Barcelona summer sales | 2023 edition

Lemoor

Boehly might come to rescue this season too and offer 100 million for Sergi Roberto just because.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
FdJ and Ter Stegen are the obvious two gettable players...and players they'd be willing to part with.

Stacks

Araujo isn't better than Varane but is basically a young Varane.

Frenkie is obviously the one who we'd go for. But they have plenty of quality players of course. Dembele when fit is probably the best RW in the world and would improve us the most out of the players they have after Frenkie and Lewandowski.
when did Dembele leap ahead of the pile of RW?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
You're so deluded when it comes to Barcelona it's unreal
But why exactly do you say it?

The same thing they told me about FDJ in the summer, the same thing they told me in the winter transfer market a year ago, the same thing they told me that Barcelona could not sign this last summer ... And in the end it ended as I said.

Barcelona if they receive a great offer for FDJ will possibly accept it.
And Barcelona can spend 40% of what the club lowers in the wage bill on signings.

OleGunnar20

Araujo & De Jong alongside a new Striker would have us competing for the CL I'd say.

Partridge

Could potentially be very sly and offer around 90 - 100 mil euro for both pedri and gavi? Threaten them with Phil Jones if they don't consider it.

Lemoor

when did Dembele leap ahead of the pile of RW?
He was good during the last 6 months, but being good for Barcelona immidiately means that he's the best player in the world in his position.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
By order of interest, I'd go :
1- Pedri
2- Araujo
3- FdJ
4- Ter Stegen
5- Balde
6- Fati (would be much higher if it wasn't for injuries)
7- Gavi (personal bias, I don't rate him as much as others)
8- Dembele (same as Fati)
9- Raphinha

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
How the feck do a club the size and stature of Barcelona get into a mess like this??

Kaos

Ter Stegen and FDJ would immediately improve our starting 11. Not fussed about the others.

cpresc

Oh, I agree he's top class (and he was Barca's best player against us). But I think Licha is the best CB in the world and even if EtH was willing to play two left footed CB's together, I'm not sure if Araujo is better than Varane (both are superb).
didn’t he play RB for them against us though? I thought he looked great, so if he could fit into RB and then cover for Varane when needed, that’d be great

romufc

FdJ and Ter Stegen are the obvious two gettable players...and players they'd be willing to part with.
We saw last season, FdJ is not gettable. Barca were willing to part but he was determined to stay there, don't see it changing this season.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
In the summer you tell me if Barcelona sign or not.
And Tebas changed the FFP in December by tightening it to surreal levels.
Every time Barcelona made a move, soon Tebas created a new rule prohibiting it from doing so again.

Barcelona is much better economically and continues to lower the wage bill.

Delusional.

Valencia Shin Crosses

FDJ obviously. Araujo no doubt as well.

Lewa is the other clear option.

The thing is I'm not sure who they can sell besides their top players to fund other signings. Dembele won't fetch a huge fee considering his injury history, likewise for Fati. It feels as though they need to make at least one big name sale to really get to that number.

TheLittleOne

Yeah he isn't leaving
We dont know for sure what the real reasons were. What about a 60m payment to barca and we pay frankie the wages they owe him? United is clearly on the way up. Sounds like a win-win-win situation to me. We wouldnt have bothered that much till the end if frankie was totally against a move.. ETH knows him and to be honest we looked like clowns to anyone who is not in the know. So i think there was a chance it for it to happen even last summer but it didnt because of money.

Last edited:

Ghostrider318

I dislike Barca as much as any other United fan but it feels like they're being targeted for not agreeing to the CVC deal.

If this still holds, I expect them to pull more levers and sign more players specially the free agents. These players will replace the ones they signed for free last summer and will give them some depth too. Then theyll repeat this again next year.

TheLittleOne

I dislike Barca as much as any other United fan but it feels like they're being targeted for not agreeing to the CVC deal.

If this still holds, I expect them to pull more levers and sign more players specially the free agents. These players will replace the ones they signed for free last summer and will give them some depth too. Then theyll repeat this again next year.
Like if you refuse to give protection money to the mafia. I think thats not a bad analogy.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They have exactly 5 world class players: Ter Stegen, Araujo, Pedri, Dembele and Lewandowski <---- transformative players

Then a couple great ones in De Jong and Kounde <---- will improve a team depending on need, if nothing else would represent fantastic depth

Then a couple very talented kids, Gavi and Balde <---- good for the future while good enough to contribute immediately

Then a couple good players, Christensen, Kessie, Ferran and Raphinha <---- good for depth

Cloud7

Araujo, Varane and Lisandro would be an insane collection of CB’s

Castia

They're completely fecked aren't they. Already taken future incomes with the levers they activated last summer and still have feck all and need to raise almost 200m.

So lucky to have quality like Gavi, Fati and Pedri come through to give them a core of good young players but they're in big trouble.

They needed a reset last summer, feck knows why they went and signed the likes of Lewandowski at his age they've taken short term success and absolutely killed themselves in the long run.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

Levers no longer serve to increase the salary cap. That was one of the changes made this winter.

He offers little else.
Lewandowski offers to receive the ball when the team is under pressure, makes very good clearances into space, presses well... It seems to me that he offers many things.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Couldn't agree more. He's meant to be one of the best strikers in the world but all he does is score tonnes of goals and assist. That man is stealing a living. Ridiculous, really...
Watch him play, he doesn't improve them by much, and his big game performances are even worse.
Levers no longer serve to increase the salary cap. That was one of the changes made this winter.

Lewandowski offers to receive the ball when the team is under pressure, makes very good clearances into space, presses well... It seems to me that he offers many things.
Has he really taken you to the next level? I don't think so.

jesperjaap

im pretty sure the commentator when we played them mentioned they have already stated certain players that they wont sell

Pedri, Gavi and Arujo are three I remember, pretty sure there was five. So can rule them out as I would take all three otherwise.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the keeper what with the obsession on here with goalkeepers with there feet as he is a good keeper , but an excellent one with his feet, but Im not 100% convinced.

Barring the three players definately on the not for sale list.....not sure take an personally even though they have some other quality players.

I really really like Balde and I am sure he said the only other club he would like to play for is us in a recent interview. But we have Luke Shaw and Malacia has done well, so he isnt needed.

Lewandowski is still an excellent striker now at his age, but I dont want us to sign another veteran striker.

Kounde is massively over rated in my opinion.

Frankie de Jong is a fantastic player I feel who would be starting at any other side bar Barcelonas midfield....he jus doesnt give the ball away in a press....but with all that has gone on and with us having signed Casemeiro INSTEAD...I am not sure he is what our midfield needs now and I am glad he didnt want to come and we got Casemeiro instead

Outside of that there good players that are not old are all wingers and we are well stocked there. If we were to be raiding Barcelona this summer and Pedri, Gavi and Arujo are not options.....its the youth set up I would be plundering

Yagami

Good post resistant
Is anyone else a fan of Trincao? I thought Barca had sold him but he's only on loan at Sporting.

I've liked the look of him at Barca, Wolves and now Sporting. In my opinion, he's the type of player we are in need of. A left footed attacker who can dribble and is strong at keeping the ball under pressure. I like him more than Raphinha who Barca replaced him with.

He'll obviously be far down the queue of mosts wishlist considering who else Barca have, but I think he's worth a look at.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Barça is actively looking to sell a number of players right now, of which I don’t think we would have any interest in. Ralphina is a great fit at RW for ETH but is blocked by Antony. Kessie, Garcia and Alba aren’t fits.

Ansu Fati will probably also be available, and will of course garner interest at a decent rate.

But I have a very hard time seeing those guys shopped being enough. Wouldn’t at all be surprised if there are some deals to be made if they are pressed involving the likes of Balde and other more interesting options. Gavi? Arujo? Doubt it, probably very far down the list, but their situation is beyond troublesome from a financial POV.

Partridge

Inevitably, Barca will try to pump up the prices. Now's the time to try and mug them off, and grab a bargain if possible. I'd grab gavi and fati but wouldn't pay what Barca would ask. Lowball them.