Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Gazza

Koeman last year has given opportunity to many guys among others Pedri and Araujo, and this year the same and is very important when rebuilding a team.
I remember that Van Gaal was criticized the same thing 20 years ago and gave opportunity to Xavi, Puyol, Iniesta or Valdes.

If a person says that ole is a mediocre coach I don't think is an insult, my opinion is that he does not have the level for a top club, he does not have the knowledge or experience as a coach for the highest level. A shame because I like him very well both when he was a player and now as a coach. A good guy.
And to say that United since Ferguson's retirement have not done well is not an insult either, the last years of Ferguson I no longer liked how things were being done.
I found the signing of Mourinho disastrous for example, but if you said it here when it became official you would have been skinned alive, in the end you have to let time pass and see how things develop.
:lol: What reality are you living in? There was plenty dissent on here when Mourinho was given the job. At the same time plenty of people were happy to be shot of Van Gaal. At no time was expressing such opinion taboo on here ffs :lol:

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Why cant we all agree that both Ole and Koeman are inept clown.
Because one has improved a club significantly over its previous two managers who were purportedly world class, while the other threw a player out of the club without even watching him play…

The disrespect Ole gets for the sheer size of the project he has had in front of him on this forum is a fecking joke. We were an utter shambles when he took over and the only reason why the muppets on this forum are going ballistic, is because he has made them feel like we can win the league with his recruitment and upward trajectory with performance of the squad.

Hoof the ball

Christ, couldn’t of bit more hard if you tried.

have a lie down like messi is doing at PSG
Well, Messi has hit the crossbar in three of the last four games he didn't score in. Two free-kicks, and the third, a dribble and curler from 20 yards out. It's easy to just see the stat without realising that he's been plain unlucky thus far.

JuampaCastellanos

I mean, Barcelona has not declare bankruptcy just because they are Barcelona. Any other team would be in way more serious financial problems. I can understand letting go Messi, Griezmann and Suarez. They should even let go Coutinho and any other expensive player. Remember that Messi renewed every year for a huge amount of money. Even more, they bought unnecessary players like Coutinho, Griezmann, Mario Gomez, Arda Turan, etc. which were really expensive. Now they are paying the consequences. We can say that Koeman is a clown, maybe. But what coach can change Barcelona's situation? Xavi who is coaching in Qatar? Barcelona right now is two steps behind Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid, and one step behind Sevilla. Making it to the Champions League would be a miracle. Maybe they need to not qualify to Champions League, trust the young players (they have great promises) and heal the financial situation.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Because one has improved a club significantly over its previous two managers who were purportedly world class, while the other threw a player out of the club without even watching him play…

The disrespect Ole gets for the sheer size of the project he has had in front of him on this forum is a fecking joke. We were an utter shambles when he took over and the only reason why the muppets on this forum are going ballistic, is because he has made them feel like we can win the league with his recruitment and upward trajectory with performance of the squad.
We were in a temporarily shambles when he took over. Aside from that it was once a 2nd placed team that Ole took over. In the same vein that Chelsea weren't an 11th placed level team following Mourinhos meltdown season there. It's just a falsehood used to big up Ole and the mighty task he had. We were a team that finished 2nd a season before and had won trophies (EL). Since then we have been a team has shown more consistency in the league but won zilch. He's done well to develop the squad so yeah I wouldn't compare him to Koeman who has been pure crap

Jackal981

Am I missing something here ? Did I watch the wrong team ?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
:lol: What reality are you living in? There was plenty dissent on here when Mourinho was given the job. At the same time plenty of people were happy to be shot of Van Gaal. At no time was expressing such opinion taboo on here ffs :lol:
When Mourinho signed I think I remember that there were many happy and hopeful people who would be the counterweight to Pep.
There were many threads, one I think I remember was called " Mou vs Pep: The final chapter"
I may be wrong but my perception was that

United has a £480.03m net spend since 17/18 so about £96m per season. United will keep improving their squad by buying the next sancho, Maguire or Rice every summer. United has the spending power. They are well managed financially so good for them. Whether they buy the right player however is another story.
Barcelona and United have been in the top-3 revenue for 10 years, even the last 2 years Barcelona was the first.
Indeed United will have money to sign a great player every year and they will sign the next Sancho or Maguire, but the thing is that Barcelona too and will sign the next De Jong or Pedri.
You can't believe that the 2 clubs earn similar amounts and one can sign and the other can't. In addition, United now have a higher wage bill than Barcelona.

