Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Robertd0803

I heard that they still owe Liverpool about 70 million euros for coutinho .
I think it was mentioned somewhere that an agency had to take on the Coutinho fee because Barca couldnt pay it and paid Liverpool and now Barca owe the agency with higher interest and Liverpool arent owed anything.

For the life of me cant remember where it was reported.

Cloud7

I think it was mentioned somewhere that an agency had to take on the Coutinho fee because Barca couldnt pay it and paid Liverpool and now Barca owe the agency with higher interest and Liverpool arent owed anything.

For the life of me cant remember where it was reported.
Football loan shark? :nervous:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Erm, those figures look low. A lot of other places have Griezmann currently on somewhere between €800-€885k a week, which would be similar to his AM last year. I reckon, his base is lower at Barca and then topped up with image fees.

It is the same deal with Coutinho, some places list him as €160k a week, but that would've meant he took a slight pay cut after leaving Liverpool, whilst others have him at €300k a week.

Personally, I am inclined to go with the higher wages at Barca. You don't get to €660m+ a year salary bill paying the same wages everyone else does.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
People in this thread saying Barca won’t make top 4 without Messi :lol:
Can you also name which teams you think can get the third and the fourth spot (assuming Real and Atleti get top two)?
Sevilla, Villareal & Real Sociedad would be the contenders for 3rd spot. Sevilla was just 2 points behind last season.

I don't see Barca or Real Madrid competing with Atletico this year. I think this is Atletico's chance to take a step forward into becoming a real big club in Spain.

432JuanMata

See the thing about Messi is that when players get older they try compensate for either there weaknesses or what they have declined at. You don’t see Ronaldo running down the wing at FB’s because he doesn’t possess that so he is more of a ST and has less responsibility’s.
Messi is doing the same but instead he drops deep and tries to dictate and create. He won most MOTM’s last year because he was class yet might not score which people look at who don’t watch every match.

Imagine being Messi who drops deeper to create for forwards and seeing Braitewaite up top ? I’m telling everyone if he left they would sort out the finance problem but they would be nothing.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
See the thing about Messi is that when players get older they try compensate for either there weaknesses or what they have declined at. You don’t see Ronaldo running down the wing at FB’s because he doesn’t possess that so he is more of a ST and has less responsibility’s.
Messi is doing the same but instead he drops deep and tries to dictate and create. He won most MOTM’s last year because he was class yet might not score which people look at who don’t watch every match.

Imagine being Messi who drops deeper to create for forwards and seeing Braitewaite up top ? I’m telling everyone if he left they would sort out the finance problem but they would be nothing.
What do you think happens when he retires?

It’s not long off so they’re going to have to deal with losing him at some point soon, the question is will there still be a club at all left when he does go.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Surely they would have had to pay out his remaining contract though right?
They're trying not to, found that in another article :

The club have argued that they were entitled to terminate Matheus' contract if they believed he was not performing at a high-enough level. RAC1 note Barcelona pointed to his poor form during the season, his lack of minutes compared to other midfielders and his performances in training, in which he was below average in six of nine important categories.

If true, it means they're cutting players via email because they deem their performances insufficiant in order to make room for Messi's wage. Hope he wins his lawsuit, it really is pathetic.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Barca still owe us a favor for giving away Pique for practically nothing.

I would love it if Garcia, Aguero and Depay have to find another club! I hope this is the end of Spain dominating club soccer

caid

It'd set a terrible precedent if clubs were able to unilaterally cancel contracts. What happens when a player gets a long term injury? Or a new chairman comes in and decides he doesn't like half the squad?
I get other spanish clubs wanting to 'save' Barcelona but when they make 3 new signings and renew the most expensive contract in club football you kind of have to question if giving them leeway is helping matters.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
What’s the latest update with barca? Can anyone fill me in?

I’m confused what the alternate solution is if they can’t get rid of more players.. will they have to pick between registering Messi and the rest of their new signings or they can’t register all of them at all until they move any players?

Rumours were they wanted money + Saul when discussing the Griezmann swap with Atleti.. will they have to forego the money and let him go for free just to get him off the wage bill?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
What’s the latest update with barca? Can anyone fill me in?

I’m confused what the alternate solution is if they can’t get rid of more players.. will they have to pick between registering Messi and the rest of their new signings or they can’t register all of them at all until they move any players?

Rumours were they wanted money + Saul when discussing the Griezmann swap with Atleti.. will they have to forego the money and let him go for free just to get him off the wage bill?
They can't announce Messi because they can't even register him with the current wage bill. They have to shed a lot of contracts, clubs will be pouncing on their desperation, and the future looks very grim if you're a Barcelona fan. They're trying to negotiate with players like Busquet, Pique (who's already playing ball with them by deferring payments to future seasons), etc. but most players don't feel they need to suffer for the financial irresponsibility of the previous regime. Even if they got all of the players to reduce their salary, they'd still probably need to shed another 100m with player sales. No club is going to take Griezmann, Dembele, etc with the wages they're on without Barcelona still paying a percentage of their salary.

