Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
It was media day in Barcelona and players had to talk with a bunch of journalists. One of the journalists asked them to address russian fans and that was the result. Lewandowski was also pretty angry about it. Ignorance is no excuse of course, but some footballers are not the brightest lightbulbs. It wouldn't surprise me, if some of them don't even know what's going on over there or don't understand it at all.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It was media day in Barcelona and players had to talk with a bunch of journalists. One of the journalists asked them to address russian fans and that was the result. Lewandowski was also pretty angry about it. Ignorance is no excuse of course, but some footballers are not the brightest lightbulbs. It wouldn't surprise me, if some of them don't even know what's going on over there or don't understand it at all.
Yeah that does seem a bit unfair if that's the context, you'd probably want them to be informed about what's going on in the world (I'm not quite sure how you can be oblivious to what's going on in the Ukraine but I guess some people are), and this should probably have been part of their media trainings/briefings, but they probably had no idea what they were talking about.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
If some of them don’t even know what is going on in Ukraine, they must be living in their own ivory tower x999. Also why has the journalists asked them to address Russian fans? Don’t the journalists know what the public reaction will be?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
What's wrong with addressing Russian fans? Are we cancelling the entire Russian population (of which are football fans and probably some Barca fans) now as a result of the war?

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona

I don't know how I would feel about him leaving.
One the one hand, although he dropped his form a bit lately, he is an excellent defender overall and played a big part in stabilizing our defense this season. It's risky to sell such a player without having a proper replacement. Especially because Araujo is injury prone.
On the other hand, he said it many times he doesn't feel comfortable on the right side and I don't see how it will change going into the next season, because Araujo and Christensen are better than him in the centre right now. So having an expensive, dissatisfied player in the team is not a great solution, if you could make good money by selling him for around €60-70m and that would help immensely with the ffp for the coming summer transfers of Gundogan and Messi.
But if we sell him, we would definetly need a proper right-back and he would also cost a lot of money.

bosskeano

for a team that has a lot of financial restrictions placed on them, they sure have quite the laundry list of players they are targeting this summer

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

I don't know how I would feel about him leaving.
One the one hand, although he dropped his form a bit lately, he is an excellent defender overall and played a big part in stabilizing our defense this season. It's risky to sell such a player without having a proper replacement. Especially because Araujo is injury prone.
On the other hand, he said it many times he doesn't feel comfortable on the right side and I don't see how it will change going into the next season, because Araujo and Christensen are better than him in the centre right now. So having an expensive, dissatisfied player in the team is not a great solution, if you could make good money by selling him for around €60-70m and that would help immensely with the ffp for the coming summer transfers of Gundogan and Messi.
But if we sell him, we would definetly need a proper right-back and he would also cost a lot of money.
In the event that Kounde leaves, I think the most logical option is Foyth. He can play RB and CB and is Xavi's favourite.
You would also have some money left over for the signing of Zubimendi.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
In the event that Kounde leaves, I think the most logical option is Foyth. He can play RB and CB and is Xavi's favourite.
You would also have some money left over for the signing of Zubimendi.
I dont understand so if possible can you enlighten me? Kounde and Ralphinha were this season’s signings, why is Barcelona letting them leave just after 1 season?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I dont understand so if possible can you enlighten me? Kounde and Ralphinha were this season’s signings, why is Barcelona letting them leave just after 1 season?
Kounde has asked to hear offers from other clubs. He doesn't want to play RB again.

Ralphinha for a while was not comfortable at Barcelona because he was a substitute for Dembele. And having a player that you can make a lot of money for on the bench wouldn't be very smart financially.

Barcelona can make money from these operations and sign necessary players.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
:eek:

This is huge. Everything indicated he will fulfill his contract. Did he get a huge offer from Saudi Arabia too?
Alemany opens a bottle of champagne right now. With Busquets and Alba gone, the club frees up around €60m in Masa Salarial.

The game on sunday against Mallorca will be very emotional. We say goodbye to Busquets, Alba and Camp Nou :(

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
:eek:

This is huge. Everything indicated he will fulfill his contract. Did he get a huge offer from Saudi Arabia too?
Alemany opens a bottle of champagne right now. With Busquets and Alba gone, the club frees up around €60m in Masa Salarial.

The game on sunday against Mallorca will be very emotional. We say goodbye to Busquets, Alba and Camp Nou :(
In the end that the departures of Pique, Busquets and Alba Barcelona will save a lot of money. The goal is closer.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Sergi Roberto stays and Ansu will probably leave. Mendes has asked Barcelona to lower the price a little.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
https://www.reuters.com/sports/soccer/barcelona-issues-bonds-camp-nou-revamp-2023-05-31/

"Barcelona issued bonds on Wednesday to finance the revamp of its Camp Nou stadium, agreeing to pay 6%-7.22% interest depending on maturities, more than initially expected, according to data published on the Vienna stock exchange."