As it was previously said, if you think Barcelona is going to rebuild there team by getting a new golden generation from La Masia like this one or Busquets, Messi, you're in for a huge disappointment. It was a statistical anomaly, a pure age of wonders that is not going to happen again. Barcelona fans have a tendancy to overrate young players a lot, it's kinda awkward to see so many praises for Puig for exemple.
I say it's important to give minutes to young players. A year ago nobody knew Pedri and now if he were sold Barcelona would get a lot of money, the same with Ansu Fati. What is certain is that if you do not give opportunities to young people they don't get better.
Barcelona has a great generation right now, then we will see how they evolve and how far they go.

Reactions: mazhar13

Strelok

We were in a temporarily shambles when he took over. Aside from that it was once a 2nd placed team that Ole took over. In the same vein that Chelsea weren't an 11th placed level team following Mourinhos meltdown season there. It's just a falsehood used to big up Ole and the mighty task he had. We were a team that finished 2nd a season before and had won trophies (EL). Since then we have been a team has shown more consistency in the league but won zilch. He's done well to develop the squad so yeah I wouldn't compare him to Koeman who has been pure crap
That 2nd place was largely thanked to DDG. He was unbelievable in that season. People seem to already forget how much a shamble we was back then. Even the most delusional ones could not believe we'd stand a chance for the title or CL. And the football we played was probably the worst I've seen in my 25 years watching United.

I think Ole will be out soon but despite how much you guys hate or look down on him let's not deny the fact he has transformed us from a team that our only hope was a top 4 each season to the now where we'd be disappointed if we don't win the title. That's no easy job.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That 2nd place was largely thanked to DDG. He was unbelievable in that season. People seem to already forget how much a shamble we was back then. Even the most delusional ones could not believe we'd stand a chance for the title or CL. And the football we played was probably the worst I've seen in my 25 years watching United.

I think Ole will be out soon but despite how much you guys hate or look down on him let's not deny the fact he has transformed us from a team that our only hope was a top 4 each season to the now where we'd be disappointed if we don't win the title. That's no easy job.
Same as last season's second place then. All thanks to Bruno being incredible and we did well to finish second but nobody thought we could win anything major. Our football was not great in the 81 point season but it was nowhere near the worst football of the last 8 seasons. That's your mind playing tricks on you.

I'm not denying anything. He's done a good job at building the squad but the coaching/actual football remains lacklustre.

cyberman

Am I missing something here ? Did I watch the wrong team ?
This is just ridiculous. No, we are the same shambles with Lukaku, Sanchez and Mata up top with Smalling and and Fellaini as the spine.
Literally finished 3rd and Second but hey, no upward trajectory at all!

Strelok

Same as last season's second place then. All thanks to Bruno being incredible and we did well to finish second but nobody thought we could win anything major. Our football was not great in the 81 point season but it was nowhere near the worst football of the last 8 seasons. That's your mind playing tricks on you.

I'm not denying anything. He's done a good job at building the squad but the coaching/actual football remains lacklustre.
It's a hell of difference between having to rely on your attacking players and having to rely on your GK mate.

Honestly I had to stop watching us for a while under Mourinho because I simply couldn't stand it.

I'm Vietnamese and in our domestic league all teams use a big foreign white/black forward to bully our asian defenders. The idea is simply pumping long balls to that forward and hope something happen. While the rest basically stay at the back. The Mourinho football was exactly the same except Lukaku was so shite against the PL defenders.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why cant we all agree that both Ole and Koeman are inept clown.
What’s a relevance to this? Stop having digs at Ole and discuss Barca. You want to criticise Ole, go to his performance thread. No need to throw in sly digs in every post.

SirScholes

Well, Messi has hit the crossbar in three of the last four games he didn't score in. Two free-kicks, and the third, a dribble and curler from 20 yards out. It's easy to just see the stat without realising that he's been plain unlucky thus far.
Unstoppable

Gazza

When Mourinho signed I think I remember that there were many happy and hopeful people who would be the counterweight to Pep.
There were many threads, one I think I remember was called " Mou vs Pep: The final chapter"
I may be wrong but my perception was
Your original point was very clearly wrong! People expressed plenty counter opinions on here about Mourinho at the time, so you’re just way off there.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
This is just ridiculous. No, we are the same shambles with Lukaku, Sanchez and Mata up top with Smalling and and Fellaini as the spine.
Literally finished 3rd and Second but hey, no upward trajectory at all!
And this season you could still finish even worse than third with far higher wages

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Barcelona and United have been in the top-3 revenue for 10 years, even the last 2 years Barcelona was the first.
Indeed United will have money to sign a great player every year and they will sign the next Sancho or Maguire, but the thing is that Barcelona too and will sign the next De Jong or Pedri.
You can't believe that the 2 clubs earn similar amounts and one can sign and the other can't. In addition, United now have a higher wage bill than Barcelona.
When Barcelona clean up the high wages and also reduce their debt level they will be back. That is for sure. Barcelona is a big club just with bad management for the past 10 years.

cyberman

And this season you could still finish even worse than third with far higher wages
Everybody could, that’s why it’s called an achievement or failure
We could win the league as well, it’s not much of a point to be honest.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I've been impressed by their midfielders. Maybe they should give 4-4-2 a go:

Fati Memphis
Gavi De Jong Busquets Pedri
Alba Garcia Araujo Dest
Ter Stegen

They'd still have Puig and Nico on the bench.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
They could be crippled for years to come. Those are scary numbers
Nah, is ok, according to some Barca fans the savings they made this Summer means the rebuild is well on its way and next Summer they have millions to blow in the transfer market.

USREDEVIL

Nah, is ok, according to some Barca fans the savings they made this Summer means the rebuild is well on its way and next Summer they have millions to blow in the transfer market.
Sounds like the same thinking that got them into the mess they're in. It was always curious how Barca and Madrid could spend so much money...

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Err did you read this part?
Yeah, but with Barca the main issue is gross debt and not net. We know that a lot of their assets are tied up in player contracts but due to the wages of said players their 'real world value' is nowhere near their book value.

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
Javier Tebas: “I have Barça’s accounts. They’re not in that bad of a financial crisis. The new board is trying to blame the previous board for everything.”

La Liga president wont stop attacking Perez and Laporta. La liga is a different breed.

MadMike

what does net debt mean?
True to your name. Why not use google?

Net debt is a liquidity metric used to determine how well a company can pay all of its debts if they were due immediately. Net debt shows much debt a company has on its balance sheet compared to its liquid assets. Net debt shows how much cash would remain if all debts were paid off and if a company has enough liquidity to meet its debt obligations.

To determine the financial stability of a business, analyst and investors will look at the net debt using the following formula and calculation.

Net Debt = STD + LTD - CCE

STD = Short-Term Debt. Debt that is due in 12 months or less and can include short-term bank loans, accounts payable, and lease payments
LTD = Long-Term Debt. Debt with a maturity date longer than one year and include bonds, lease payments, term loans, small and notes payable
CCE = Cash and Cash Equivalents. Cash and liquid instruments that can easily be converted to cash

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/netdebt.asp
It basically means that if they go into administration, all the assets that they could liquidate in a reasonable amount of time would still leave them with 680 million euros in debt. It's a bit like negative equity of sorts.

But since the most valuable assets of a football club are players, it's worth knowing if players values are included in CCE or not. Because Barca could easily sell couple of hundred million euros worth of talent, probably more, if they absolutely have to (players like FDJ, Fati, Pedri, Dest, Gavi etc).

iKnowNothing

True to your name. Why not use google?

It basically means that if they go into administration, all the assets that they could liquidate in a reasonable amount of time would still leave them with 680 million euros in debt. It's a bit like negative equity of sorts.

But since the most valuable assets of a football club are players, it's worth knowing if players values are included in CCE or not. Because Barca could easily sell couple of hundred million euros worth of talent, probably more, if they absolutely have to (players like FDJ, Fati, Pedri, Dest, Gavi etc).
Ignoring the needless attempt at a snarky remark, that is a fair response/post.

Since players can’t be sold on a whim at their estimated market price, I suppose net debt doesn’t mean much.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
if they are a private business they will go bankrupt right away with these numbers.