Barcelona offices raided by police - Bartomeu arrested?

NotThatSoph

Spanish articles from Cardena Ser and AS. It's about "Barcagate", the accusation that PR company I3 Ventures were hired to bolster the image of the board while attacking their own players. The police have apparently been on the case for months. Cardena Ser and AS write that detentions/arrests have not been ruled out, while there's talk elsewhere that Bartomeu and a couple others have been arrested.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Bartomeu said

"Arrested? On what charge? Running a team? A successful European team? Get your hand off my penis!"

dal

How the hell can you get arrested for that? :lol:

Surely a reputable PR firm would say no if it was illegal. Can’t the papers write pretty much what they want and cover it by “our source”.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Surely a reputable PR firm would say no if it was illegal. Can’t the papers write pretty much what they want and cover it by “our source”.
Maybe it's less about what was done and more about who commissioned it or who paid for it. I don't know the precise English term for it, but Barca's current directors using club funds to target political opponents and their own club (in the form of players) might constitute some form of breach of trust/embezzlement.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Bit naive there

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Technically it can go under fraud. If you can prove that someone lied in order to gain a benefit then depending on the country you have demonstrated the existence of a crime or felony. The issue is to prove it which is why it's difficult to stop papers since by law they generally don't have to give their source, you and I for example aren't protected though.

RoyH1

Wow, that doesn't happen every day. So which of the presidential candidate benefits from this?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Need that wasted GTA clip with Barcelona's club badge all over it

Green_Red

No, I thought the courts could compel news agencies to reveal their sources, especially in Europe.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Worst run club in the world