"Barca's financial director has estimated the net interest rate would average about 5.5%..."

"Kroll Bond Rating Agency (KBRA) said the revised preliminary debt structure forced it to downgrade the financing plan's rating to BBB from BBB+ due to additional refinancing and interest rate risk. It later converted its preliminary rating to unpublished from published at the club's request."

I worked at a rating agency and have a very clear idea of what conversations were held prior to that.

GeneralKenobi

Laporta and Tebas had a 2.5 hour dinner together in the Laporta's home.
La Liga (Tebas) has given his approval to Barcelona's financial plan and Barcelona (Laporta) has withdrawed from the lawsuit against La Liga because of the CVC affair.

It's not football. It's La Liga.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Was this the 'levers' thread?

Anyway, when Radcliffe was trying to buy 50% of Barcelona, he told them:

“We told them, “Don’t do it, guys – we’ll put in two or three billion, renovate the Nou Camp and have 50 per cent ownership – and sign a deed to say we’d never sell. Our interest was in football alone, not making money. I think it would have worked well.

“We talked about it but, in the end, they didn’t think they could go to the fans with it. The road they are going down is a disaster. We tried to point that out and they said, ‘We know, but . . .’ They are all short-termers [Barcelona regimes] because the president comes in, does it for five years and hands the mess over to someone else.” /

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Let’s not turn this into a Ratcliffe thread guys.

The key from that quote for me is the fact they knew they were selling the future of the club but didn’t care because it wouldn’t be on them to sort it out. This seems to me exactly why they are in the mess they are, and why I wouldn’t want fan ownership or democracy at United. It’s just a popularity contest to be president and the future of the club goes largely by the wayside.

Partridge

Every five years, some Gibronis comes in, cleans up the previous presidents crap..rinse and repeat. Can they not invest and not spend for a season or two, and make some savings...

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Let’s not turn this into a Ratcliffe thread guys.

The key from that quote for me is the fact they knew they were selling the future of the club but didn’t care because it wouldn’t be on them to sort it out. This seems to me exactly why they are in the mess they are, and why I wouldn’t want fan ownership or democracy at United. It’s just a popularity contest to be president and the future of the club goes largely by the wayside.
Agreed, it's not about Ratcliffe, it's about Barcelona.

JagUTD

Was this the 'levers' thread?

Anyway, when Radcliffe was trying to buy 50% of Barcelona, he told them:
Wonder what their end game is? Luck their way through for as long as possible and then hope for a bailout or something?

Playing with fire.

acolyte

Uefa cut off Barcelona and Real Madrid’s future revenue stream lifeline
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...a-real-madrid-uefa-future-revenue-stream-ffp/

Real Madrid and Barcelona have been told by Uefa that the cash generated by the sale of future revenue streams – including broadcast deals and other media assets – will not be considered as legitimate profit in their financial fair play (FFP) consideration.

The decision puts huge pressure on Barcelona to comply with FFP in the next cycle, and goes some way to explaining why Real’s activity in the transfer market has been so limited – aside from Jude Bellingham’s arrival.

Uefa has treated Barcelona’s sale of a range of future income streams for around €700 million last summer, as debt. The same was the case with Real’s €360 million sale of future income from the remodelled Bernabeu to the US investor Sixth Street last summer.
Womp womp

prateik

Is it from now or the money they raised last summer doesnt count either?

acolyte

https://en.as.com/soccer/ousmane-de...ez-why-he-wants-to-leave-barcelona-for-psg-n/

According to AS, Barcelona asked Dembele to give them some of the transfer fee his contract entitles him to.

PSG’s offer of €50 million has triggered a release clause, which states that the attacker himself is due half of that figure.

However, Barça originally tried to convince him to give up some of that money due to the proximity of the start of 2023/24 season, to no avail.

Looks like the levers didn't work...

VARsenal

Supports
Arsenal
thats a mental contract they gave him if true
Think he had all the power in negotiations as he was gonna leave on a free without his terms being met. At least they're getting 25mil instead of nothing.
That said, must eye wateringly painful only making 25mil off a player you invested nearly 150mil in and who's likely yet to hit his peak, especially when you're already skint as a club.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Think he had all the power in negotiations as he was gonna leave on a free without his terms being met. At least they're getting 25mil instead of nothing.
That said, must eye wateringly painful only making 25mil off a player you invested nearly 150mil in and who's likely yet to hit his peak, especially when you're already skint as a club.
The club’s previous management would have been fired withij a short period of time in any normal functioning MNC for financial mismanagement. This also shows that their electorate are full of not very smart people