In financial terms, they're royally fecked.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Perhaps its now the best time to raid Barca squad? I mean De Jong might be a good signing for us, Pedri and Fati looks quite nice too.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Messi hasn't signed yet. Technically he's still a free agent right now.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Perhaps its now the best time to raid Barca squad? I mean De Jong might be a good signing for us, Pedri and Fati looks quite nice too.
De Jong might help them trim the bill but pedri and fati won’t. Fati would’ve been a great signing but not anymore. We’re well stocked in that department. Pedri sure but he’s apparently the next heir to the throne and they won’t let him go at any cost. Even if they were to sell either, my guess is it would be a minimum 80m fee.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Anyone here thinks there is no way the Spanish authorities would not allow Barca/Real to not compete in La Liga next season. What about TV/sponsor commitments? A league without those two isn't commercially attractive.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
They can't announce Messi because they can't even register him with the current wage bill. They have to shed a lot of contracts, clubs will be pouncing on their desperation, and the future looks very grim if you're a Barcelona fan. They're trying to negotiate with players like Busquet, Pique (who's already playing ball with them by deferring payments to future seasons), etc. but most players don't feel they need to suffer for the financial irresponsibility of the previous regime. Even if they got all of the players to reduce their salary, they'd still probably need to shed another 100m with player sales. No club is going to take Griezmann, Dembele, etc with the wages they're on without Barcelona still paying a percentage of their salary.

Cheers mate.

I was also thinking about how they’re stuck with all their high profile signings; Coutinho, Dembele & Griezmann.

I’m looking forward to august 31 which is the deadline to register the squad. *grabs popcorn

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Anyone here thinks there is no way the Spanish authorities would not allow Barca/Real to not compete in La Liga next season. What about TV/sponsor commitments? A league without those two isn't commercially attractive.
Well it’s not like they’re not allowing them to play or compete. Besides if they try to backtrack now, all the other clubs will create a ruckus.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I agree with that

My point isn't that he should resign him, it's that he really could not possibly not even try. That would immediately turn the club against him
He has to consider what’s best for the club, not what’s best for him

M16Red

Might actually make the league better them two losing talent, if not watched that league for years.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He has to consider what’s best for the club, not what’s best for him

Whether or not one believes that Messi generates Barca so much money, case in point is that it is written in the contracts that the sponsors pay less if Messi isn't in the team - justified or not, as far as we know these clauses exist. So it is very likely that Barcelona need him in the short term to buy time to get their finances right.

That aside, if you have the choice between signing Messi on €50m a year or Griezmann on €35m a year, it really is a no brainer who you want to leave.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Barcelona can sell a few players and solve the problem. They're simply refusing to do that. They've tried the shenanigans swap with Griezmann for Saul, that's it...

Griezmanns value is pretty much zero because he's on €50m a year ish in wages. As a free transfer it's probably workable for big clubs, just about.

They have guys like Pedri, Fati, De Jong, Ter Stegen and others who would all go for big money and are on decent wages.

They also have older players like Busquets, Alba, Umtiti, Coutinho who are on massive money, €20m a year at least, who they can't sell easily. They're trying to get them to take a huge pay cut. Can't imagine why any of them would agree to it.

Might end up in court, would be an interesting dressing room dynamic this season that's for sure.

The published supposed wages of Barcelona players are too low, know that because can get the total wage bill from Barcelona published annual report and it doesn't add up.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I maybe wrong but as I understand it Barcalona won't be banned from La Liga, they just wont be able to play their unregistered players who obviously include Messi, Aguero and Depay. Dembele and Braithwaite will still be free to stroll the pitch!

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Barcelona can sell a few players and solve the problem. They're simply refusing to do that. They've tried the shenanigans swap with Griezmann for Saul, that's it...

Griezmanns value is pretty much zero because he's on €50m a year ish in wages. As a free transfer it's probably workable for big clubs, just about.

They have guys like Pedri, Fati, De Jong, Ter Stegen and others who would all go for big money and are on decent wages.

They also have older players like Busquets, Alba, Umtiti, Coutinho who are on massive money, €20m a year at least, who they can't sell easily. They're trying to get them to take a huge pay cut. Can't imagine why any of them would agree to it.

Might end up in court, would be an interesting dressing room dynamic this season that's for sure.

The published supposed wages of Barcelona players are too low, know that because can get the total wage bill from Barcelona published annual report and it doesn't add up.
This. When people say Greizmann and Coutinho are on less wages than they were previously it just doesn't make any sense because if they were, then Barca's wage bill wouldn't have been €660m+ a year.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

It's a terrible, terrible strategy. 2 years from now they'll end up with retired players they'll still have to pay. Lucky for them Pedri showed up because if it wasn't for him, Barcelona's future would be very grim with only 1 quality midfielder (De Jong).

They will compete, that's why they actually impose restictions on new players being registered. The only question is : who's going to be in the team?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This. When people say Greizmann and Coutinho are on less wages than they were previously it just doesn't make any sense because if they were, then Barca's wage bill wouldn't have been €660m+ a year.
I very much doubt that they aren’t earning much more than they were at Atletico and Liverpool but this isn’t necessarily indicative of how much individual players earn. Barcelona have a deep squad and a lot of deadwood who is presumed to be on high salaries, as well as Messi who made like €200m.

dinostar77

Erm, those figures look low. A lot of other places have Griezmann currently on somewhere between €800-€885k a week, which would be similar to his AM last year. I reckon, his base is lower at Barca and then topped up with image fees.

It is the same deal with Coutinho, some places list him as €160k a week, but that would've meant he took a slight pay cut after leaving Liverpool, whilst others have him at €300k a week.

Personally, I am inclined to go with the higher wages at Barca. You don't get to €660m+ a year salary bill paying the same wages everyone else does.
Coutinho and Griezmann both got substantial payrises when joining Barcelona. Thats why they are is so much trouble the ridiculous salaries they have given out.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Even for free, no one is going to.pay Griezmann €50m a year. Every club has wage structures furthermore, transfer fees are paid for registration. What happens when Griezmann wants to renew the contract...will he earn the same €50m?
The only way they get rid of Griezmann is to pay him off or subsidize his wages.

Cloud7

Barca have saved 6m in wages already.
Once upon a time someone had the big brain theory that Woody prefers to do our transfers late on in the transfer window because it saves us paying a few extra weeks of wages :lol: