Barcelona summer sales | 2023 edition

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Get Pedri out of there

Alternatively, get Araujo out of there

Oranges038

In my head, I have this being done like a car boot sale.

Laporta parked up in a church car park, sitting under the shade of the boot lid of his C4, with all his wares on the table in front of him.

RoyH1

They're not going to sell any core players. Exceptions to the rules and credits will be given to make sure they stay afloat. Tebas and Roures will make sure of that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Another summer of pleading poverty, not registering new signings and then blowing 500k pw on Messi right at the end of the window I take it?

city-puma

Another summer of pleading poverty, not registering new signings and then blowing 500k pw on Messi right at the end of the window I take it?
Yeah! And, “it’s happening” is repeated one thousand times.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
When I was younger I used to see Barcelona as really classy. They had an aura about them and commanded respect.

I am honestly a little sad to see where they are today, a shadow of what they were. Cheapened by greed. They have lost all their prestige

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
When I was younger I used to see Barcelona as really classy. They had an aura about them and commanded respect.

I am honestly a little sad to see where they are today, a shadow of what they were. Cheapened by greed. They have lost all their prestige
Absolutely bang on !! They were always the Cadillac of the football world but they have dropped off the scale to become the used car salesman of football.
It saddens me greatly.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Is their situation with Gavi resolved yet?
I don’t think so but cannot see him leaving. The usual Barca posters in this thread seem to have been banned though :lol:

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona

izec

They have done well with trimming down the squad and adding the last 2 loans. Still think they could do with another forward and CB, but they have improved.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
They have done well with trimming down the squad and adding the last 2 loans. Still think they could do with another forward and CB, but they have improved.
We already have our new forward with Vitor Roque, who will join in January. As for the CB, Xavi wanted to keep Garcia, but Eric wanted to leave, so he can have playtime. But we still have 4 CBs with Araujo, Kounde, Christensen and Martinez. We should be okay, if we don't get too many injuries again.

Yesterday was exceptional for Barca. In the end, we made €100m profit in the transfer window and still managed to strengthen our team considerably.

Last edited:

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Speculation. I find the “free loans” hard to believe though. Chelsea paid 11m for 4 months, and now suddenly Felix is free for a year?
It was the situation. Simeone didn't want Félix and Félix didn't want to go anywhere else but Barca. So the last day of market they had to make a decision. Keep a player that doesn't want to be in the club with a manager that doesn't want him in the club either, or loan him hoping he does well and they can sell him in the future.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Speculation. I find the “free loans” hard to believe though. Chelsea paid 11m for 4 months, and now suddenly Felix is free for a year?
Atletico wanted €8m for the Felix loan, barca had zero ffp margin. But all sides wanted the move, so Atletico accepted a 2 year contract extension in return for a free loan. In the balance sheet, it's the same result as if Barca paid them €8m, because his initial fee gets spread out on 2 more years and the yearly cost of him goes down roughly for the same amount (€8m), which is important for the balance sheet and the spanish ffp.

Felix really wanted to join Barca, that he even extended his contract at Atleti for 2 more years and Laporta thanked him for this effort during presentation.

Last edited: