Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Klopp here would be dismembered and buried at the first 2 adverse results for his way of playing directly, here people don't like so much long ball from one band to another in attack.
The football here is that of Guardiola, Luis Enrique, Cruyff, Ajax or Bayern right now.
They just did a lot of things wrong, now they have to be done right and it will take time.
Luis Enrique's football at Barca wasn't more 'Cruyffian' than Klopp's is. I take it you're not watching Liverpool regularly.

dinostar77

Balague article on BBC site. Barcelona would have to pay Koeman €12mil if they sacked him.
Mental.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
They should give Xavi whatever he wants and hope he pans out.
If they have any hope of him being a good manager for them then they shouldn't hire him, it's really a bad time for any new manager with aspirations to learn the job and improve. I'm not sure who they can hire to fix that mess though, it's a difficult job at the moment.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Koeman sent off :lol:

Memphis missed 3 good chances.

De Jong was decent pre red card. Araujo and Ter Stegen good. All their other players were garbage. Dest and De Jong were the worst off the bunch.

432JuanMata

Would Guardiola go back I wonder? If so, how do people reckon he'd get on?
He would obviously do better and in a few years could get them back somewhere close to their standard. This Barca side on paper are awful one of the worst I’ve seen in my life but they have good young players and if Pep got in there he could build something.

PoTMS

A team more mismanaged than us and Arsenal. You love to see it.

432JuanMata

A team more mismanaged than us and Arsenal. You love to see it.
No doubt Koeman is out of his depth but that’s not the only issue. Barca squad is average and they have no money to fix it. There best players are young and it will take time to rebuild. Though your point stands, rebuilding should never include Koeman as manager

Red the Bear

Something less generic
That's it for him I imagined surely won't last much longer in a league and team infamous for sacking and being inpatient with managers

He's a bit of mystery and looking back at his tenure there really ain't much to look at aside from that decent run they managed last year its all been so lukewarm

Won't do much better then last year without messing and fecking luke de jong up front

Perhaps the most amusing snippet during all this turmoil is that they're replacing one Everton reject with another in Martinez with both of Spains big two being managed by such

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
He would obviously do better and in a few years could get them back somewhere close to their standard. This Barca side on paper are awful one of the worst I’ve seen in my life but they have good young players and if Pep got in there he could build something.
When has he ever built anything without large piles of money or the world greatest player to ease his route? Not a chance in hell he'd go back.

432JuanMata

When has he ever built anything without large piles of money or the world greatest player to ease his route? Not a chance in hell he'd go back.
He would never go back which I agree and yes he spends piles of money but he makes players better and he could make something of this Barca side if there for a few years.
Though I agree with the point it’s all hypothetical as he would never go back with the way Barca are

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Didn’t he say the other day that Messi masked all the problems at the club? He made himself look like a shite manager with that quote

Sviken

Never in Barca's current state. He'd advise them from outside but never threaten his position as the top manager currently. Barcelona are in a sorry state. It'll take a long time and a lot of effort to get that fixed and I don't think Guardiola wants or has the necessary capacities to fix them. Rebuilding a club from top to bottom is a lot harder than inheriting a club with world class players and make them play better (which he excels at).

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
That's it for him I imagined surely won't last much longer in a league and team infamous for sacking and being inpatient with managers

He's a bit of mystery and looking back at his tenure there really ain't much to look at aside from that decent run they managed last year its all been so lukewarm

Won't do much better then last year without messing and fecking luke de jong up front

Perhaps the most amusing snippet during all this turmoil is that they're replacing one Everton reject with another in Martinez with both of Spains big two being managed by such
Don't rope a legendary manager like Ancelotti into the Koeman and Martinez club. To the bigger point, Xavi really is the best option here. He'll get the time needed and can build this team from scratch.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Would he feck… He’s a definition of a cheque book manager and Barca haven’t got two pennies to rub together.

432JuanMata

Don't rope a legendary manager like Ancelotti into the Koeman and Martinez club. To the bigger point, Xavi really is the best option here. He'll get the time needed and can build this team from scratch.
100% agree with this. Most top managers Barca would be the wrong place to go now but for Xavi it’s perfect. They are in a bad situation so he will get time with the pressure being a lot lower than years gone. It’s a win win for him as if he doesn’t get them performing it will not be considered that bad yet if he can get them back to a decent level he will be a hero

