost in finals against them. Pathetic cheating club
The red card went with the match 1-1.

And in the first leg there was a goal annulled to Messi for offside that was not and a
penalty and expulsion that was not whistled.

From a possible 0-3 and Arsenal with 10 players in the first half to a 0-1 and with 11.

Alonzo

Of all that you have written, most of it is insults and contempt for me and no arguments.

You're mixing things up. As I explained before, if Barcelona had not paid for the treatment nobody would have done it. At least in the short term.
And second, Barcelona had a great team, obviously Messi was the best. And we'll never know Barcelona would have won without him. The rest are speculations that only serve to waste time.

And by the way, Barcelona with a Messi who barely played the last months due to injury was champion of the champions league
“At least is the short term” is going to need injections itself for all the heavy lifting it’s doing in that sentence haha. If you think Barcelona would be where they are now without messi playing for them for 20 years, you are in a very small minority. Besides that though, you’re comfortable using the hypothetical “no one would have” to support your point in the first paragraph, and in the next paragraph, the exact opposite logic of “we’ll never know and it’s a waste of time to speculate”. Inconsistency doesn’t make for strong arguments.

You can clutch pearls at being insulted, and be reductive of what I’ve said all you like, but your self righteousness masked as level headedness still doesn’t wash. Weak arguments. My initial point was barcelona are comfortable with publicly trashing their greatest player (messi), and another legend (pique)who has made significant sacrifices, that that behaviour is sleazy, and that it’s notable how fervently such behaviour is defended by their supporters. Youhave made my point. No problem, again, all the best, but when i say you just twist words to fit your narrative, don’t then twist my words, tell me I’m just insulting you and flip the focus away from the initial point.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The red card went with the match 1-1.

And in the first leg there was a goal annulled to Messi for offside that was not and a
penalty and expulsion that was not whistled.

From a possible 0-3 and Arsenal with 10 players in the first half to a 0-1 and with 11.
Red was in situation where Arsenal had overall lead in 50th or 55th minute. So Barca was in losing position at that moment.
Don't talk about red cards please. I remember that in that second game Barca player grab for the neck Rvp (or someone) without getting red card. And if we go more in the past, in CL final vs Arsenal you also scored goal from offside after losing 1-0.

You had great generation but you would won shit without refs.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Red was in situation where Arsenal had overall lead in 50th or 55th minute. So Barca was in losing position at that moment.
Don't talk about red cards please. I remember that in that second game Barca player grab for the neck Rvp (or someone) without getting red card. And if we go more in the past, in CL final vs Arsenal you also scored goal from offside after losing 1-0.

You had great generation but you would won shit without refs.
Watch the first half of the first leg.

JPRouve

Scout
“At least is the short term” is going to need injections itself for all the heavy lifting it’s doing in that sentence haha. If you think Barcelona would be where they are now without messi playing for them for 20 years, you are in a very small minority. Besides that though, you’re comfortable using the hypothetical “no one would have” to support your point in the first paragraph, and in the next paragraph, the exact opposite logic of “we’ll never know and it’s a waste of time to speculate”. Inconsistency doesn’t make for strong arguments.

You can clutch pearls at being insulted, and be reductive of what I’ve said all you like, but your self righteousness masked as level headedness still doesn’t wash. Weak arguments. My initial point was barcelona are comfortable with publicly trashing their greatest player (messi), and another legend (pique)who has made significant sacrifices, that that behaviour is sleazy, and that it’s notable how fervently such behaviour is defended by their supporters. Youhave made my point. No problem, again, all the best, but when i say you just twist words to fit your narrative, don’t then twist my words, tell me I’m just insulting you and flip the focus away from the initial point.
It's fair to point out that some Barcelona fans on this forum have stayed away from these threads and levers malarkey because they disagree with it. And I know that in general many Barcelona fans aren't happy with the way Bartomeu and now Laporta have behaved, they support the club but don't agree with the boards.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

Barcelona paid Messi for a treatment that no one else paid for at that time. And then Barcelona formed him with the game philosophy of the Club.
That Barcelona should thank Messi for doing things well? Messi was the best player, without a doubt, but that Barcelona was a great team as it was seen that the backbone won two European Championships and a World Cup in a row and Messi was not there. That Barcelona without Messi would still have won a title less? is likely, and? Well, that would have some less title and many more millions.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how anyone who knows piqué's episodes can defend him.
What sacrifices did Piqué make?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

When I refer in the short term, it is because no one paid for the treatment that he needed at that very moment.

Ad populum argument. I already answered this in another post.

Predicting what Barcelona would have won in 20 years with or without Messi is impossible and therefore hypothetical.
In the case of Messi's treatment, it is a fact that no one was going to pay for it except Barcelona. Have you heard any club say that at that time they were going to pay for Messi's treatment? No. Because the only club interested in signing him was River Plate, apart from Barcelona, and they had already told the Messi family that they would not be in charge of any treatment. So in the short term no one was going to pay him.

Last edited:

Tommy79

A year prior to his Camp Nou exit, Messi was in talks to put pen to paper on a new contract before unsuccessfully trying to force his exit from the club by submitting a burofax – a legal document common in Spain.

All of Messi’s requests were accepted by the club, apart from the Argentine’s demand to remove his €700million (£613m) release clause. Instead, the player wanted to have a symbolic €10,000 (£8,750) release should he wish to leave the club at any time – a reality which played out months later.

There were a series of requests that Messi made to the club, including demanding that his family had access to a luxury box at Camp Nou. Furthermore, he wished for his friend Luis Suarez – who at that stage was still a teammate at the Blaugrana before leaving for Atletico Madrid – to have the same access for a separate box at the stadium.

Messi was also determined for the club to allow him access to a private jet, which he would be able to utilize to fly him and his family to and from Argentina for the Christmas holidays.

Furthermore, Messi wanted a €10m (£8.75m) signing on bonus for agreeing a new deal and recovering the wage cut that he had agreed during the pandemic with an interest rate of three per cent. He had wanted his 20 per cent fixed salary reduction in the 2020/21 campaign to be boosted by two separate increases of 10 per cent across the next two seasons, alongside the interest rate.

JPRouve

Scout
Same as here. You were talking about Thiago Alcántara. He grew up with his family first in Valencia and then Mazinho signed for Celta de Vigo.
The coincidence is that I played in a club called Priegue C. F. and Mazinho lived near there. And as a result the father got them into the club for two years. Every time I went to train they were already halfway through training, both him and Rafinha, and they were a spectacle playing. They stayed 2 years and then went to Ureca, a club that was 2 kilometers away and where Rodrigo Moreno played.
Mazinho after Celta went to Elche and then returned to Brazil.
And the mother played in a volleyball club in Vigo.
I should have said partially, you are right on that and I don't know why I didn't. But what has that got to do with Messi and his treatment? It wasn't even in this thread nor addressed to you, did you sat on it for weeks?
:lol:

And you have no idea about what or who would have signed Messi and what they would have paid or not. Again, we are not talking about a big expense for big clubs.

Last edited:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I should have said partially, you are right on that and I don't know why I didn't. But what has got to do with Messi and his treatment? It wasn't even in this thread nor addressed to you, did you sat on it for weeks?
:lol:

And you have no idea about what or who would have signed Messi and what they would have paid or not. Again, we are not talking about a big expense for big clubs.
It's not about the amount of treatment. Messi was a totally unknown player in Europe and no one had any record or reports of him, supposedly.
In 20 years I have not read anyone say that they were scouting him before signing for Barcelona. What is known is that he was going to sign for River Plate but they did not pay for the treatment.
If Barcelona did not know of his existence, it is most likely that he would play for River Plate but without the treatment. It is most likely given the information we have. Maybe something else happened but it's much more unlikely