432JuanMata

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Never gonna happen in a million years.
Never happening but I always find them type of posts funny as why should he do that to prove to people on a forum he can. He has a handy job with unlimited money and is winning trophies but let’s go to a sinking ship to show he can save it.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Just a sly dig to the the Great man nothing more :D
And about your second point i doubt it would be a great choice for xavi he would be taking a job that even the greatest managers would struggle to deal with and seeing his lack of experience and rather the lackluster results he's achieved with alsad i doubt he would fare any better then koeman has

He'll be a fool to take the job he's at risk of ruining his legacy at the eyes of the fans who love him so dearly and also burn his managing career before its even taken of

Rojow

Messi had 51 G/A in this shitty team under Koeman last season.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Never happening but I always find them type of posts funny as why should he do that to prove to people on a forum he can. He has a handy job with unlimited money and is winning trophies but let’s go to a sinking ship to show he can save it.
To prove he’s not a cheque book manager who just outspends everybody to win titles which he really is. He’s like the city of managers post Barca.

The fact he’s not won a cl with the teams he’s had at his disposal since leaving Barca says quite a bit.

432JuanMata

To prove he’s not a cheque book manager who just outspends everybody to win titles which he really is. He’s like the city of managers post Barca.

The fact he’s not won a cl with the teams he’s had at his disposal since leaving Barca says quite a bit.
It also says quite a bit that he is the manager installed by these clubs that spend billions. Why don’t they give it too other managers? Because they feel Pep is the best. Yeah he might of spend piles of money at City but he racks up 100 point seasons and clears up domestically

Valencia Shin Crosses

Luis Enrique's football at Barca wasn't more 'Cruyffian' than Klopp's is. I take it you're not watching Liverpool regularly.
Enrique’s football was actually my favorite Barca ever played. They were absolutely terrifying and actually were willing to play in space as opposed to just hoarding the ball as they did in Peps last years there.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
It also says quite a bit that he is the manager installed by these clubs that spend billions. Why don’t they give it too other managers? Because they feel Pep is the best. Yeah he might of spend piles of money at City but he racks up 100 point seasons and clears up domestically
Bayern are not better for him being there and city’s success will always be a joke.

Sorry to say but clubs like city investing in him doesn’t make him special. Nor does the fact he gets a blank cheque every summer. simply put the only reason he’s there is because they brought in to the Barca bullshit and want to replicate what he had there to some how legitimise their ownership.

The fact he’s achieved one CL final since 2011 without Messi, Iniesta and Xabi says enough about his ability considering the resources at his disposal

SATA

They should know they need Klopp so go get him, I do not want to see him in the Prem again unless he comes to manage United

Ladron de redcafe

They should know they need Klopp so go get him, I do not want to see him in the Prem again unless he comes to manage United
I'm just not sure what the appeal to Klopp would be. He has a better squad and he's revered where he is at. Barcelona can be a little ruthless and managers often feel that they're harshly judged there.

I'm not sure what he gains by leaving Liverpool and joining what is a weaker team at the moment, especially because I can't see the Barcelona fans warming up to him since he doesn't play the type of football that they expect.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Pique and Sergi Roberto both came out against his press release saying they're not there to finish 4th

Barely speaks with Laporta anymore

Dead man walking

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I'm just not sure what the appeal to Klopp would be. He has a better squad and he's revered where he is at. Barcelona can be a little ruthless and managers often feel that they're harshly judged there.

I'm not sure what he gains by leaving Liverpool and joining what is a weaker team at the moment, especially because I can't see the Barcelona fans warming up to him since he doesn't play the type of football that they expect.
Klopp will leave when he feels he can't develop the team further and some new input is needed like he did in Dortmund. No idea when that will happen, but if it happens in the summer I could see him at Barca, big club in need of a massive rebuild and in massive debts is exactly what Dortmund was when he started there.

Bole Top

Koeman is tragic, but... two years ago Pique was basically saying the same thing Koeman is saying now and was even saying he will be "the first to leave". then he changed his mind and simply said he doesn't actually see himself ever leaving because he cares only for Barca :lol: of course both him and Sergi will be on players side, as they represent the other part of cancer - old, spent and overpaid players that overstayed but will never consider walking away from the massive contracts they're on. they know what the fans want to hear but in reality, everyone will be gone before those two cockroaches. they already lost Suarez and Messi + Griez, and De Jong and couple of others will probably leave before Pique and Sergi do. attack is the best defence, obviously.

Last edited:

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
The hilarious thing is that Ole is also clearly a ‘chequebook manager’ because United have spent the second most amount of money (IN EUROPE) after City over the past few seasons. But they’ve got jack to show for it. So it’s clearly not as easy as all these couch managers are making out.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pique dribbling in attack when they need a goal last night was great :lol: